UNSC ID Cards first project complete with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscamo

Hey guys , so took a step back from my pep work for the armour today and decided to try out some ID cards..

this is what i cam up with :

image3_zps4c543817.jpg

all of them have working QR codes and barcodes :)

thanks for looking

chris

Holy crap these are amazing!

They look just like the ones from Halo fest; How did you make them?

I've been looking for something like this on etsy.com for weeks now- I'm trying to put together little halo gift bags for a Halo party I want to throw in April and I want to put something exactly like this in them.

VERY NEAT SIR

Hey guys ,

These took the good part of 3 hours to make ...

The transparent part is 100 micron clear film these can be printed in an inkjet printer ..

You have to tape around the edges onto a piece of card stock to print .

A few times it messed up in the printer as they have to be perfectly straight.

I used goqr.me and www.barcode-generator.org for the barcodes ..

Just time and patience with these :)

But I have used a template from here , can't remember the name of the lad on here but he was a great help so I wouldn't be selling :)

But wait till after Christmas as I will have some amazing ones to show you as I'm getting an engraving kit and transfer/screen print kit .

Thanks guys for the kind words , I don't get much mention on here :)

Chris

oh i see how there made now, and yeah i know the guy you're talking about, he came up with the idea, but you made it better, now all we need to do with this is put the chip thing on the back of it.

by the way does anyone know what it's used for, besides looks?

These 100 micron clear film "pages" which i believed are used for projectors, all you do is put them in printers "ink jet" and you can pretty much print on these suckers? If so Theres an idea I have been working on for my helmet that Id like to implement, and this would be perfect to do it.

I don't think any one "guy" owns this method- I've seen traditional business cards done in a manner similar to this but this one is obviously much larger than one of those.

These are great man- you should post a tut on how you made them, I bet a lot of people would love to make their own! I know I do :D

These 100 micron clear film "pages" which i believed are used for projectors, all you do is put them in printers "ink jet" and you can pretty much print on these suckers? If so Theres an idea I have been working on for my helmet that Id like to implement, and this would be perfect to do it.

These pages have 2 sides :

A rough side to print on and a smooth side for effect .. I suggest making sure you check this before printing as the ink just slides off and all over your work uniform as I found out ha

These are great man- you should post a tut on how you made them, I bet a lot of people would love to make their own! I know I do :D

Thanks buddy really appreciated ... I will make a tutorial when I'm at work tomorrow as I want to make my wife some as Cortana :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back