Looking for someone to help convert ripped Mass Effect game files for Pepakura use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeanator

Hello every one I've been looking around and finally got my hands on a bunch of Mass Effect 3D models that were ripped from the game.
Looking for someone who has experience with 3D modeling and can help convert the files to be used with Pepakura (Slice up the 3D model).

The first Armour I want to attempt is the Alliance Soldier Armour from Mass Effect 3
AllianceSoldierME3_zpsd68d227a.jpg

If anyone is interested here is the download link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/697dPSZt/Alliance_Soldier_ME3.html

The file is in each of the following formats .3ds .obj and .c4d as well as the textures.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated thanks.

If you get this done, i will be all over this!
Just wish i could learn that sort of thing. But beyond me though. However, making this is defo on the boards after my Halo 4 armour is made..

I will give this a go, if only to procrastinate for a while. Are you wanting the file split up (shins, forearms, body, etc) or as a whole file?

Progress so far, The pieces without black dots can be exported on their own as dropped straight into pepakura.
rsww00.jpg

Problem I've encountered is that a majority of the detail is actually in the textures. That's just something you'll have to work with when creating the piece. Shins and boots as well as body piece are a real nightmare, I had the same trouble when editing the quarian male for peping.

Is there any chance you could re-attach the textures. I've seen pep files that have the textures on them, so when you print them you can add the missing details as you go.
Untitled_zps601a26a2.png

Thanks for the help so far.

Is there any chance you could re-attach the textures. I've seen pep files that have the textures on them, so when you print them you can add the missing details as you go.
I'll see what I can do, That is something I don't yet know how to do so I'll have to learn as I go.

Good news, the texture imports itself when i drag it into pepakura.
264hsnc.jpg

Also means I can use pep as a template for what needs to be cut out.

Yes and no,
I managed to individualize nearly all the parts I believe to be armour, however I then went on an editing spree and accidentally saved over the work so I have to start again.
Should be easier this time as i now know a few cheats for making the process easier.
That being said I don't have much time to work on this as I am in the middle of an exam period, I have 6 so yeah. If you're tired of waiting I'd suggest downloading blender, or some other free 3d modelling program, and giving it a go yourself. AS well as learning new skills you could make necessary adjustments as you see fit.

I'll note once again that a majority of the detail for that game file is in the textures, the model itself is rather bland and would need quite a bit of detailing.

TLDR: Not yet, I'm busy with life, the end result may not be as you expect.

Vandoore

m9ros2.jpg

Okay This is what I've done, cut the pieces that I thought would be relevant in a pep build, removed excess vertices so you don't have random/impossible pieces when using pepakura I'll put up the obj file and pdo file for you. I haven't unfolded anything yet.

Just note, my experience with blender is rather limited so that are sections that I would classify as "fabric" that have been included.
example
2doo61.jpg

Hope you like, I'll look at doing two things if it helps. The first, split up the individual pieces or group like pieces together so you're not printing out a newspapers worth of cardstock. The second, look at recreating the armour pieces from scratch, that way more definition can be added and you're not relying on bondo or textures to get the desired look.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/iM7_0Kbb/Alliance_Soldier_Unknow_ripCon.html

m9ros2.jpg

Okay This is what I've done, cut the pieces that I thought would be relevant in a pep build, removed excess vertices so you don't have random/impossible pieces when using pepakura I'll put up the obj file and pdo file for you. I haven't unfolded anything yet.

Just note, my experience with blender is rather limited so that are sections that I would classify as "fabric" that have been included.
example
2doo61.jpg

Hope you like, I'll look at doing two things if it helps. The first, split up the individual pieces or group like pieces together so you're not printing out a newspapers worth of cardstock. The second, look at recreating the armour pieces from scratch, that way more definition can be added and you're not relying on bondo or textures to get the desired look.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/iM7_0Kbb/Alliance_Soldier_Unknow_ripCon.html

Thanks so much, I'll start an unfold asap. Or hand ball it to someone more capable. Thanks again! I'd most likely do a foam build.

Hi there chaps. I have all of the Mass efect 1, 2 & 3 3D meshes available and ready for PDO converting. This includes weapons, scenery, armor, accessories, and various other bits and pieces... ( Not just limited to Shepard )
As well as having converted quite a few armor pieces and weapons.

I tend not to use the textures when I'm making a pep unfold due to the enormous amount of ink it uses.
However, if there are any models you want, or any help you need, gimme a shout.
Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back