Cortana Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my order today :D
nj25.jpg

couldn't be happier, thankyou Justin :) my motivation just kicked up a notch!

too bad I don't know about lighting I would set it up LEDs to give the center that blue look like it is active. but knowing my luck it would more complicated and would have to be more thinker than what it's spouse to be.

too bad I don't know about lighting I would set it up LEDs to give the center that blue look like it is active. but knowing my luck it would more complicated and would have to be more thinker than what it's spouse to be.

But that would ruin the point of it being an empty Cortana chip.

Cortana chips, with electronics do tend to be quite large. I worked with thatdecade on his Cortana project, afew years ago, and it ended up being about half an inch thick. But the lighting effect was really cool. Personally, I prefer to wear the metal ones during a troop. I don't have to worry about batteries running out, or knocking it around.

Cortana chips, with electronics do tend to be quite large. I worked with thatdecade on his Cortana project, afew years ago, and it ended up being about half an inch thick. But the lighting effect was really cool. Personally, I prefer to wear the metal ones during a troop. I don't have to worry about batteries running out, or knocking it around.

you are quite correct.

my sculpted chip was about that size.

and it turned out roughly twice as thick as your chip.

DSC01521_zps74dceee0.jpg

Using the wrong LEDs. When I make mine, it will be cast in clear resin with tiny chip LEDs to light the hole and a small NiCad battery for power. These LEDs are only a couple mm thick and will easily fit inside a Cortana chip without increasing its thickness.

have you tried reflective tape? Blue reflective would look nice in the ring in light and photographs

Hi everyone!

I have a question for y'all.
I noticed that you guys made the cortana chips around 6cm (2,3-2,4 inches) in length which would be perfect for the average human hand and for a normal dog tag, but...

Do you guys know how big Master Chief is? I mean he is 208cm (6ft 10 in), 218cm (7ft 2in) in armor! He definitely has bigger hands than an average human, let alon he was in armor when holding the chip, which means you have to deal with the approximate thickness of the gloves.
The average height/hand ratio is 0,11, so his hand is about 22,88cm (9,01 in)
The average finger length/palm length ratio is 0,77, so his palm would be 14cm (5,51 in) in lenght.
The average palm lenght/palm breadth ratio is 1,3, so it's 9,8cm (3,86 in) for him.
We can deal with an at least 3mm (0,12 in) bodysuit under the armor so its 10,4cm (4,09 in) with the gloves on.

Cortana Dog Tag 01.jpg

Of course there is a margin of error of 4 mm (0,16 in) that you can play with, but this should be pretty much the real size.
And of course there is a possibility that it looks better in normal hand size.

I hope I added something helpful to the topic that you wonderful people can use. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back