Master Chief Mk VII/Halo 4: First Build [WIP/Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all of the compliments! I'll be heading to the store today to pick up some calking and plastidip. I'd like to seal up some of those lines and imperfections. Will throw some silver acrylic and flat black acrylic over it as well to give it a worn look. It looks to fresh compared to the helmet right now. Might be working on the electronics today as well. So close to the finish line!!

A further update from the initial post. I got the visor in yesterday. Didn't get to work on it until today. Spent some time soldering some wires together and putting the LED and LED chrome holders into the helmet. I would have finished the entire electrical part of it but was missing the correct resistors to help the LEDs last a little longer. The bottom and back of the helmet, the foam specifically, is being calked and plasti-dipped before getting painted. Hopefully i'll have that finished by tomorrow. I don't expect to have the electronic part done until the end of the month. That's basically all that is left aside from a few minor details. Starting Friday i'll be out of state for a few weeks. So armor building will get put on hold. :(

The face shield/bubble visor was purchased off of ebay. It was listed as "bronze". Couldn't find a fully mirrored gold bubble one, but this one'll do.

IMG_6455.jpg

Visor1.jpg

awwwww lamesauce that there will be no updates for a few weeks :-(
But oh well, i think the visor looks good honestly :)
So how well is the solor pannel working? or did you decide to use something else?

Bloody hell that looks good... Hats off to your patience, skill, and a good artist's eye... I can chase this example.

Thanks Ghost Bear!

At Mstruvmgc: I only have the LEDs mounted with some wires pulled through, nothing else. I'm pondering on going with the traditional battery pack or solar panels. Decision will primarily rely on where the solar panels will be mounted. But if they will indeed be mounted somewhere on the helmet it will take away from the "authentic" chief look of the helmet, unless it is incorporated in some innovative, fashionable way. Otherwise, I just may make a small port to plug the solar panels in for charging, then whenever it's fully charged i'll just unplug them. I'll be taking the next few weeks while i'm gone to let the ideas roll around in my head.

That helmet looks fantastic. I am in love with that visor, that is like the perfect color. The in-game helmets are more amber than anything so omitting oranges, I think a bronze would look and go better with the fatigue color than gold.

It doesn't happen to be this one is it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRONZE-BUBBLE-SHIELD-FOR-OPEN-FACE-BOBBER-CHOPPER-HELMETS-BELL-FULMER-BILTWELL-/330842850537?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item4d07c544e9&vxp=mtr Also, if it's not too much trouble could you tell me how wide the bubble visor is? I've been stressing about sizes since I'm more petite, and don't want to me limited but a huge visor that would dwarf my head lol.

That helmet looks fantastic. I am in love with that visor, that is like the perfect color. The in-game helmets are more amber than anything so omitting oranges, I think a bronze would look and go better with the fatigue color than gold.

It doesn't happen to be this one is it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRONZE-BUBBLE-SHIELD-FOR-OPEN-FACE-BOBBER-CHOPPER-HELMETS-BELL-FULMER-BILTWELL-/330842850537?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item4d07c544e9&vxp=mtr Also, if it's not too much trouble could you tell me how wide the bubble visor is? I've been stressing about sizes since I'm more petite, and don't want to me limited but a huge visor that would dwarf my head lol.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

Yea!! That's exactly who I ordered it from! It was the only place I could find that had something near the gold color for that style of visor. If you're stressed about getting something that will fit into a smaller helmet then this is a great visor for you. It's about 9 inches wide, which makes for less bending and warping to get it into the helmet. I can get it into and out of the helmet with just a bit of a squeeze. Plus the bubble shape makes it fit even better, compared to the traditional flat-rounded visors. The color is a bit odd to me. It's not nearly as bronze or gold as they show in the photo. Whenever I pulled it out of the package it looked like a very dark bronze, but without direct light it looks like a dark, smoke chrome with barely any bronze to it, which is cool, but not as "gold" as the actual chief visor. Still happy with it though.

At Mstruvmgc: I only have the LEDs mounted with some wires pulled through, nothing else. I'm pondering on going with the traditional battery pack or solar panels. Decision will primarily rely on where the solar panels will be mounted. But if they will indeed be mounted somewhere on the helmet it will take away from the "authentic" chief look of the helmet, unless it is incorporated in some innovative, fashionable way. Otherwise, I just may make a small port to plug the solar panels in for charging, then whenever it's fully charged i'll just unplug them. I'll be taking the next few weeks while i'm gone to let the ideas roll around in my head.

Well you could potentially have the solor panel on the chest/back armor as well. Like if you find a good place to mount it then have a wire that leads to the helmet with some sort of split in the wire so this way you can disconnect them if you would like. Hope that makes sense lol

Impressive work with the helmet, it looks really smooth. I love that you work with electronics and LEDs and such.
I do have a question: What is the difference between EVA and EVO foam?

Whoops! EVO foam doesn't exist... at least to my knowledge. That was just an out of control ring-finger and a lazy pinky finger there on my original post. Thanks for the assist catch!

Quick update-

My visit to Las Vegas was epic, as expected. I saw a street performer wearing a War-machine Iron Man outfit made of foam. It wasn't TOO bad, although it looked like it had seen some better days. But it gave me an idea! Epic Halo Vegas trip! Everyone and anyone from the 405th! That would be something awesome.

Other than that, i'm in Indiana now for a friends wedding and can't wait to get back to finishing this helmet so I can move on to the chest piece. I'll be back next Wednesday!

Finally back to work on finishing the helmet. Would have picked back up the day I got back from my vacation but I had a TON of homework to catch up on!

Currently tapping off the helmet to plasti-dip and paint the lower foam piece. Realized I had enough visor left over to make an addition. Def gives the visor a more defined look. Accidentally scrapped a line across the new piece, tilted the dremel a bit too far when I was cutting the piece out. Guess you have to fail sometimes to learn, right? I'll be keeping that in mind for future cuts!

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

So glad I went with the foam rout on the bottom. It's not perfect, but for my first go It turned out perty spiffy.

IMG_7257.jpg

Looking at a few other reference photos, along with some other people's builds, I noticed that the center section of his helmet, like the striped down the middle, is actually darker. Not sure if I should correct that!

IMG_7263.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

I joined the 405th an honest man. With every great build just like this one my ideals have changed. Now I am afraid one day I may actually go try to steal one of these amazing pieces of work. Hopefully not though. That aside this is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back