S323's Spartan IV WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good so fare can't wait to see when it's finished.

Thanks man, your Reach build is looking pretty sweet too.

Love the work you've put into the tiny details. What kind of spray paint did you use on the undersuit? Is it fabric friendly? Keep up the great work.

Thanks as well. The spray paint is just your basic flat gray primer that can be found at Walmart or Menards basically anyplace that carries paint. Here's a picture of what the can looks like.

DSCN3071_zpsa6211e45.jpg

So far the paint seems to be fabric friendly :D. The material I'm using right now is a polyester acrylic blend and I haven't had any discoloration or other adverse effects; however as with any paint I would suggest testing it on a small piece before you use it on anything big.

Ok, quick update but sadly no pictures. Last week I was able to get most of the foam pieces for the back cut out, as well as trace most of the back patterns onto the fabric. However, I still have to sew each of the individual pieces of the back and then stitch the chest and back together. Sadly I won't be able to make any progress this weekend as my family is having the memorial service for my grandfather who passed away two weeks ago, and I'll be spending the time with family. So yeah, keep us in your prayers (if you share the faith, if not kind thoughts are just as welcome), hopefully next time I'll have better news, and some cool updates for everybody.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks man, they're really appreciated. So my worst nightmare has come true. It would seem that the padding for the undersuit is too thick to fit under presser foot of the sewing machine at Kevin's shop, so it looks like it's back to the good old fashioned ways of hand sewing for now.

DSCN3081_zps36613b2c.jpg

Let the insanity begin. hehehe

Great job so far! Also, did you have a file for your chest? If so could I have it? I REALLY need it. Been looking everywhere.

Achievement Unlocked: I'm a Bro and I Can Sew. So yeah, here's the progress I've made in the past two days, I'm actually extremely pleased with how it's coming so far.

DSCN3090_zps3276282a.jpg

DSCN3088_zps14e46e6e.jpg

DSCN3087_zps59c64a63.jpg

So, yeah for my first time hand sewing I didn't think it was too bad of a start. Anyways feel free to tell me what ya'll think. Till next time.

My goodness!!! It's been so long since i last checked back here and you've made such great progress, keep it up!

(Blows dust off of thread) Yeah it's been a while since I've actually had an update for this thread. Track season sort of kicked me in the gut and stole all my free time. But fortunately as of this week I'm a free man again. Hopefully I'll have some more done on the undersuit, stumbled across a few problem areas that were really hard to sew.

Yay for summer! lol It drove me crazy over the winter not being able to resin anything. I only have a shed that doesn't have heating lol It's great to see updates from everyone now. I LOVE the mesh painting idea. Very resourceful. Cant's wait to see more! Great job :)

New Update. Got some more work done on the dome piece. Sanded some more, and most notably cut out the visor.

DSCN3613_zpsc97cdf68.jpg

DSCN3612_zps08433e26.jpg

DSCN3615_zps55db8a13.jpg

DSCN3614_zps9b156c88.jpg

I kept what's left of the visor in hopes of making a buck to vacuum form the visor. However I only have limited experience with vacuum forming from a high school engineering course, any advice on that front is more than welcome. Also here is a pic of how the helmet looks wearing it.

DSCN3617_zpsdda4d654.jpg

Till next time guys and gals, see ya.

helmet looks like it fits well. although doesnt seem like there is much room inside for padding and whatnot.

helmet looks like it fits well. although doesnt seem like there is much room inside for padding and whatnot.

Thanks. Yeah, it was my first attempt at a pep helmet so it's a little snug and since there isn't any padding in it yet, the helmet kind of slouched close up to my face. However if I use some of the padding I'm using for the undersuit, I think it's just flexible and thin enough to make it work.

Looks great dude! if you i think your idea for the pads might work. are you making any attachments?

Looks great dude! if you i think your idea for the pads might work. are you making any attachments?

Thanks. Please define attachments. Do you mean like accessories, weapons, weapon holders, or like the attachments on reach armor? If you meant the first option then, yeah I've been working on an MA5D, and the assassination knife, which are somewhere back in the dark recesses of this thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back