Question on the best way to share a video with the 405th is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneRiot

I have a video that i want to share with everyone but it's 6g so Dropbox, 4shared, youtube are all right out. I could make a torrent of it if folks wanted but just figured i'd ask.

For reference the Video is a metal painting tutorial from stan winston, it's done by the guy that did all of the painting and casting for the terminator films and worked with WETA on the ODST live action stuff. He even has Reach helmets that he demonstrates on/with in the video.

For the greater good and all that.
tumblr_mhws4zEzLk1qb0j3co1_500.jpg

UPDATE: http://www.4shared.com/video/B17Bx4lu/Stan_Winston_Metalic_Painting.html

There's the download link for the Video! It's a Stan Winston School video, designed to teach special fx and makeup artists so expect alot of really great information as well as the tips to do it as a normal human being without a movie budget. I'm more than happy to share what i have with the community as you're all so great.

If this video is up somewhere then just a link is easier(my best guess). Or you could edit it and split it up then post. If there are any other ideas someone will chime in.

super video converter or other stuff like that. you can use virtual Dub as well... its a compressing tool which use the x264 codec and others.
or just use the windows movie maker. its free i guess..
iam interessted in the video too, but i use sony vegas 9 to compress and compile my videos

you can share the video with rapidshare, freakshare and other file hosters too.

There's a program called handbrake that you can use to convert files to much smaller sizes (among other things) -- I use it to convert vids from AVI or MPEG to iPad format. You can use to to shrink your video size as well as format it for web upload.

And it's free.

A few hours of Fiberglassing and Snowblowing later.....

Thanks for the tips everyone! I have handbrake that i use to convert videos but i didn't know that i could specify the output size, converting to 2g for 4shared as i type.

Sorry for the double post but updated the original post with the download link. I hope everyone enjoys the video, i got a good bit of knowledge from it and the Stan Winston videos are, if nothing else, a pleasure to watch. I don't know how ( or if i can) edit thread titles or i would have changed it to describe the video content. Or to delete a thread to just replace it with the video, if mods feel like doing so i'd be grateful and honored that it's deemed useful.

best tutorial ever :D iwas wondering why he apply the latex and the blue, but this turned out really great :D i will use this to paint my h4 armor ;)

Thank you for the upload, very good tutorial!

For anyone listening through VLC and noticing a audio-synch issue, press j/k until you get to -150ms audio delay and it brings it back pretty well in synch.

Awesome find on the video. Well worth waiting on the download to watch. I'll definitely be using some of the techniques in my build when I get to paint.

There's a program called handbrake that you can use to convert files to much smaller sizes (among other things) -- I use it to convert vids from AVI or MPEG to iPad format. You can use to to shrink your video size as well as format it for web upload.

And it's free.

You can also try AppGeeker. It has program to convert videos to multiple file formats, and allow you to customize the file size/quality.

Keep in mind everytime you convert/render/compress you lose some data.

Generally, the better the video quality, ther large file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back