Havoc Commando Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dox

Hey all! I recently purchased a Havoc Commando kit cast in ABS plastic by the wonderful TZA, and today I got a package!

fFOo5Hr.jpg

It contained pure happiness! In addition to my Spartan, I'll be working on this, and this thread will track my progress!

Attachments

• fFOo5Hr.jpg
    fFOo5Hr.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 376
So today I cut my Troopers eyes out and he got a mad rash!

qNHM9sE.jpg

Also; I've been having camera issues, some are webcam, some are phone, but I've realised I have a perfectly good iPad laying around, which makes photos a loooot easier!

Attachments

• qNHM9sE.jpg
    qNHM9sE.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 168
Today I worked on the helmet some more, starting filling in the little nicks, scrapes and imperfections, as well as reworking the visor area that was imperfect due to the butchering I inflicted on it with the dremel!

dLgkiDt.jpg

HUzfl95.jpg

eZHGUkA.jpg

iAZw4Em.jpg

Can't wait to get a coat of primer on it, once I do, and get rid of any MAJOR imperfections, I'll leave it as is and start assembling the rest of the actual suit. A lot of the detail on it was lost due to the vac-forming process (Specifically on the gauntlets), and as I'm going for a, "As though real life", approach, I'm currently brainstorming ways I can address this. First thought is to fill in the top and bottom with rondo and hand detail it, but... Yeah... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• dLgkiDt.jpg
    dLgkiDt.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 199
  • iAZw4Em.jpg
    iAZw4Em.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 177
  • eZHGUkA.jpg
    eZHGUkA.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 186
  • HUzfl95.jpg
    HUzfl95.jpg