My (Female) Scout Sniper W.I.P (Destiny Scratch Build)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 18th, 1:00 am

Spent pretty much all day working on the various patterns. Defined well over a hundred individual pieces so far with no end in sight! >.< Only posting 2 of the 7 original drawings right now (will end up being like a dozen total). Don't have my camera here, the scanner didn't want to work, so I borrowed one and then the internet was down. FErq Dude GRRRRRR!!! I'm about ready to smash something lol. Can't wait another minute to update either cuz I promised drack an update tonight and don't want to disappoint him. So here ya go buddy, front and back of the upper body and the concept drawing from Bungie ~Jess

destinysniper1001.jpg

1. Central Hood
2. Mid Hood with about 30 pleats
3. Tightening band
4. Helios dual blades
5. Sniper Rifle, 38lapua
6. Left shoulder pad
7. Left arm cuff
8. Under armor compression shirt
9. Leather elbow transition
10. Left vembrance
11. Compartment for iPhone
12. LED
13. Leather sleeve extension
14. Left outer cloak panel

destinycloak1001.jpg

Surgical breakdown,
the body is only visible for reference
1. Upper back / neck panel
2. Upper back / shoulder panel
3. Center panel
4. Center panel extensions, Left and Right
5. Swing panels, Left and Right
6. Drapes, Left and Right

huntress1.jpg

Using the legs from this pretty much as is
1. Knee, Outer shell
2. Knee, Compression foam
3. Knee, Upper stabilizer
4. Knee, Lower transition
5. Shin, Central shell
6. Shin, Compression foam
7. Shin panels, Left and Right
8. Calf transition, mesh
9. Ankle transition, plate
10. Upper foot panel
11. Back foot panel
12. Foot transition, arch
13. Foot transition, toes

41lxXl3BwBL.jpg

Found some really cute pants to cut and dye that match the concept drawing fairly well :)

Additional drawings which need to be finished or scanned
1. Exploded chest and back
2. Shoulder cap and arm band
3. Gauntlet dissection
4. Belt complex
5. Thigh pouches
6. Leg dissection
7. Weapons
8. Mask (optional)
9. Wiring diagram

All for now, feedback is very much appreciated! ^^

Looking forward to this one :)
Love the concept sketches this is going to be awesome!
Subbed.

Looking forward to this one :)
Love the concept sketches this is going to be awesome!
Subbed.

Thank you drack!! Your crazy mad skillz are one of my biggest inspirations here :D

Sweet, I'm looking forward to your custome und the game to turn out great! :p
Subscribed.

Dude I am on the edge of my sanity waiting for this game haha! Hope they both live up to expectations ;)

Update from this morning. We broke down a process to make the chest. I want it to be lean and form fitting yet strong. Teslacron was kind enough to make a layered drawing for me. Need to set up the light table and make an image for each layer. The final pattern will be cut from those drawings.

3layersniper001.jpg

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Me and my bestie want to make Destiny costumes eventually as well!
Subbin'

Wow this is looking really good; I can't wait to see how this turns out. keep up the amazing work!

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Me and my bestie want to make Destiny costumes eventually as well!
Subbin'

No doubt that if you and your bestie make them it will be amazing. I'm subbed to your build, it's very excellent :) So far as what we come up with, the leg patterns are being cut right now. Will post some pictures after boxing club!

Wow this is looking really good; I can't wait to see how this turns out. keep up the amazing work!

Thank you so much my good sir! Cheers!! :)

Creating the pattern

NOTES: For those new to this project, items pictured below are just place holders. I am creating a pattern to use for a scratch built suit of Hunter armor. Once the paper template is finished it will be applied to EVA foam. That foam will used to create a mother mold. From that mold a hardened shell will be produced. The EVA foam will be attached to the shell. The finished product can then be painted and scuffed accordingly.

Exploded lower leg drawing
lowerleg1001.jpg

1:1 shoe drawing
shoe1001.jpg

Pics

Knee pad
knee1.jpg

Knee pad shell
leg4.jpg

D-ring placement
leg2.jpg

Leg with ankle cover
leg5.jpg

This looks very good and the concept work is not only smartly drawn but very nice as well. Keep up the good work.

Mask exploration, Belt complex IPB

This looks very good and the concept work is not only smartly drawn but very nice as well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much WARlock! Drawing is my passion :) <3

CODENAME GHOST CAT

Tonight I began with an exploration of mask designs. I want something truly unique that represents Destiny regardless of in-game renders. First thought? The games original codename - Tiger. This painting sums up that label purrrfectly :)

OW1HWUUh.jpg

It features an Arctic Cat sitting among several Guardians. Everything about it called to me. Our part of the world is cold around Halloween so it seems logical to assimilate an artic profile. The Snow Leopard is often called "the Ghost Cat". She is straight up ninja, and the master of alpine Hunting. An apt description for my Scout Sniper! So here is what I came up with.

ghostcat02001.jpg

Feline mask with fur trim added to the cloak. *For canadia use only!* xD definately not wearing it to TRF bahaha, that ****'s gonna be like 80.

Features:
1. Ventilation, x2 80mm fans (in the ears)
2. Polarized Oakley lenses
2.1 Accent lighting (blue)
3. Sound discrimination
3.1 Team communications
4. Voice modulation (external)
4.1 Voice amplification (external)

The rest of the pattern is coming along nicely too. Finished the belt complex layering tonight! The idea is to link a Black Diamond climbing harness and two nylon web belts. They will sit ontop a layer of EVA foam. My fiberglass armor and the leather pouches will cover up the belts and stuff.

Beltcomplex1001.jpg

Back of the nylon web system and then a rough composite. Needs cleaned up and labeled of course

beltcomplex2001.jpg

Kk that's all I got for the moment, will post pictures of the harness and belts tomorrow. It's three in teh morning and I'm exhausted lol xD

This is going to look so awesome!!!! I am proper excited now :)

Wow, this is looking killer! Cant wait to see more :)

Thanks guise!! Pretty excited myself xD Now that the project has been defined I'll start building more specific pieces. Taking plenty of cardstock and some test fabric to the Lake this weekend. While erybody's skiing I'm gonna get my nerd on lulz. Couple reference pics before we jet..

Mask concept (shape only)

Thinking about using this one for the TRF weekend. Definitely making the full scale version drawn up last night for Halloween though! I want to do an in-game version for the actual release date. Most likely we'll have some better specifics before then :D

maskreferance.jpg

Belt complex (hips and waist)

Not happy about using any of the belts or purses laying around the house so we're gonna hit up some thrift stores. Hopefully find something that can be torn apart. If not I'll have to cut some exact templates. Not really worried about it, need a side arm before the holster and magazines can be fitted anyway. Will be focusing on the chest and legs first.

midreferance.jpg

Belt complex (chest and shoulders)

Something a friend came up with for diving. Imagine the design without oxygen tanks though lol.

440.jpg

Sizing chart

belts2chartsmall.jpg

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Talk at you Sunday night :)

This is looking great so far. I really admire the thought and planning you are putting towards each piece, mine is just being mostly winged at the moment..

this is a intersting project. You seem to be putting a lot of time and effort, and thought into this. I am going to subscribe so I can follow this and see where you take this project.

Well i think this is working out really well so far. One request, you have to keep the face on the kneepad when its all built lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back