GenericCola's Halo: Reach Scout/Recon Build (WIP - Pics Included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the boot(s) are looking great, can't wait to see the rest of the build come along. Definitely great work on the paint.

Very informative! I Cant wait to start my Scout build. What are you using for your undersuit? When you used glue to hold your fiberglass in place did you glue the whole thing or just like the edges to keep it in place?

Keep up the good work man

build looks great man keep up the good work. thanks for the advice on my build too

any time, man!

the boot(s) are looking great, can't wait to see the rest of the build come along. Definitely great work on the paint.

Thanks!

Very informative! I Cant wait to start my Scout build. What are you using for your undersuit? When you used glue to hold your fiberglass in place did you glue the whole thing or just like the edges to keep it in place?

Keep up the good work man

Thanks! When I glued, I put a light slathering of glue on the inside of the boot to cover the surface I was positioning the fiberglass in. I then laid down the fiberglass cloth and pressed it into any corners or details that I wanted to make sure got proper support.

Update:

I spilled hot chocolate on my laptop and my pep tonight, so I'm going to be a bit behind schedule. The right shin is 90% pepped-- I just had to reprint parts of it. Updates and pics coming as soon as things are back online.

I want your shoes. O__O

Edit: If you are still figuring out a way to deal with the way of flexing the boot when you walk, I may be able to help. I come from a family who has a huge (local) history in the podiatry field, my grandpa is a retired owner and worker of a custom shoe and foot orthotic store (best in the city), my dad is an orthotist/prosthetist and deals with custom braces and artificial limbs of all kinds, and I am a part time tech at my dad's business.

I'll take the pics of the boots and bring them to work. I'll see what I can come up with.

So amazing in person. Just saying. Can't wait to start on mine~

Glad you're as excited as I am :D

Update:

Boot #2 is almost done being bondo'd. I expect to finish the sculpt tomorrow, and then move onto fiberglass.

It's been slow progress, but here's a video of what goes on in the workshop. My buddy Omega Eagle stopped by to see how things were going, and we hung out for a bit.
It's a long and mostly useless video, but I figured I'd upload it so you can all get to know me a bit better and hopefully be at least a bit entertained by our antics.

This video is NOT on my channel, by the way-- it's on Omega Eagle's channel, since he was the one who recorded it.

More updates soon! I've just got to find a way to re-print my shins since I no longer have functional USB ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you're as excited as I am :D

Update:

Boot #2 is almost done being bondo'd. I expect to finish the sculpt tomorrow, and then move onto fiberglass.

It's been slow progress, but here's a video of what goes on in the workshop. My buddy Omega Eagle stopped by to see how things were going, and we hung out for a bit.
It's a long and mostly useless video, but I figured I'd upload it so you can all get to know me a bit better and hopefully be at least a bit entertained by our antics.

This video is NOT on my channel, by the way-- it's on Omega Eagle's channel, since he was the one who recorded it.

More updates soon! I've just got to find a way to re-print my shins since I no longer have functional USB ports.

Oh my gosh I sound so weird in the video. Sad that all the work I did on the calf didn't pay off. :c but the suit is coming along awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Hey, 405th! After a 10 month break due to weather and account issues, I have returned, and I will be continuing work on my Halo: Reach Recon build! I haven't been able to work much since my last visit, so I'm still on the 2nd boot, but things should hopefully pick up from here!

Below are a few pictures of the most recent progress:

IMG_20140715_183621_100.jpg

IMG_20140715_183642_111.jpg

Not much to speak of, yet, but progress, nonetheless. Hopefully by my next update, the boot will be fully bondo'd and sanded.

As always, feedback and comments are appreciated! If you're happy to see this project back, let me know-- it helps to know if people are interested in my work.

Take care,
-G.C.

That is a sexy looking shoe you have there my friend. And did you get the pep files from the 405th data base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back