Halo 3 Recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukizash

Hello everyone,
I was planning to make Recon for my school project so I started making recon helmet by Pepuraka 2 months ago and my first attempted is a massive fail! So i started all over. It's looking so good now phew, I already paint Resin and Harden on my helmet then I used plasti dip And it's turned out looking pretty good and much harder now. Here are my pictures, what do you think about it? :D

486671_4187337540566_891439218_n.jpg

7277_4379917554946_1628860373_n.jpg

988505_4379917474944_1874044943_n.jpg

225817_4379917634948_2023530511_n.jpg

Looks good so far man! I know how it feels to mess up and ruin a project, glad you kept up with it and have done what you have! great job, keep us posted!

Looks good so far man! I know how it feels to mess up and ruin a project, glad you kept up with it and have done what you have! great job, keep us posted!

Thanks! Yeah well i knew that I'm going to mess up and ruin it on my first try but it's good because you learn the mistakes and you know what to do when you do 2nd time. Thanks and I will :D

Finished sanding and yes i know it's looks like the drool is still there but that's from the Resin paint (I did bad job at it)
181215_4380096999432_1411482588_n.jpg

But there's one thing I'm stuck with it is what paint should i use? I was planning to buy spraypaint but seeing all paint works here looks really awesome. Suggestions guys? Thanks. P.S. any colors will be fine but Blue is on my mind just like in the picture.

Bungie_Recon_by_CMTDoom.png

Finished sanding and yes i know it's looks like the drool is still there but that's from the Resin paint (I did bad job at it)
I was planning to buy spraypaint but seeing all paint works here looks really awesome. Suggestions guys?

Hmm. The only thing I might suggest before you worry about the paint, make sure you are certain those resin lines are something you can live with 5,6,10 months down the road. Better to spend a couple more days refining / sanding the shell than to look at it later and be like "demit man I rushed that" and ultimately create a new helmet. If you are satisfied though - then good on ya, spraypaint is a great solution. It comes in a wide range of prices and colors. Apply your coats lightly and give them time to set between coats.. Hope that helps a bit, and don't hesitate to ask read up on other builds / ask questions! Keep it up x)

Hmm. The only thing I might suggest before you worry about the paint, make sure you are certain those resin lines are something you can live with 5,6,10 months down the road. Better to spend a couple more days refining / sanding the shell than to look at it later and be like "demit man I rushed that" and ultimately create a new helmet. If you are satisfied though - then good on ya, spraypaint is a great solution. It comes in a wide range of prices and colors. Apply your coats lightly and give them time to set between coats.. Hope that helps a bit, and don't hesitate to ask read up on other builds / ask questions! Keep it up x)

Ah yes very true, look like i better to put bondo on and sand paper more. Cheers

Looks great so far!

Thanks mate!

I have a problem, I look nearly everywhere to find Recon backpack pepakura file and it's seems to be I can't find anywhere :confused I got the front Recon chest. Know where I can find the backpack?
Thanks

I have a problem, I look nearly everywhere to find Recon backpack pepakura file and it's seems to be I can't find anywhere :confused I got the front Recon chest. Know where I can find the backpack?
Thanks
Recon backback? First I've heard of such a thing... unless you mean Dare's backpack from ODST - but I don't think you do.

To put it simply, there is no "recon backback" - the H3 Mk.VI torso is universal to all the attachments. You should just be able to mount it (Recon) on the front with whatever method you prefer, if you match the scale correctly.

Hope that explains it.
MS7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back