Halo 4 foam master chief (first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr skywalker

Jr Member
image_zpsd5252cef.jpg

This is my first build and I was a little nervous it wasn't going to turn out right but it's better than I expected and the foam is working really well. I used craft foam to cover the seams and edges to give it a refined look.
image_zps9c182310.jpg
image_zpse477df61.jpg

I've finished both the feet and I'm starting on the shins today. With school and work both boots took me about a week from start to finish. If everything goes as planned ill be done by Halloween. I plan on purchasing a helmet but will make the rest. The biggest challenge will be the under suit, but I've already found some really good ideas here on the 405th.

DANNNG, that looks amazing!!! The shoes are the one thing i'm most worried about making. Hope you don't mind... totally stealing these photos for reference. :p

Are you going to add in some inserts or heal foam to add some height to your stance? I'm going to raise the helmet and turn the shoes into "High-heals" to get that towering chief effect.

Good job with the shoes, on a side note though is it just me or has foam become really popular on the site recently.

DANNNG, that looks amazing!!! The shoes are the one thing i'm most worried about making. Hope you don't mind... totally stealing these photos for reference. :p

Are you going to add in some inserts or heal foam to add some height to your stance? I'm going to raise the helmet and turn the shoes into "High-heals" to get that towering chief effect.

Your more than welcome to use the pics, and if you need help or have question fire away. I'm not going to add inserts for a few reasons: #1 I doubled up the foam base to give me a little extra height, #2 the shoes I'm using are extremely lite but still have a large heel to them, #3 last but not least I'm already 6'4" bare foot and when I put the boots on and my test helmet I had to duck through doorways! :) I am still thinking of putting some shoe inserts just for fun.

Wow, lucky having all that natural height already. You'll def. look tall enough with what you've done already! But it would be pretty sweet to go overboard, make people crane their necks to look up at you. lol.

Wow, lucky having all that natural height already. You'll def. look tall enough with what you've done already! But it would be pretty sweet to go overboard, make people crane their necks to look up at you. lol.

All right....... I'll do it. This is gonna be awesome! But as cool as its going to be, this is an act of war! A war with my most admirable foe......the CEILING FAN! :)

Mr-skywalker Could you please use the edit button. No double posting! Just a heads up.

Thanks. I have tried walking in them and they are fairly easy. They are big but extremely lite. The bottom is one solid piece and it is flexible enough to walk naturally and not with a flat foot. :)

Good job with the shoes, on a side note though is it just me or has foam become really popular on the site recently.

Its not just you, it has become pretty popular lol. I think its because it is more cost effective, time effective, and dont have to deal with as many chemicles and such. :)

@ Mr-skywalker

First off, i love the name :)
Second, nice job on the boots! Foamies for the win lol

I just couldn't resist with the name. When your born with the name Luke, Star Wars references are a dime a dozen and you learn to embrace it. :)
Foam is too over looked by people. It is so much easier to work with. I think if more people tried it they would never go back.

image_zpsf50f8774.jpg
image_zps14282bd9.jpg
image_zps81fc740a.jpg
image_zpsb6cadc4d.jpg
image_zpsb83a88b9.jpg

All done with the left shin and knee. Hopefully I will be able to start on the right side today or tomorrow. Everything is coming out better than I expected and am really pleased with the results. I have no doubt now that foam is the way to go :)

keep up the good work mate, im looking forward to seeing this done well! Already set a high standard with what you have done so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back