"Help!" for: 3D Modeling & Pepakura Model Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone can help me that would be great. There have been a few pep.s that I have tried to make that are rather large once I scaled it. the only problem is when scaling it that large. The pieces now wont fit on a single page. I try to dis-join sections. but on occasion there won't be a line point where I can dis-join at. Is it possible to make point to dis-join and if so How would I go about doing that?

if someone can help me that would be great. There have been a few pep.s that I have tried to make that are rather large once I scaled it. the only problem is when scaling it that large. The pieces now wont fit on a single page. I try to dis-join sections. but on occasion there won't be a line point where I can dis-join at. Is it possible to make point to dis-join and if so How would I go about doing that?
The split points on the models are actually the lines between the faces of the model. The only way to 'add' new ones is to edit the 3d model itself.

Having a scaling problem with the Reach chestplate file, same as Retralpha. Do I just need to cut away some of the neck area to enlarge the hole? My main concern is I'm using the wrong measurement. I used Halogodess's tutorial, and measured across the front of my chest at it's widest, and used that for width. Do I need to keep playing with it until the neckline is large enough? Or has someone found a good fix for this on the Reach files?
Thanks!

This may be a stupid question but I have a pep file that doesn't have the line up numbers by the flaps, what is the easiest way to add them? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide

If you're in Pep Viewer, I think what you are looking for is under "View -> Show Edge ID", if it's Pep Designer "2d Menu -> Show Edge ID". That makes the numbers show up!

Ok so heres the basic problem im having. I recantly started to work on the Halo 2 Marine helmet. I am planning to eventually do the whole marine set. Ive done some tinkering with a tau fire warrior helmet and eventually finish that too. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tips for gluing the models together? I have found that I am much more comfortable using white glue and it works great. However, I feel I dont have enough arms because when i have it coming together the numbers will be off just slightly and it makes the helmet look poor. I was wondering, how do you guys get such smooth results when gluing? Mine looks ok for afirst try, but I want better.

Relax. Noone heres gonna call you stupid. Im new too but Im pretty sure nones gonna be harsh towards you for asking aquestion. At least, I would hope not. A good tip when opening any program period though is to always skim through the entire menu set first. That will usually give you some idea of what the program can do as youre checking out files and making stuff. :D

Alright guys so I am trying to scale my right hd shin piece, I already pepped my left shin piece and it fits fine, I put the same value into the height for the right shin piece but the width and depth are different from the left shin piece. Should I just replace the values for those?

Are the width and depth inverted? Is the width of the right shin equal to the depth of the left shin and vice versa? If so, you're good to go. The model has simply been rotated from one version to the other.

Something else you can do, if you're really worried about it, is simply invert the left pattern. In Pep Designer, open the left shin, click on the "Others" tab, and select "Mirror Inversion (both 3D and 2D)." That will make a mirror copy of the left shin (essentially, a right shin) with the same specifications as the left shin; no guess work.

Ok, dumb question time...

Is there a method within Pep Designer to simply and relatively easily create a simple flat unfold of a models various part?
I'm attempting to iron flat the front portion of Osman's navy uniform but my lack of experience is killing me.
9wu8uGM.jpg

Hoping to simply be able to print it out and make a clothing pattern from it with too much fekking around...
Help? Someone? Pretty please?

Ok, dumb question time...

Is there a method within Pep Designer to simply and relatively easily create a simple flat unfold of a models various part?
I'm attempting to iron flat the front portion of Osman's navy uniform but my lack of experience is killing me.
9wu8uGM.jpg

Hoping to simply be able to print it out and make a clothing pattern from it with too much fekking around...
Help? Someone? Pretty please?

there sure is ill be more than happy to walk you through the steps :)

Hi, I just tried to print out rundown's odst rookie helmet in pepakura and the tab numbers would not print. I tried changing the printing style and line width(the button to number each tab was definitely on). I have no idea why it hasn't printed correctly. Also the lettering on the paper giving credit did not print. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks

Hi, I just tried to print out rundown's odst rookie helmet in pepakura and the tab numbers would not print. I tried changing the printing style and line width(the button to number each tab was definitely on). I have no idea why it hasn't printed correctly. Also the lettering on the paper giving credit did not print. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks

Make sure you have "show edge ID" turned on. |View -> Show Edge ID|. That will make the tab numbers appear. As for the text box not showing I'm not too sure about that.

When inputting the height of my helmet while scaling it, should I add 40mm to compensate for the padding I will add on the inside of the helmet?

hi !!!!! im new and i want to do the halo armor of master chief. i dowload the pepakura designer3 but i donot know where to find the file.

Hey guys! I'm new here, and new to pepakura in general, and have a quick question. When i open the file to a Recon helmet, some of the polygons are well outside of the paper area. It almost looks like the people who unfolded it meant for the pieces to be "out of bounds." Should I move the pieces back into the paper area? And if so, is there a quick way to rearrange them, because most of the pieces are very thin, and i have to zoom in a lot to even pick them up. Thank you!
-Jake

Hey guys! I'm new here, and new to pepakura in general, and have a quick question. When i open the file to a Recon helmet, some of the polygons are well outside of the paper area. It almost looks like the people who unfolded it meant for the pieces to be "out of bounds." Should I move the pieces back into the paper area? And if so, is there a quick way to rearrange them, because most of the pieces are very thin, and i have to zoom in a lot to even pick them up. Thank you!
-Jake

If they're out of the page boundaries, it probably means they were left out due to being too complex to assemble well. Your best bet is to leave them out.

Sounds like they didn't unfold the file right. You could always use the join/ disjoin tool to make the smaller pieces connect to the bigger pieces. If u right click on the mouse, it will pull this tool up, along with others. In order to print, you will need to move the pieces to fit inside the pages, other wise those parts will get cut off on your printed paper. Don't sweat it, its not as bad as u think it is. If u don't mind, let me know where u found the file for the recon helmet, or post the URL so I can take a look at the file. Hope this helps.

Sounds like they didn't unfold the file right. You could always use the join/ disjoin tool to make the smaller pieces connect to the bigger pieces. If u right click on the mouse, it will pull this tool up, along with others. In order to print, you will need to move the pieces to fit inside the pages, other wise those parts will get cut off on your printed paper. Don't sweat it, its not as bad as u think it is. If u don't mind, let me know where u found the file for the recon helmet, or post the URL so I can take a look at the file. Hope this helps.

Thank you guys, here is the URL: http://www.4shared.com/file/lBx8IhDj/recon_helmet_by_monkeyfuj_unfo.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back