Fox's Halo 4 Chief build (pepakura/some foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

Well, it is that time again. PAX East is approaching, and being one of the lucky few to get a 3 day pass has given me enough morale to start a new build. Now I know I don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to completed builds, but this is by far the farthest I think Ive gotten without money or time being an issue. What I have so far(sorry for bluriness my "HD" camera suddenly hates focusing):
Helmet (some slight warping, and it was difficult to build. if i cant fix it then i'll build a different one)
IMAG0024-1_zpsc6822c39.jpg

IMAG0025-2_zpsff9c0193.jpg

IMAG0027-2_zpsaae33c6a.jpg

Forearms:
IMAG0023_zps1cd13dc1.jpg

Shoulders (foam, they will look better once attached to bicep and tricep)
IMAG0022-1_zps55e5ec4d.jpg

COD:
IMAG0018_zps5df96719.jpg

Thigh:
IMAG0017_zps6663086d.jpg

Shins and knees:
IMAG0020-1_zps7a7e22e6.jpg

IMAG0019-1_zpsc1418ff6.jpg

FEETS:
IMAG0021-1_zps781c2bff.jpg

will start work on the other thigh, the buttock, bicep/tricep, and the torso soon.
expect updates by end of week.

Looking good so far. I know its early to ask but what color scheme are you going to use. Which boot file are you using?

The boot file was the one from the 405th database: http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html. if you make it i suggest upscaling it a bit. it will work for me but its slightly smaller then the size in the game. I want to try and get that weathered green look like chief has in the epilogue in that scene walking to S-deck: 0:46 - 1:06
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xFniTGi1I&list=HL1356921791[/video]

Update: just finished left thigh a butt piece. all thats left is torso then i can start resining. (fixed focus problems)

IMG_0010_zps1bb2e070.jpg

It looks as if the piece just over the visor (I guess it is a cowl) is rising up as well, or is this just because of how you are holding it.

Wow man.. great patience so far with the pep files. I started on the H4 model shortly before the release (in hopes to wear it at launch) and soon realized how time consuming it was and went with the H3 model instead. Keep it up!

reah its actually quite simple, just lots of sharp bends and tricky glue spots. the helmet was the worst. If i had the money i porobably would have bought a cast. the torso is nothing in comparision. I'll post an update tommorow.

UPDATE: finally done pep stage! gonna clean out the shed next weekend and turn on some portable heaters to start resining!

IMG_0019_zps970ffe82.jpg

IMG_0020_zps691b9d6a.jpg

had to add supports to the sides so they didnt bend
IMG_0021_zpsb97aab8a.jpg

Just put the first coat of resin on the right hip. Since its pretty cold out it will take an extra hour or two to cure in my slightly heated shed workspace. I will try to get out there earlier to do a thick inside coat. and possibly start a second piece. Will post pics ASAP

Resined so far:
both hips (both sides)
shins (outside)
knees and shin plates (both dies)
Chest (outside)
Butt plate (1/2 outside)
IMG_0110.jpg

Canges since video:
Bondo'd one knee
Resin and rondo'd helmet

Video update: sorry for the thinness, it was recorded with my phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Its still going, its just slow right now. Waiting for some real progress before I update again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back