Master Chief Mk VII/Halo 4: First Build [WIP/Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERE CAN I GET THAT MATERIAL YOU ARE USING WITH THE DESIGN!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR THAT. I have to say, this is an amazing build, i wish i had a laser cutter, thankfully my high school i am going to next year has one:) I really like your foam layering method. Might use that for something ;)

WHERE CAN I GET THAT MATERIAL YOU ARE USING WITH THE DESIGN!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR THAT. I have to say, this is an amazing build, i wish i had a laser cutter, thankfully my high school i am going to next year has one:) I really like your foam layering method. Might use that for something ;)

I got the fabric at Joann fabric store. I can't seem to find it online, but I kept the receipt and snapped a photo of the information in case I needed more. Funny… now that i'm looking at the label it says "flammable", and here I am putting it through a laser machine. lol.

Also, the backside of the fabric (not pictured) is gray PVC. If you go this route be sure to keep the laser power low enough to only penetrate the polyprop layer. PVC, when lasered or burnt, gives off chlorine, which is toxic! Just a heads up.

IMG_3549.jpg

My goodness, it's been so long since i last visited this thread and look how much progress you made!!! Keep it up!! Btw do you have the link to your H4 Master Chief chest piece file? My buddy wants one but the ones i have arent as accurate as yours from what i can gather

My goodness, it's been so long since i last visited this thread and look how much progress you made!!! Keep it up!! Btw do you have the link to your H4 Master Chief chest piece file? My buddy wants one but the ones i have arent as accurate as yours from what i can gather

Thanks!

I actually got the chest piece file from the H4 "pep files within" thread. It was the Kingrahl Chest V1, found here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XGfdKByO/H4_Torso.html

Hope that helps. I will be making my own file here soon though. A more simplified version so I can detail it with foam again like I did the arm piece. I'll be sure to post it along with the other files i've formed!

Good and bad news. Bad news is, I missed comicon!!

Good news is, I gave my tickets to some people that really wanted to go, plus I don't have my suit done yet! Also, I missed it because my family flew in to visit, which is far more important and just as fun. So it all worked out!

The left forearm is nearly completed, just needs a little bit more wear and tear effect. Right forearm foam is completed now, so I should start painting today!

Foam pieces for the right forearm.
2-4.jpg
3-3.jpg

Pieces cut for the backside of the forearm.
4-2.jpg
5-1.jpg

Pieces mounted after painting.
1-3.jpg

Left and right forearm pieces. In the process of layering the foam on the right one.
6-1.jpg
7-1.jpg

I can't believe summer is already halfway over and all i've accomplished is the forearms! I'm literally working at a rate of one body part of armor per year. :S

I wasn't going to add any fancy lights to the rest of the armor since the reference photos don't show any, except for the LEDs on the helmet of course, but I've been seeing so many sets completed with lights all around it and it just adds such a great effect! So even though I didn't include LEDs in the forearm design, I did some tweaking at the end to add in a single LED where one could have possibly gone according to the reference photos. Thoughts?!

5-2.jpg
6-3.jpg
4-3.jpg
3-5.jpg
2-5.jpg

Since I didn't want a bright LED simply poking out of the side, I took an acrylic square, covered only the top of the piece with the same metallic nickel spray I used for the undercoat, leaving the sides to be illuminated with light. Giving it more of a dim spread of light instead of a super bright square.

IMG_3929.jpg
IMG_3928.jpg
IMG_3926.jpg
IMG_3925.jpg

That looks great, but I have a word of advice...

Be careful with the open battery like that. There was a stormtrooper who had a battery pack that wasn't sealed. When the moisture got to it, the battery leaked and gave him chemical burns down his back. It was fairly bad. Might want to look into a battery box to cover it or something along those lines.

Otherwise, it looks great!

Definitely some great advice! I've got a few cases that hold three AAA batteries, i'll have to see if the case will fit into there and then swap it out. Chem burns would def put a big stopper on a good first outing in the suit. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back