My Kat Build - WIP (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deveralia

Ok guys, Thanks to graduation and new goodies for Christmas, my Kat build is officially on track! Because every girl in halo armor needs a Kat suit! No but really, my boyfriend and I were planning a whole Noble Team group, and as it turns out, I'm the only one who is making any sort of progress. And I think the only one with any plans left to make progress. However, I've started the build and I'm hoping by putting it up here, It will keep me accountable for making progress.

In any case, I'm doing it out of foam, as 1.) my one bedroom apartment isn't really equipped to go the fiberglass/resin route, and 2.) Me and any sort of hardware don't really go together very well.

And since you scrolled down and looked at pictures.... And you're thinking "this girl is crazy, that's not foam!" Well you're right (on both counts!) it's not foam. But I needed a physical reference that was kind of the right size. As I'm learning, I'm not exactly built to fit the pep files, and I don't know enough about it to tinker with changing the sizes of different areas of one piece. But, it really helps me if I have something to look at, and plus, I wanted a chance to see if I could actually pep something well. (especially since I think my boyfriend is going to go the pep/fiberglass route if he lets me help him do his). So, this is my reference! It's just the front of the armor for now, will get the back put together at some point. And it actually fits my make-shift mannequin a lot better than it does me. But overall, I think not bad for a first attempt at pep.

Chestpep2.jpg

Chestpep1.jpg

However, This is where the fun begins! Actual pictures of my actual armor! I'm trying to keep it game accurate, but I know that as this goes I'll want to throw in my own twists just as I did with Cortana, so we'll see where this goes.
In any case, I started small, with the handplates( I feel like that's a common place to start) and overall, I'm rather pleased with how they turned out. It took me fifteen times and a complete design change to get what I wanted, but it will do for my first time doing anything like this.

This was my first attempt (first completed attempt in any case), and the template for the new one.
originalandnewtemplate_zpsae0d2381.jpg

And how it turned out!
handplate_zps70bdb3d3.jpg

handplates_zpsc158a464.jpg

Until next time, Happy Holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
I entirely agree with the idea of pepping first so you can have a model to look at. That's what I did for a few pieces.

Everything looks great so far, I'm sure that this will turn out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back