S323's Spartan IV WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

S323

Jr Member
S323's Spartan IV WIP (Pic Heavy)

Good morning, afternoon and evening to everybody out there. It seems that it's finally time to post my first build on here after much lurking and waiting for the forum to be restored to its old self. Anyways, that waiting time was not wasted just standing around, so prepare yourselves for a crap ton of photos. I am planning on building my multiplayer Spartan IV using pep for the helmet and foam for the rest, which in the end will hopefully look something like this:

halo4_4_Regicide2_zpsc4bac073.jpg

The armor parts list is as follows:
Recruit: Helmet, Chest and Forearms (helmet by: JTMHyper, chest by: fat hi555, forearms by: monkeyfuj)
EOD Shoulders (by: fat hi555)
and XG-89 legs (by: monkeyfuj)

So without further ado here's my work so far:

First starting on pepping the helmet
DSCN0585_zpsd928473f.jpg

Then the completely pepped helm and me wearing it
DSCN0870_zps66975eaf.jpg
DSCN0873_zpsffc87629.jpg
DSC09037_zpsee1976c4.jpg

Next I started on the chest Piece
DSCN0885_zps08b58196.jpg

Here's a test fit from a couple weeks ago, it looks kind of big but hopefully some extra padding and my undersuit will give me a little more bulk to fill it out
DSCN0995_zpsc7f705ad.jpg

Just yesterday I finished the chest and have begun adding details with thinner foam
DSCN1409_zpse2cf43f0.jpg
DSCN1410_zpsda2f089d.jpg

As if there weren't enough pictures I started making an MA5D using foam layering, here it is so far
DSCN1204_zps726acc6e.jpg
Also made the mag removable and put in a working flash light:
DSCN1209_zps03a2fad4.jpg
DSCN1208_zpsba7a89cb.jpg

And finally yesterday i also finished rondoing out the helmet, sorry lighting wasn't so good on these pics
DSCN1412_zpsdea28e94.jpg
DSCN1416_zpsedcee95b.jpg

i'm probably going to begin work on the undersuit next, probably should have started with it actually but oh well. oh yeah while i'm on that subject does anyone know where to get an under armour style shirt for cheap that has a neck seal like the undersuit in the game kinda like this:
H4UndersuitRef2circle_zps5bbff6bf.jpg

Well i think i'm finally done, see ya next time folks. S323 out.

Sorry about the double post, but i just figured i'd give a little update, i finished cutting out the pattern for my undersuit. if anyone wonders, the pattern is from spartanx360's undersuit thread from before the site downgrade. anyways here are the pictures.

DSCN1541_zps7528b2c0.jpg
DSCN1540_zpsd3819d86.jpg
DSCN1543_zps94f4c6bf.jpg
That's all for now.

Great work on the helm and chest, Your pep looks very clean. I am interested to see how you tackle the undersuit, lots of details please.

vandoore

Ok first off thanks to everybody for the positive responses they're very much appreciated; secondly sorry for dropping the ball on keeping the thread updated, but two weeks of camp and vacation respectively and then the 4-H Fair all added up to me not getting much done lately. However enough of the sad news, I'm back and I got updates, so hope ya'll enjoy.

DSCN2258_zpsd220ae69.jpg

DSCN2259_zpse4fc0609.jpg

DSCN2261_zpsb2587363.jpg

DSCN2262_zps89267018.jpg

I began adding more layers of detail to the chest piece as well as redid the ab plates in thinner foam. Then i moved on to pepping out my spartan knife

DSCN2266_zps9c7082d5.jpg

At this stage I learned a valuable lesson in double checking the scale of a pep piece before you print it, the lower of the two knives is about as long and wide as my forearm :D
the rest of my time has been filled up with acquiring and waiting for the materials for the undersuit, I mean who knew it's kind of hard to find long sleeve compression gear in the middle of summer right:D?
But joking aside i was able to get the padding, covering for it, gloves, pants and shirt, as well as make a makeshift neck seal by cutting the sleeve off of a short sleeve compression shirt so I don't have to wear a full balaclava.

DSCN2267_zps2ab19d74.jpg

DSCN2268_zps8f551d2d.jpg

DSCN2269_zpse7044b2b.jpg

DSCN2270_zps07aabd64.jpg

DSCN2271_zps007aefe0.jpg

Anyways that's all for now thanks for taking the time to read through, and stay classy 405th.

Great job so far. How Do you plan to handle the knife though. Are you going to pour Rondo into it?

Yeah i'm plannning on using rondo you can kinda see it in the picture; i left the bottom of the handle unglued so that I can pour the rondo in.

What's up everybody, i've finally got an update worth sharing with ya, so i guess i'll start out showing the small stuff, and save the best for last ;).

These are hardly worth a pic, but i added a few more details to the backpods of the chestpiece.

DSCN2416_zps597264d9.jpg

DSCN2417_zpsddd31774.jpg

Next I rondoed out the knife, and then gave it and the helmet a quick primer coat to show the imperfections. After a couple hours of sanding and bondo work here's how they looked.

DSCN2406_zpsac9af424.jpg

DSCN2411_zps37b8f777.jpg

DSCN2407_zpsb80f752a.jpg

DSCN2408_zps2d60e274.jpg

And last but certainly not least, an undersuit has begun to take shape (pause for effect:D)...

DSCN2410_zpsbb8215da.jpg

And there ya go that's all i've got for now, thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, and thanks a million for the positive comments they're great motivation when I get off task. Hope to show ya some more soon. Peace.

Alright guys i'm back again, in between the last post and this I was able to get in touch with our family friend who just happens to be a master tailor and get him on board with helping guide me along as i make the undersuit, it was also after consulting with him that I realized it probably wasn't a good idea to use actual housing insulation for the padding of the undersuit (oops:D). unfortunately that's means these pieces i've already cut out will only be serving as mock ups, until the lighter foam we ordered arrives.

DSCN2425_zpse026c32d.jpg

DSCN2410_zpsbb8215da.jpg

In the mean time i've kept adding small details to the back and backpods of the chestpiece.

DSCN2428_zps6dd0d188.jpg

DSCN2427_zps95a30a84.jpg

DSCN2429_zpsce12da46.jpg

For those wondering why i haven't moved on to making other pieces it's because I want to be able to scale the remaining pieces with the added bulk of the undersuit, i kind of rushed into starting the chest piece and for a while I wasn't sure if it was going to fit (looked a little too big at first), and I didn't feel like repeating that. Anyways I'm done rambling, I should be meeting with Kevin sometime this week to learn some sewing basics and hopefully will have an update for ya'll by the end of the week. Peace everybody.

The undersuit pieces layed out like that promises a pretty cool undersuit. Tackling it that way makes things seem so much more do-able to me; I may need to follow your footsteps there someday, if that's cool.

I am anxious to see progress in here. :)

Edit: I meant to add that the neck seal idea was a great one. It looks just right!

@sarlume thanks for the reply. your build is also looking pretty good (i always envy people that can scratch build stuff :D)

For everybody else I forgot to mention that Kevin and I came up with a new way of going about the undersuit that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet. In an effort to allow for as much mobility as possible we are going to be making the upper body in two pieces. Rather than sewing everything directly to the underarmour, we decided to just sew the arm pieces on and then make the back and chest into a single piece that comes down over the neck, kind of like a shawl and then attach to the underarmour with velcro. Our hope is that this will help with one: the mobility of being able to raise and move your arms and secondly make it easier to get in and out of the suit. I don't have any illustrations right now but i'll try and make some, in the mean time tell me what you think good or bad, or just throw out some more suggestions if you feel like it. I think that's all i got for now, so see ya guys.

No problem! ^^

I actually began thinking along the same lines with the two-tone split, but got stuck on how to tether it down. The Velcro sounds like a pretty great solution to me, but I wonder if you'd hear Velcro "noises" every time you move. Snaps are another option too (the large ones), but Velcro does seem more user-friendly. I really like the idea; I think in the end it'll move more naturally and not tug at the suit with each move. :)

I'm baaaaack! Holy crap it's been two months since I've posted anything. Unfortunately due to taking a bunch of college courses for my senior year, I've had little to no time to work on my suit. On the bright side I finished one of those classes and finally got some free time to work on my suit.

I got some of the undersuit pieces sewn and painted. What do you guys, think of the "hex" pattern?

DSCN2778_zpsfa253fa2.jpg

Here's a closer look at the pattern.

DSCN2779_zps3fb794d8.jpg

I also got a lot of work done on the assault rifle

DSCN2782_zpsf51cada9.jpg

Added some more details to the front

DSCN2783_zps0e5febd4.jpg

DSCN2784_zps78f802b7.jpg

As well as made the cheek riser and added some details to the magazine

DSCN2787_zps935bf4a6.jpg

DSCN2785_zpsa8dd11ac.jpg

Well that's all for now. I know I've said it before, but hopefully I'll be able to stay more on top of my project in the future. In the mean time tell me what you guys think of it, good or bad. Hopefully I'll get some more work done this week.

-Peace out 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back