Halo 3 HD multiplayer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedg

Hi,it's been a while since i don't post here on the 405th (i didn't know that now i was an infrantry man and i was trying to post on the noob forums...)
So it looks like my old thread was gone so here i start another one, where i will start to edit the old armor for a better HD graphic,for now i have only the photos of my actual armor:

954798_419077898199908_220631232_n.jpg

941456_419077921533239_813551308_n.jpg

946774_420588568048841_1150774686_n.jpg

485616_419078118199886_563867134_n.jpg

As you can see i have some problems with the boots (i hate those boots!) and the arms are LD with H2 handplates,i also need to make a bigger chest plate and i have to re-scale the shoulders, these are too little. the old carboard SOCOM will be soon replaced by a M6C with moving trigger, i think i will try to do something for undersuit, even just the chest area since is the most exposed. If someone have some ideas on the undersuit or have an idea for better boots will be apreciated, i don't have much time to work for this "update" on my suit, i have something like two other projects to go and i have to study for two exams. i'll try my best to keep this alive with photo and updates

I did some work, i scaled with some problems the new arms, tomorrow i'll start with the new forearm, now i have a complete scout shoulder, after all the left arm will be ok i'll build the other, oh little question; how do i glue velcro on my armor? i tried with hot glue but it didn't sticked...oh...here the pics of the shoulder...i build just the back of the shoulder since i will use straps to hold it with the front HD plate, since the scout shoulder cover all the details of the HD shoulder i used LD as base.
nfo6.jpg

thju.jpg

m5w2.jpg

Yeah...Scout shoulders are like shoulders tower shields! So today i pepped all the new HD forearm, so i just have another arm to go! then i can use resin...here are some pictures:
1mb4.jpg

Fits perfectly...
dfhn.jpg

The completed arm pieces.

While i was working on the new arms i was thinking that i never tried to paint my emblem on a shoulder. so i decided to try on the old one. here the result:
523402_538454352869395_1652953836_n.jpg

14455_538454399536057_475495475_n.jpg

I wanted to have a "handmade while waiting for the next mission" look so i used two stencil and painted it. ruined the edges and didn't completely cover the red with paint. what do you think?

In the middle of the fiberglass step. i think that i will use all the cloth i have. while i will work on the other half of the pieces that still need to harden i can try to assemble a shoulder. what is the best way to attack a different shoulder plate to the bicep piece? let me know, i never tried something like this.

Scout shoulder pads are completed. you know what? i'm out of paint and cloth. so i have just 4 pieces to harden, no cloth and no paint to finish the others.and i only have 8 days left. how lucky. i can skip the hardening stuff but i must paint the new pieces and strap them.
fit8.jpg

Scout shoulder pads are completed. you know what? i'm out of paint and cloth. so i have just 4 pieces to harden, no cloth and no paint to finish the others.and i only have 8 days left. how lucky. i can skip the hardening stuff but i must paint the new pieces and strap them.
fit8.jpg

dude the shoulders look so awesome man! your going with cyan and red?

Yeah, i'll keep my color scheme. i hope to get better photos soon of the new pieces. but as i said, i still have to paint them

So. basic paint is done on all the new pieces...wait no i still miss one, the left forearms still needs reinforcement. i think i have a little piece of cloth somewhere..i hope so.
the new pieces are massive and beautiful. i did some comparison pics on the new equip of my armor.

Scout shoulder pads:
ghue.jpg

Test fit for the shoulder
lbvh.jpg

HD forearm:
1kc6.jpg

New shoulder:
xj0r.jpg

New magnum:
67sa.jpg

All together for the new arm:
suo2.jpg

industrial velcro comes stickified and it holds to just about everything. dont need to glue it in your armor. just peel and stick.

i bought industrial velcro as you said. even if i already had something in my mind so i talked with some friends and i created some supports. now the COD piece holds the thighs and the torso hold the shoulder pieces. here some picture of what i did:
Here the two straps that keep the shins from falling for walking movements.
the are really strong and they are a little hided by the pieces itself.
1jex.jpg

uf16.jpg

Here are the new strapping i glued on the back piece of the torso:
xkbr.jpg

As you can se the two straps hold the shoulder pads. inside the scout pads there is a long line of velcro so i can adjust them to fit better.but for now they are ok.
i even glued a "belt" to that while mounting the torso piece the backpiece (must be worn before the front) won't fall from my shoulders.

And i have to say: i love the new pose "menace"...on the con i'll do some photos with some of the halo 4 poses...
9a04.jpg

So. posting this on 21th. still two days 'till convention...i just have to get out of the wardrobe my thermic suit and adjust some little things like padding and wheatering on the shoulders...i can do that with just some hours...

ARMED AND READY! tomorrow i'll meet my marine and check the last things for the con. so, the build is over...just have to wait and get some action photos for you guys

I am also building this armor and wonder, will the scout shoulders be able to replace the mkVI ones or do the go over top of them? and also what are you using as an undersuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back