First Build Warrior helmet/reach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerE419

hey guys so i just finished my Warrior helmet. the pep work is decent, nothing to great.
but u did run into some problems. main one being its too small. i guess i didnt use the correct scale before printing it out but ill post pictures of it anyways. It does fit, but its very snug and the top of the visor piece will hit right on my eyebrow ridge area. so its kind od annoying.

If anyone knows of a way to maybe make it a bit bigger without having to re Pep it (which is probably the way ill have to go) your help would be much appreciated!

And without further ado..... i present the Halo 4 Warrior helmet.

45868_10200233689638707_1208743645_n.jpg

64543_10200234649542704_814368989_n.jpg

527898_10200234649862712_381324810_n.jpg

Again any help would be appreciative and if anyone has advice on how to make the process faster that would be great.

but until next time, farewell!

Very solid pepping, great job man!

..but u did run into some problems. main one being its too small. i guess i didnt use the correct scale before printing it out but ill post pictures of it anyways. It does fit, but its very snug and the top of the visor piece will hit right on my eyebrow ridge area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty cool! heres an idea to fix your visor problem:
put a little bit of foam in the top if you put resin and fiberglass on the inside (that way it will be slightly higher on your head and shouldn't hit the ridge of your eyebrow.

Good luck!
-Rune

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback!
Ive scaled the helmet bigger this time, even compared a piece i didnt use before to the new one and its a lot bigger. i have em all printed out and ready to cut out! now the fun begins...
put a little bit of foam in the top if you put resin and fiberglass on the inside (that way it will be slightly higher on your head and shouldn't hit the ridge of your eyebrow.
unfortunately, its way to much of a lost cause. my eye lashed hit the visor part when i blink. its just gonna need to be re done. No biggy tho cause in the end ill have a kick ass warrior helmet!
and ive learned a bit from the first attempt which should make this one more successful.

Thanks and farewell!

You should check this link out. The Halo 4 helmets aren't like the reach ones. When scaled properly you need to take the back off to fit it on and stony props can show you how to do it. Stoney props

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the tutorial! it was interesting. But even so, i wasnt able to but on the bottom piece anyways xD

But as far as progress goes im hoping on making a bunch tonight, atlest getting everything cut out. so hopefully some progress soon on the re pep.

thanks again for the feed back!

Looks pretty darn good so far, don't really have any words of advice ATM, I'm still extremely noob at most of this, I'm currently working my way through my ODST Pep but have had to re-do this same piece 3 times.. Other than that most of it's coming together pretty smooth.
Can't wait to see it finished,

8462519653_7aec18b205_n.jpg

pep work looks nice! im new to this as well, and ive slowely learned that if your going to make a great suit, you cannot take any shortcuts, ive had to repep a few helmets due to scaling issues haha! just take it as good practice and keep going! looking forward to seeing more from ya!

I'm currently working my way through my ODST Pep but have had to re-do this same piece 3 times..
8462519653_7aec18b205_n.jpg
It looks like you might have it going the wrong way, in the right hand pic, the highest point is on the left and on yours its the right. Just a thought. almost you might want to consider leaving it flat for now and adding in the detailed holes till later with either Bondo or like 5mm(or less) foam. But it does seem like a tricky piece, especially without edge ID's.

and ive slowely learned that if your going to make a great suit, you cannot take any shortcuts
unfortunately you are 100% correct hahah. i tried making the process a bit faster by way of not scoring the lines and starting to glue everything before i had the next piece folded ( and in some cases even cut out). im a very impatient person, which is partly the reason i took up this task. its helping quite a bit specially now that i realize this will take a VERY long time. Im hoping on having it kinda done for Halloween this year.

But thanks for the encouragement guys!

So i guess people have issues with double posts here? i dont see the big issue but i may be over looking something. HOWEVER
i do have some progress pictures. I took some time to glue together the reach chest i had cut out and laying around for a few weeks now
549224_10200258850787720_1506700864_n.jpg

Gluing is probably my favorite part of this process. Cutting and scoring/folding is kinda boring and tideous
560158_10200259804211555_979623925_n.jpg

And the progress i made last night to the chest piece

Thanks thorn!
So a little update... i was able to complete the chest Pep yesterday and i think it looks awesome! at first i was kind of skeptical that so few pieces would be able to make it but it did.
So now what you guys really came here for..... PICTURES!
And yes i realize i look like an 8 year old monkey.....
860446_10200265926564610_710333929_o.jpg

480399_10200265927844642_1312290305_n.jpg

I had an idea to get around some nasty folds that just dont work right due to the paper being so thick. Its hard to fold a tab thats less than a mm over soo what do i do? CUT IT OFF!!
487317_10200265924244552_1823299656_n.jpg

487195_10200265925924594_155877826_n.jpg

on the right hand side of that piece where i cut it off i just popped some hot glue on there. worked out great!

anyways i appreciate the feedback guys. Oh and just as a disclaimer, im not an 8 year old monkey... im a 19 year old human xD
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back