Dark Souls Silver Knight files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilmailman

Hey 405th! I'd always wanted to get my hands on some Dark Souls pep files, yet I could never find any. Then I found ToTheClassiest's post with some Dark Souls .obj files, and I thought "why not modify and unfold these files myself?" So here I am, posting something for the first time.

The link to the Silver Knight files is http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ehh6o8jngj6f6/Silver_Knight_files
Here's a picture of what it looks like
silver-knight_zps9bd9d49c.jpg

I wonder if anyone will join me in making a set for the release of Dark Souls 2?

The files used are from ToTheClassiest, I only seperated the models with Sketchup, then unfolded them. I'm not claiming these as my own files.

Attachments

• silver-knight_zps9bd9d49c.jpg
    silver-knight_zps9bd9d49c.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 6,649
I am really looking forward to seeing how these come out. I've never played Dark Souls but this looks really cool. Keep us posted!

In regards to the sword file, I have decided... not to unfold this puppy, and I'll tell you why:

1: editing the sword file I have is a lot of work, mainly because open edges pop up after I edit, then i try to fix them but can only fix half of them, etc. Basically, I need more experience with Blender and Sketchup.

2: I read a couple posts about making swords with pepakura that convinced me to scratch build the sword, instead of pep-ing one. Apparently, swords are very hard to make with pepakura because the blades will always warp and twist (more so in the resin stage than the paper stage).

3: Every time i unfold the sword, save, then try to reopen the file, i get an error and the file is unopenable. I tested whether or not unfolding it is the problem, but it appears that it isn't. The problem occurs when I try to open the file in .pdo form. Opening the file in .obj file is no-problemo. This could just be some problem that is only affecting me, but I can't know for sure.

However, I'm still putting out the .obj file so that accurate measurements of the sword's dimensions can be taken- I looked at many pictures and decided that scaling it to 50 inches, or 1270 mm, was the way to go.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ehh6o8jngj6f6/Silver_Knight_files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back