Halo 5 Theories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dh748

Ok now I'm sure the bulk of people here saw the trailer, and noticed a few details. I'd enjoy a nice talk about it in general but alot of how we think it may go, stories, theories, etc. One of the things that I noticed (obviously) was the cloak, in addition to the cloak, anyone notice that some of his armor seems to be missing? the jets on his chest piece went halfway up his helmet, and his shoulder pieces add a very square look to his shoulders, neither of these things were seemingly present under the cloak....

Thoughts??

I've heard people saying maybe he is damaged under the cloak, like his armor. It could be true, considering he no longer has Cortana, who pointed him (you) to objectives, warned of danger, and generally helped out in other armor related ways. She was always updating his armor as well, so maybe its not being updated/fixed anymore.

As an "impression", I laughed at the trailer.

Master chief, the silent robot alien killer... with a cloak? What...?

I know it was a teaser, don't give me that... but at least for me, the fact remains that I thought the video was (I don't want to say "gay" because it's offensive to gay people so please enlighten me towards a better term). All other trailers, Forza, Driveclub, etc were put together nicely, looked cool, and said something about the game.

Of course MC is going to fight aliens, of course he's going to "save the world" again... but come on it could've been better.

That's my opinion though, and that's the end of it so... hey. Don't judge. I didn't like it.

Edit: jbluedue has a good theory going there. Yeah, the lack of Cortana could've hurt MC a lot more than I would've expected...

So here is a new idea from me, the idiot.

Maybe MC was sent on a mission, but got side tracked and ended up in a desert for a long time and ended up there. Possible? Yeah. Very.

Good point Bluedue, that is a very good point.

As an "impression", I laughed at the trailer.

Master chief, the silent robot alien killer... with a cloak? What...?

I know it was a teaser, don't give me that... but at least for me, the fact remains that I thought the video was (I don't want to say "gay" because it's offensive to gay people so please enlighten me towards a better term). All other trailers, Forza, Driveclub, etc were put together nicely, looked cool, and said something about the game.

Of course MC is going to fight aliens, of course he's going to "save the world" again... but come on it could've been better.

That's my opinion though, and that's the end of it so... hey. Don't judge. I didn't like it.

Edit: jbluedue has a good theory going there. Yeah, the lack of Cortana could've hurt MC a lot more than I would've expected...

So here is a new idea from me, the idiot.

Maybe MC was sent on a mission, but got side tracked and ended up in a desert for a long time and ended up there. Possible? Yeah. Very.

Good point Bluedue, that is a very good point.

Yeah at first the whole cloak on a natural elements- sealed armor that can withstand bullets seemed silly, but you never know. You're not an idiot, just voicing your opinion, nothing wrong with that!

I really like the idea that he went on a mission, but got side tracked and is now trapped in a desert, probably is that :p

Great points man, great points xD

I think the Chief might be searching for Cortana / Halsey.. He saw Halsey as a mother figure, and when he found out that Palmer attempted to kill Halsey he could have gotten over protective and went searching either for her, or something to help get Cortana back.. And to me the cloak is to blur his silhouette while walking through the desert.
Although, season 2 of Spartan Ops next month! :) So hopefully time will tell!

Ok, just in today, Franky confirms the cloak is to conceal his identity, but the mjolnir armor will return. Thats the only info he gave out.

Edit: here's the proof

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just in today, Franky confirms the cloak is to conceal his identity, but the mjolnir armor will return. Thats the only info he gave out.

Edit: here's the proof

Nice find! thanks for the info lol. Now we know :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My whole thing is more to the effect that he tried to find halsey, deserted the unsc in attempts to do so, or he found out they tried to kill her and attempted to find her. When trying o leave he got into some huge fight at which point his armor was damaged. He possibly had some clue that led him to escape to a forerunner world, where he found that thing. Apparently he decided to lose his damaged armor in exchange for the cloak for stealth (proven somewhat at this point)

Man...Halsey has got some surprises, I know halsey loves her spartans like children so im sure she'd welcome the sight of chief... and as smart as she is i dunno what she can do about Cortana. I read somewhere that the librarian anticipated all this and had her own cortana in preparation for chief.

but why is he still wearing that terrible armor? its all screwed up...
he should be on the infinity though

BUT to make another halo they will HAVE to add my mate thel vadam

If there is some sort of halsey connection with the chief (and I'm sure there will be, how could there not be?!) it's DEFINITELY going to be because chief hopes that halsey has the answer to restoring/finding/piecing together cortana. I feel like that's more of a likely angle than the whole mother-child relationship, although that could still definitely play. Lots of angles, 343 has a chance here to make a pretty strong personal story from what they've left off.
One downside for Halo 5 for sure though? It'll be on XBone :p

xD That one downside, such a steep downside >.< I might not even be able to play Halo 5 because I really just don't want to buy an Xbone because of it, I love my xbox 360, but the xbone is nothing I want. Not bashing the xbox one, for anybody who is willing to let their fanboyish typing access the situation and proceed to send me messages/replies about how "Nah bruh "The One" is totally amazing! IMHO You suckz!!11!"

Put being their fan aside, and actually look into the system, don't just mindlessly buy a system because of a brand, but do whatever you want to do, I can't stop you!

MassEffectSoul, that is the best theory so far. Especially with the info from Waypoint.

Interesting videos there.

My take is that MC is ooln a journey to restore Cortana to her former glory. The end cut scene of Halo 4 showed glowing blue particles on Earth. I believe them to be fragments of Cortana that MC wants to piece back together, but will require the help of metecamp bias. In going on this mission, MC has gone AWOL / MIA and from his swagger in the teaser, it looks like it's taken it out of him and is a bit battered and weary.

I am going to be honest I think Cortana is alive somewhere, in-fact there is no way that the Librarian would even think about letting Cortana die. As Librarian stated in the when addressing the Chief

"You are the culmination of a thousand generations of work, Your evolution, your combat skin, your Ancilla"
and the Didacts quote
"Is this your secret, this Evolved Ancilla?"

taking in what was said about Cortana, I believe she is still alive. also it is possible that when Cortana met with the Librarian, She received the ability to access the Domain and/or no longer needed her chip to survive; that would also explain why the Didact said Cortana was an "Evolved Ancilla"

Given the directions 4 was going, MY theories are..

Cortana will be a full weeaboo style Japanese schoolgirl wearing a plugsuit and her tooth gap will be even larger.
Chief will fall asleep for an hour and wake up with a more nano nano-suit that's even more butt-hugging-tastic.
They'll find more ways to "blow your mind" by showing you things Bungie never showed you... because mystique is overrated, just put everything out all at once in the beginning.
The covenant will become even more amphibious looking and less reptile/avian, toad brutes? skink jackals?
The guns will sound like nerf guns, and the warthog will sound like a tricycle with baseball card clackers and a chiming bell.
We'll get UAV and gunship killstreaks, also a level in an airport to make newspapers mad.

Did I mention I was unimpressed with 343's "CoD in Space" take on the Halo franchise? I waited until a price drop to get Halo 4 and still was a LITTLE disappointed with it. The Spartan Ops were fun, but the storyline had been reduced to Villain-of-the-Week cut with long shots of Cortana gape mouthed and crying. I realize the latter is becoming a fanboy favorite, but I much preferred the understated Cortana in the original Halo games.

I'd like to see a game that focus more on adding new elements to the Halo storyline instead of rehashing old stuff. It may be prudent to move on to a new protagonist in Halo 7 (since I assume this will be a trilogy), no offense to the chief, but I don't want to see him reduced to old man in tights like they're doing with Snake, who I could almost hear saying "I'm getting too old for this s#!&".

Reach and ODST were easily my favorite Halo games, nothing wrong with the others, but they took such a great take on the Halo franchise, and added a lot of new and exciting viewpoints into the story, as well as a return to a lower tier on the "Super invincible super soldier" totem pole.

Hopefully by the time 5 comes out, 343 (which is still really in its infancy, so I can't be TOO hard on them) may have matured enough to give us a more solid game. Heck, the coolest thing they could do would be to just dump the Didact garbage they built in 4 and embrace the Forward Unto Dawn stuff they built up, which seems to have some great appeal. And really I would pre-order the game in an instant if they got rid of the butt-hugging nano suits, they sort of pale in comparison to the really well done Reach suits. It took me a few weeks to warm up to Reach's armor and start loving it, but I've been playing 4 since January and still haven't gotten into the armor.

Enough ranting...

Given the directions 4 was going, MY theories are..

Heck, the coolest thing they could do would be to just dump the Didact garbage they built in 4 and embrace the Forward Unto Dawn stuff they built up, which seems to have some great appeal. And really I would pre-order the game in an instant if they got rid of the butt-hugging nano suits, they sort of pale in comparison to the really well done Reach suits. It took me a few weeks to warm up to Reach's armor and start loving it, but I've been playing 4 since January and still haven't gotten into the armor.

Enough ranting...

Some really excellent points. Perhaps this time around 343 will respect continuity and canon better. We've put up with a lot over the series from unexplained armor upgrades to dragging the Pillar of Autumn down to the surface of Reach, none of which made the story better since Reach fought in space anyway.

I agree that the Didact story currently pales next to the intrigue with ONI. I think once MC figures out that Halsey is alive and what ONI did, that's all she wrote on UNSC loyalty. Pair that with a chance to restore Cortana and his mission is defined. Naturally, the Didact is still pissed. So, like the Flood, the Didact will play second enemy to MC as he tries to complete the librarian's evolutionary enhancement of himself and Cortana. To compete with other franchises will need a darker story line which the ONI angle will provide. Cortana will rise to whine again! To be fair, she was less of a hindrance to game play than in H3, still my favorite of the series.

Redshirt

Hi all,

I've been thinking about the story for Halo 5 for a while now.
I thought about what made the story actually work and it hit me... Cortana. In fact, the entire Halo 3 storyline was based around her. SO, that got me thinking "what really happened to Cortana when the Librarian took her?" Well, I reckon the Librarian and Cortana created a copied of the latter and passed the copy onto the Chief. Cortana has demonstrated this cloning ability before, notably in First Strike. SO what I think will happen is that the Chief has to track down the Librarian, rescue Cortana and then rush all the way back to Halsey to let the good old doctor to patch her up. After all, Cortana was really portrayed as John's personality. She needs to be brought back. There really wouldn't be a story without her. In any case, I'd write a fanfic scene just to see what would happen if Osman tries to stop John from meeting Halsey...
Anyway, they're just some thought. I'd like to know what you guys thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back