another new build, H4 scout WIP by Spartansonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I am having to take a break from the h3 recon for a couple days due to me being tired of trying the rebreathers over and over again and it never looks right to me :p so I am starting a new project to jump in between to and from.... the Scout helmet from H4, as far as I know besides Kill Kill Kill and I am the only ones to have an unfolded version of this file although I know it is very possible a few others out there do too. It was modeled by Zercon (thank you Zercon!) and unfolded by me. I had fun with this one because I got to watch this be made live and enjoyed every moment of it and had input on it in real time from miles away.

Here is the top of the dome.
524768_554810051213512_2024464882_n.jpg

i will have more pics up later and hopefully atleast have it resined tonight depending on how much help i need to give the kids with homework and such lol.

With permission from Zercon she has allowed me to share this file and I give all credits to her for helping me out with this file. I won't be posting up on 4shared and I ask that you also do not. If you would like the file than please PM me with your Name (on here)and email asking for it. I will send you a copy without a problem, i would love to see more people build this and post a thread. scaling is at 290 mm high and 250 mm wide

thanks skully, i am about half way through it as of now, excited that this oppurtunity came to me for this helmet. so grateful for awesome people in this community of builders

It's looking great so far. I scaled mine to the same size you did, & it ended up being a good fit.
I guess I'm almost no longer the only builder of the H4 SCOUT. (It was good while it lasted) :)
I'll be watching this build, im looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Jim.

OOOOOOOOOO another Scout! My favorite armor in 4 and 3! will be watching this!
Thanks fox! its one of my favorite also in H4.

It's looking great so far. I scaled mine to the same size you did, & it ended up being a good fit.
I guess I'm almost no longer the only builder of the H4 SCOUT. (It was good while it lasted) :)
I'll be watching this build, im looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Jim.

Thanks Jim, look at the pics and see how big it is, it seems a bit big but my ears do fit it just right with enough space for my ears and padding. I hope to meet high expectations with my helmets from now on :O

So no resin tonight, just been pepping here and there when kids aren't needing help with homework and dinner and all the nightly tidbits. i am gonna plug away at it tomorrow after work and finish the pep atleast than when i get it resined i shall be slush casting poly in it.
12591_554950467866137_1289289639_n.jpg

582470_554950547866129_1832828835_n.jpg

421080_554950594532791_1236285021_n.jpg

538547_554953341199183_1235531180_n.jpg

Augh, it’s so neat to see a 3D model come to life so fast after its birth. I definitely will be keeping an eye on this, but I am sure you already knew that :p

Augh, it’s so neat to see a 3D model come to life so fast after its birth. I definitely will be keeping an eye on this, but I am sure you already knew that :p
:) i know you will be< and I am extremely happy for that! i just got back in from slush casting the poly. i need a couple more coats inside of it than onto bondo!

248627_555381297823054_1029579032_n.jpg

541958_555381387823045_2043791069_n.jpg

I used some left over paper from a prior project that i messed up the print on so thats why you see the print shining through lol, for now i am gonna take a break the rest of the night on the scout helmet for i have been pepping and prepping a good chunk of the day. total pep time was maybe 6 hours, and an hour worth of poly slush casting and another 3 for resin. its cold up where i live at night so curing is seeming to be an issue on certain things so its telling me to stop for now until after work tomorrow. i will finish up the slush than smooth certain lines on the outside of the helmet. I am either gonna play h4 or do some research and see if i can't find some visor material like Jim... that is proving to be quite the search these last couple days.

Very nicely done on the pep bud. I was gonna say....Did you recycle your paper or are you some kind of savant able to cut out stuff like this off the cuff?

Very nicely done on the pep bud. I was gonna say....Did you recycle your paper or are you some kind of savant able to cut out stuff like this off the cuff?
thanks Doc, I looked to you and your recon thread when i started my recon and gained helpful tips. I likethe way your wetworks helm is turning out. And no sir, I can't cut out patterns like that right away, it would turn out so haggard lol.

I re-use my paper as well. Gets a bit expensive. Where im from a regular everyday pack of 80gsm paper cost about 5 dollars. A pack of 200 - 210 gsm paper costs around 26 dollars.

not a huge update tonight on the Scout, been working on two helmets at once lol

All I did was get the first initial layer on the dome tonight
6635_556400597721124_184434648_n.jpg

filled in all the low spots and rounded it out some more. my way is unorthodox but it works. put a good layer of smoothcast inside, file off the square edges, fill with bondo, smooth. It keeps me from using a ton of bondo, which in turn saves weight and material.

and here it is next to the recon WIP side by side with the second layer of bondo on one side only. Don't ask me why its on one side only, I just happened to stop at that moment lol
399992_556396561054861_1626628703_n.jpg

And so this update seem so pointless to me a shot of all three side by side
3883_556396364388214_798139314_n.jpg

For now I am swapping back and forth between the two builds. Scout one day, recon the next. It is starting to get cold here where I live and snowing right now which is why i am inside and not working until midnight on it lol. Should have more updates on this one next week

oh no worries Skully, I will be purchasing a ceramic heater this weekend which will work better than my old heater. than its on like Godzilla walking through a tokyo street during a hunger rampage in the middle of china town in L.A. Wait, that has never happened yet. We should make a movie like that so we can say it happened.

1HGT.jpg

Yup thats me just now. Stupid movie ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back