Katsu's Pepakura and 3d Modelling (Update 10/11/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsu

Hello! I am going to gather up some of the various peps I've made and post them here as a portfolio of the stuff I've done.

Not all of it will be original models, as I do also intend to heavily modify some existing files to be more user friendly. Correct credit will be given where applicable. When I make the models, I will usually also try and include the STL or OBJ files in the hope that others can take them, print them or modify them to improve them. If you DO improve the models, please send them back to me so I can help keep everything up to date.

I don't think I'll be taking requests, between work and school I will only have time to do things sporadically, but if you want something made low-def for testing, or smaller, simpler items created from scratch, I'll do my best to help the community out. If I can't make it, or don't want to, don't take offense, it will usually be for time reasons.

Remember, as a general rule of thumb, halo pepakura files can be found on the official 405th Pepakura Database

My version of the MediKit thigh attachment from Halo Reach. It has some small detail parts that don't print out well, but it assembles nicely and has better detail than the official extracted model. If anyone wants to tidy up the model to make it a bit more builder friendly, please do!
halo_reach_medikit.jpg

>Link<

Here are the chestplate tabs for the UA Multithreat set from Halo Reach. They are not large parts of the set, but you can see it if you are looking for them, and it is nice to get some of the fine details out of the suit. This needs cleaning up too.
halo_reach_multithreattabs.jpg

>Link<

This is jtm1997's mkV helmet. I took the model and reduced the poly count and unfolded it to make it low def, to serve as a size tester for the HD version.
mk5blowdef01.jpg

halo_reach_mk5b_ld.jpg

Link to my LD
jtm1997's HD version
The thread I got it from

Z.W.E.I.'s Kreuzgriff from SCV
kreuzgriff01.jpg

3d Model Link

And... why hasn't anyone posted? o_O Keep up the learning, I know a low def Mk V b isnt earth shattering, but, hey, you're on the path at least! Keep it up

0seth0

I'm not doing any earth shattering work (Like Crimmson's amazing work!), I figure the lack of response is about right and that's fine with me. I just wanted to hub all of my work. It made a bit more sense before the Reach Assets came out.

Finished a medium def Kreuzgriff for Zaff though. I'll keep chugging on trying to fulfill the easier 3d modeling requests so at least some stuff gets made!

kreuzgriff01.jpg

3d file: http://wake.drmcawesome.com/405th/other/kreuzgriff.stl

I'm not doing any earth shattering work (Like Crimmson's amazing work!), I figure the lack of response is about right and that's fine with me. I just wanted to hub all of my work. It made a bit more sense before the Reach Assets came out.

Finished a medium def Kreuzgriff for Zaff though. I'll keep chugging on trying to fulfill the easier 3d modeling requests so at least some stuff gets made!

kreuzgriff01.jpg

3d file: http://wake.drmcawesome.com/405th/other/kreuzgriff.stl

I don't think I do amazing modeling Katsu. Hopefully with more practice I will get better. great job on the sword, kinda of a noobish question ( since I didn't look it up I deserve any backlash) but what are stl files for? thanks for the compliment by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back