Halo 4 Master Chief: The Definitive Master Files

Would you be interested in a download for all Halo 4 armor models, for a Donation?

• YES, I would Donate to fund the creation of the files

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • NO, not very interested.

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DYSTORTED INC

Last summer I started putting together a rough idea of creating some of the best halo 4 files and armor from a novice 3D artist / prop maker. Since the announcement trailer release, I've been putting together a library of references with videos and pictures of ingame renders, cinematics, even 4 separate versions of the real live action suits. Now that I've finally have more time to apply towards prop and file creation, I decided to dust this off and finally put all of my time to good use. I plan to be able to knock out one file a week, starting with one of the more difficult parts, the helmet. I still have a few things to adjust to the back, but thankfully I've been picking at it since about August. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy watching this come to life.

MKVII_zps35085837.jpg

You're kidding, right? Do you even know how accurate that is?
A novice? Intermediate atleast. How long have you been doing this? I'm a few weeks ba**s deep in Blender and can't seem to get comfortable.
Will you be doing the whole suit?

Alright, just checking, but will you be releasing these files? Will these be like the Reach files where you can donate and download them? Or are these personal models that we can only view in awe? Just wandering...

Chief SMASH!

-Seth

I'm glad you asked that Seth, after some thought I've decided to have the files available for download through donation. I just moved to Dallas and haven't started working again, this will help fund the creation of all of the armor from Halo 4. The donation will be separate from the Dawn Under Heaven donation page. I will have the donation set up after I get more files available, I'll post here once I have it ready.

Finally made some progress with this!

https://vimeo.com/57686238

I need to ask though, would anyone be interested in the Halo 4 File Directory, or should I put my efforts towards something else?

Would we? Definitely. There are files for Halo 4s MC, but they're not very accurate. Proboably due to the lack of reference. You're doing a great job, so keep on doing it ^^

EDIT :
So far, this is the best H4 helmet modeled by man haha. Daaaamn, when I look at it I catch myself thinking - these are the kind of files that are worth building. So thought out, every single detail is there. I hope you do more of this and get awarded (atleast in cash.. Every little bit helps)

I figured its time for an update.

There was a few new angles I discovered in my references and I've added some cool new features:
Cortona Data Chip slot
Updated visor
Actual vent ducts in the back for better air circulation to prevent visor fogging
Internal neck seal to help tighten the fit around the neck ( will help with the bobblehead effect)

https://vimeo.com/57769709

So, has it been decided all models are individual? If so, awesome, but I'm still wracking my brain how I'm going to get so much detail in a foam helmet :(

Use multiple layers of foam, from 10mm through 4-6mm to 2mm.
You're also going to need some sort of thin pipes or something here and there... and maybe use 10mm pieces and a dremel to carve them for some of the bevels and such.

Thank you so much guys, you really don't know how much your encouragement means!

And as great as the helmet may be, no helmet is complete without a suit of armor!

I knocked out the arm portion of the upper body, the next update will be the chest portion.

https://vimeo.com/58147474

The lower arm needs to taper quite a lot more towards the wrists. The same way the lower arm has a much larger diameter right below the elbow.

And I think the bicep is too wide in the front view, even Arnold did not have such arms ;)

Details look spot on though!

Just a personal opinion....I like it better that it doesn't taper as much. Most builds are not 100% game accurate, so it requires the piece to be slipped on over their hand. The way it is modeled now, I think, will definitely make that easier. The progress is coming along very nicely!!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back