Halo 4 - HD Master Cheif + Undersuit - (PIC HEAVY) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my new build thread, I'm making the Halo 4 Mk. VI Master Chief, and an under suit to go with. I have stopped working on my previous build (Mk. 6) because I like this version so much better, and about half of the pepped parts were maimed beyond repair.

To start off here are the reference pics I am using:
For the Armor
8445328303_d53e506a83_o.jpg

For the Undersuit
undersuit-design.jpg

halo_4_spartan_undersuit_front_back_hex_by_uratz_studios-d53jsol.jpg

I've got a few more references for the undersuit, but this should give ya a basic Idea.

I am basing my under suit work off of that of pendy, who's work is very impressive.
This is a pepakura and rondo build. Previously I used fiberglassing, however I'm not willing to go through the gigantic mess, trouble, and days of picking out slivers this time :p

So here is my progress:

Helmet: Pepped
Shoulders: 1 pepped, 1 rondoed
Chestpiece: Pepped
Bicep: 2 pepped
Forearms: 2 pepped
Hands: Not Started
Ab Plate: Pepped
Butt Plate: Pepped
Thighs: Pepped
Knees: Pepped
Shins: Pepped
Boots: Not Started

Undersuit: Started and in Progress

As you can see, I don't have much work done! But this summer I plan on doing A LOT, hopefully getting done before Halloween. But I refuse to rush, on my last build that caused an extreme lack of detail. This build I'm aiming to look amazing, under suit and all.
All my files were from these two pages:
http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34303-Halo-4-Pepakura-(Files-within)

So enough of me blabbering, let's bring on some progress and pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

So I discovered something amazing, due to the fact that I am 6' 8" my scale is almost exactly the same as Chief's, removing the trouble of scaling!

Now as promised, progress!
I started with the forearms, and have pepped one. Here are pics:
Forearm5.jpg

Forearm2.jpg

Forearm.jpg

Forearm3.jpg

Forearm4.jpg

I'm going to pep a shoulder before the other forearm, some parts of it were too much of a pain to do again right away.
Will update with more pics as soon as the shoulder is done!

great referance pics. I like your build, it's comming alone nice. I always build my armour out of foam, but i do my helmets the "olf fashioned way" with pep and rondo and all that jazz. Your peps are nice i like it. I do have to say i'm gelious that you did a halo 4 suit, i started a reach one last month and i never give up so im kinda stuck.

great referance pics. I like your build, it's comming alone nice. I always build my armour out of foam, but i do my helmets the "olf fashioned way" with pep and rondo and all that jazz. Your peps are nice i like it. I do have to say i'm gelious that you did a halo 4 suit, i started a reach one last month and i never give up so im kinda stuck.

Thank you, and if you want to you don't have to necessarily "give up" on your reach build, but instead "put aside" ;)
I prefer pep and rondo because I find it easier to put details into the armor, though I have seen some rather amazing foam builds. Your helmet looks pretty nice from what I can tell from your avatar.

Also, quick update, I'm going to CNC a halo 4 battle rifle. I'm working on the AutoCAD and MasterCam files right now, If it goes how I wish I'll have a full metal, highly detailed BR

Update:

So I decided to go ahead and pep the other forearm, get it out of the way. Here is a pic:

BothForearms.jpg

Onto the biceps, should have them done in the next couple days. The CNCing of the Battle Rifle will have to wait a couple of months, when I get back in school, there I'll have access to a computer powerful enough to handle Autodesk Inventor and MasterCam. That and access to a CNC :p

So I discovered something amazing, due to the fact that I am 6' 8" my scale is almost exactly the same as Chief's, removing the trouble of scaling!

Ha ha ha
ya I was almost that lucky I am only 6' 2" but my arm-span is excess of 6' 9" (odd I know) so I actually had to scale up slightly on the arm peices

Mk 7 Armor is very detailed, so I applaud you, the forearms look really good.
Thanks! :D

Ha ha ha
ya I was almost that lucky I am only 6' 2" but my arm-span is excess of 6' 9" (odd I know) so I actually had to scale up slightly on the arm peices
I know what you mean, the forearms were almost too small, but I'm being stubborn and refusing to redo them lol

Update: So sized the bicep wrong. Well I took a little too long nap in the middle of the day, So I'll be working (and hopefully finishing) the bicep(s) for the next 4 or 5 hours. Onward!

Update:

I finished up the bicep, and also made the top half of mannequin for my armor when not in use.
Here's a pic:
Bicep1.jpg

Sorry about the bad picture quality, will be having use of a better camera soon.

Holy crap, I just noticed that I'm an infantryman! I honestly had no clue, thanks for the promotion! :D

Created a Duct-tape mannequin to put my armor on
DSCN1719.jpg

It's supposed to be shaped like me, but came out a too skinny and a bit mishapen lol, but whatever it works. I'm going on vacation, so next update won't be for a couple of weeks, but it will contain the other bicep!

Great work so far. I am interested in how you make out on the back once you get there. I made one but drastically over sized it and could or reach inside the back shoulder parts for proper hardening. I opted for the halo 3 style back along with the halo 4 chest.

Great progress so far.

Great work so far. I am interested in how you make out on the back once you get there. I made one but drastically over sized it and could or reach inside the back shoulder parts for proper hardening. I opted for the halo 3 style back along with the halo 4 chest.

Great progress so far.

Thank you for the compliment, and I think I can answer your question beforehand. I specifically searched for a chest piece that was unfolded in a way that it fit my body type better. I'm also going to have the undersuit fill in where I can't, so that it actually looks like a spartan is underneath the armor. When it comes to hardening the shoulder area (I believe you were referring to the thruster packs, correct me if I'm wrong) I'm going to cut them open, pour in rondo and then quickly reseal them. I figure that rondo can get in anywhere I need it to.

Good job on the pep work, this should look great when your done.

Thanks, I'm really hoping so! :D

Update:

Aaaand I'm back from vacation! Finished pepping the 2nd bicep, now for the shoulders

DSCN1978.jpg

Update:

Shoulders are pepped, I will add in the raised details during the bondo stage

DSCN1981.jpg

Now for the big one, the chestpiece. I went with this one, due to the fact that it has a lot more detail then most of the others, however there are still quite a few I will add during the bondo stage:
ChestScreen1.jpg

I predict this one taking me a week or two, will update with pictures when I can

Update:

The chestpiece is finished, though I am not please with the lack of detail in some areas. Will add those in with bondo. Here's a couple pics:
DSCN1983.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

It seems no matter what camera I use some of my pictures come out blurry, sorry about that. Onto the ab and butt plates, next update will contain pics of them.

Big update, I have finished the ab and butt plates, a thigh, and I've started the undersuit!

For anyone who is making a Spartan 4 undersuit, after scouring the internet I finally found this material, it's the closest I've seen to in-game accurate

http://ukfabricsonline.com/black-polyester-honeycomb-sports-fabric

I went to my local fabrics store, and got a pattern for a bodysuit. Once I get another material for the inside of the suit I will begin sewing.
Here is the butt plate and the cod piece:
DSCN1987.jpg

And here is the thigh:
DSCN1985.jpg

I will crack out the other thigh in the next couple of days

Hey can you recommend me to the pep files your using? they look like detailed versions which is what Im Looking to use for my full armor.

Update:

It's been a month since my last update, I've got quite a it more done! I finished the other thigh, the knees, shins, and helmet! I also now have the cloth for my undersuit, and have begun cutting out the design patterns.

DSCN2013.jpg

Thighs

DSCN2014.jpg

Shin

DSCN2015.jpg

DSCN2016.jpg

I'm going to postpone pepping the boots and gloves till after everything else is done. Now begins the rondoing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back