Virti's Freelance Agent York Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virti

Jr Member
My costume idea is to make York from Red Vs. Blue. Its a Mark Vi from Halo 3 with a simple color of gold with white accents. Im already pretty good with these kinds of things sense im going into engineering it shouldn't be much of a task and I don't get frustrated easily because I already miscalled a chest and a bicep but thanks to Halogoddess's tutorial on scaling im positive I got it right this time :)

I started pepping today with the left forearm in the correct scale if I work fast and clean it should come out ok

Well I just found out that the bicep is the right size so I don't have to make that whole part over again but the chest is still small, it would actually fit my 10 year old brother who knew. I have a few more parts on the forearm then I'm probably going to do the cod piece. I don't have any pictures yet but I will get some when I finish the forearm

Pictures! Get some pictures up, or this thread is likely to be ignored or locked by a moderator.

Pictures Finally

Well here's some pictures of my work station along with my failed chest, completed right bicep and almost finished forearm

WIN_20130807_213440_zpseb469075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here's a more accurate shot on the chest (its 12 inches across it would fit my brother easily)

WIN_20130807_213416_zps80bea01a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and here's my forearm and bicep

WIN_20130807_213400_zps1e61b2bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for not posting I've been very busy this past week and I didn't get very far on my forearm but next week i should be able to get to work

Well I have been starting my fall sports this past week so when I get home I'm super tired so I haven't been working that hard but in the, meantime I have a picture of my first home made costume :p
image_zpseeb31fde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Today I finished the codpiece

WIN_20130829_165123_zpsec42f8f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and I was wondering If anyone would know about the other supports like how to put them on (there are no flaps) that would be a super big help thanks :)

Before you get too far with the cod, I would recommend the supports that I developed for this piece.

DSCN0816.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/UN-qXrEd/Cod_Support.html

It makes handling, resining and glassing the piece much easier. The parts that close the lower opening can be left as plain cardstock, but the remainder of the internal supports in this file should be traced onto a rigid material like cardboard or foamcore.

Attachments

• DSCN0816.jpg
    DSCN0816.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 244
Before you get too far with the cod, I would recommend the supports that I developed for this piece.

DSCN0816.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/UN-qXrEd/Cod_Support.html

It makes handling, resining and glassing the piece much easier. The parts that close the lower opening can be left as plain cardstock, but the remainder of the internal supports in this file should be traced onto a rigid material like cardboard or foamcore.

Thanks for the file share and tips I was really worried that when I get around to resining and glassing (im going out to get some resin/bondo tomorrow) that that piece would warp pretty bad, ive seen some other supports for the forearms and bicep do you by chance know where those files are?

Attachments

• DSCN0816.jpg
    DSCN0816.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 250
ive seen some other supports for the forearms and bicep do you by chance know where those files are?

I do not, sorry. But when you get to the thighs, drop me a line; I've got a set of supports I developed for those as well.

Well I put the support structure on the cod thanks to carpathinavh99's model (I pep'ed it a little big but no biggie)

WIN_20130830_112714_zps1fbb3fac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

im actually ready for school to start next week because then I can get back to working on Solidworks and the schools 3d printer (I plan on printing out some of the finer details like on the back of the chest and on the helmet).

Im still a noob at halo costumes but anywhere near a noob at 3d modeling (Solidworks is like a greater version of AutoCAD). Just to show some things I've done, I entered this motorcycle into a woodworking, drafting, and welding competition and got first in the region and state, but not overall (im trying not to gloat about it)

WIN_20130830_111205_zpseb2dbb77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and here are some small 3d printed items I did (I have done more some lego parts but they all broke so I threw them out :/) and the screw was a demo part on the printer (makerbot replicator 2)

WIN_20130830_111139_zps27aadde2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well I went to the store last night and I picked up a ton of stuff

WIN_20130831_094405_zps87d9b7b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

im was going to get a gallon of resin but I couldn't find it at the stores I went to last night (Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart, Meijer) and that respirator I got for 15$ and it works just like the ones by 3M that cost 30, so Harbor Freight Tools *thumbs up*

probably going to start resining tomorrow afternoon and labor day because I have nothing better to do then to use what I bought Woo!

Well I went to the store last night and I picked up a ton of stuff

WIN_20130831_094405_zps87d9b7b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

im was going to get a gallon of resin but I couldn't find it at the stores I went to last night (Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart, Meijer) and that respirator I got for 15$ and it works just like the ones by 3M that cost 30, so Harbor Freight Tools *thumbs up*

probably going to start resining tomorrow afternoon and labor day because I have nothing better to do then to use what I bought Woo!

well i can garentee that you will eventually need more resin but you are off to a very strong start.

UPDATE

I started resining today I started with the bicep (sense if I messed up it wouldn't be as big of a fix) and if you have the spare wood build that wooden thing it's just a 1x1 nailed to a 1/8 inch thick board on the bottom it helped a lot with resining

913267a5-d1ca-478e-ac80-b95a550abf6f_zps33ae53c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And I did a small coat on the cod (those supports work wonders)

33370373-537b-4769-9b32-432aed896e15_zpsaa62b8c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well that's all for today probably going to fiberglass the bicep tomorrow (or at least try it took 15 minns to even try to start resining :p ), then off to start senior year in high school. WOOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back