Halo 4 RECON build (Full armor build pt1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, a build that I am actually making for myself.
So I am here after being extremely frustrated at Black Ops 2 (which is getting a little boring now)... ready to make something.

Here goes, Recon.

First, credit for the pep goes to Monkeyfuj for modeling the helmet.

After drooling over and studying the Recon helmet from Halo 4, I came to a conclusion of it being the prettiest, and the most functional. What I mean by functional, is the possibility of it existing in the moments of today. Look at the visor, for example. Wide view, and not too small like Hazop, but tasteful unlike Orbital for example. I know, you might need a huge visor in space...
Also, notice the air vents on the side of the helmet, as well as what appears to be additional filtration modules on the front of the helmet and the back...

So, if all goes well, maybe this suit might become my Airsoft loadout. Just maybe...

Anyways...

Update... but not a huge one.

Worked in the shop for 4 hours today getting details down and making them "absolutely fabulous"...

And my god is the file a useful tool!

DSC04676_zpsa1f5f0fe.jpg

DSC04680_zpsd1172e95.jpg

Made some grooves!
DSC04679_zps51edb846.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update!!!!

I'm back here to wipe the dust off of this thread, because I have a worthwhile update and pictures.

I don't have much to say though, just a lot of sanding and experimenting. Luckily nothing bad has happened to it anyway. Some holes here and there but it's nothing body filler can't patch up.

DSC04655_zps5ec70bd4.jpg

DSC04648_zps6cb86266.jpg

DSC04649_zpse375c8f9.jpg

DSC04650_zps33a80481.jpg

DSC04652_zpsf2e5ddfc.jpg

DSC04653_zps11cc7719.jpg

BTW this is what I've been working on when i say "experimenting".

So what I did in an attempt to recycle paper and hug some trees is melt paper and make some paper powder to increase material volume and use less Rondo.

You can see it sort of worked, I mean it filled up cavities but the powder binded with the Rondo and made clumps. Not the best thing to happen.. so I added water into the solution later on and it turned to paste. Also, I'm happy to report it hardened just fine and is pretty hard to bend/move around. I'll be honest it isn't as good as regular Rondo so I will coat a thin layer of it over my solution to give it that extra external rigidity.

DSC04656_zpscb5f65ff.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update? Well... I haven't done much but I did a little bit more sanding.

WWAAAAY better lighting. I'm glad I took that Photography class :)

DSC04660_zpsbf88a00b.jpg

DSC04661_zps43e42eb2.jpg

DSC04662_zpsbc38c055.jpg

DSC04663_zps0c388297.jpg

You can see on that last picture a section of the bottom got busted out. Yikes.

Hey SCOTSMiN, your Recon helmet came out heaps good. just finished mine, now gonna watch the pro's take their go :p
+1 sub

CrazyDav0 :D

I hope so, so then he could make Spartan Madson from Fireteam Majestic!

Nice pepping! Are you doing the whole H4 Infinity Recon set?

Oooh. Haven't thought about that. If I can get the chest pep I will do that.

If nobody works on it until, for example, next year, I will stick with Warrior for now.

Most importantly however, I have no idea who Madson is. Fill me in please?

Thanks for all the support guize. I just dabbed resin all over it for now.

I just noticed... Dav0, is that...

Oooh. Haven't thought about that. If I can get the chest pep I will do that.

If nobody works on it until, for example, next year, I will stick with Warrior for now.

Most importantly however, I have no idea who Madson is. Fill me in please?

Thanks for all the support guize. I just dabbed resin all over it for now.

I just noticed... Dav0, is that...
Madson is the one with all the recon armor that holds a sniper

Recon will always have a place in my heart, even though its practically handed to you these days.

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN would you by any chance know where I could get a halo 4 recon pepakura file like the one on your build. If you do know one please send in a reply.
Sincerely, Charles

- - - Updated - - -

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN would you by any chance know where I could get a halo 4 recon pepakura file like the one on your build. If you do know one please send in a reply.
Sincerely, Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back