ODST Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's sweet i would also take a look at eva foam its way easier to work with and a great way to make the vest all of your pieces will attach to

Your finger........ What happened?
Your build is looking awesome!
Keep it up!

This is my schools drill team performance from last year and we were practicing it with the freshmen on Monday and I caught my rifle funny and messed up my finger :confused
P.S. don't watch it after the 7:20 point because last years senors got real emotional because it was their last performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great so far. What made you go with pep/bondo instead of foam?

My dad's has been helping me all though my build and he's been a car mechanic for 30 years and a surfer for 20, so he know his way around bondo from car repair and resin from fixing his surf boards. He's taught me how to properly use resin and bondo and he's helped me with making custom fabrication to peped pieces. Plus with foam you lose a lot of the detail especially with helmets and to me most of the foam builds I have seen look like junk. Also my dad and myself are kind of detail nuts o_O so no go on the foam for us

Looking good so far. Hopefully your finger gets better soon, that looks rough. That is awesome that your Dad has experience, and that you can work on things together.

My dad's has been helping me all though my build and he's been a car mechanic for 30 years and a surfer for 20, so he know his way around bondo from car repair and resin from fixing his surf boards. He's taught me how to properly use resin and bondo and he's helped me with making custom fabrication to peped pieces. Plus with foam you lose a lot of the detail especially with helmets and to me most of the foam builds I have seen look like junk. Also my dad and myself are kind of detail nuts o_O so no go on the foam for us

I understand. My plan so far is to use foam for everything but the helmet and the backpack, maybe hit up Sean Bradley for those if he's still around.

I understand. My plan so far is to use foam for everything but the helmet and the backpack, maybe hit up Sean Bradley for those if he's still around.

Sean still sells armor to find him just click on articles and he's right after Adam

Looking good so far. Hopefully your finger gets better soon, that looks rough. That is awesome that your Dad has experience, and that you can work on things together.

Thanks :D I've had a finger splint on for a week now and is gone down a lot but it hasn't stopped me for working on my armor I have the belt plate and crouch plate done next I'm doing the hip plates

Same here
Well, looks like I have to post more

(unless you can provide me with his email address, in which case I would be infinitely grateful)

Same here

(unless you can provide me with his email address, in which case I would be infinitely grateful)

Well we've both got a while to go. I would just grind it out and contribute to the community before contacting him, otherwise he may just ignore you.

Same here

Just go to elite show case and click last in the page search and you can find a thread started by him there and just send him an email.

Hey all, I have a lot of school work lately so not much time to work on armor but I managed to put together a ODST shin and knee today so enjoy.
DSCI0966_zpsb8bf56b8.jpg
DSCI0965_zps38d5e0f7.jpg
DSCI0964_zpsfa1d5f2c.jpg
Tell me what you all think :D

Looks pretty good. You might want to put a few supports in the middle as it looks a little lopsided in the last picture. But that could just be the lighting.

School can be a bummer but just remember that crafting is a good study break.

Looks pretty good. You might want to put a few supports in the middle as it looks a little lopsided in the last picture. But that could just be the lighting.

School can be a bummer but just remember that crafting is a good study break.

I am going to put wire supports on the inside the same way I did when I resin my forearm :D

I've been doing a lot of peping the past few days so here's the results
DSCI0973_zpse9f9ad90.jpgDSCI0974_zps31b121ae.jpg
I reused some of card stocks sheets that only printed the words and I got a little joke cause of it
DSCI0975_zps88d0fd6c.jpg
The shins are kind of messed up so when I resin them I'm going to have to use supports so they maintain the right shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back