nobel 6 helmet and orbital amour for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

methadome666

Jr Member
Hey guys I am very new to amour build and pepakura. I had no idea that this kinda of user friendly tech was available. Let alone free, but as the title states this is a build for 2. I am building two complete sets of armour one for myself and one for my 10 month son. I have finished the pepakura for the two helmets and now am starting the torso. I am going to finish my sons frist as I am hopeing this to be ready for halloween in only 4 short weeks.... so wish me luck on this ambitious build and stay posted for up dates.

The one without a shield is my sons helmet and the one with the pepped shield is my helmet..I will post pics. Of the torso progress tomarrow.

You might notice that my helmet is a little rough it was the first and only try then I did my sons which I think is a lot cleaner then my helmet. Its nothing like some of the work people like robot chicken do but not to bad for a guy with no paper project past. But I believe in the bondo and resin deptment I can make up for my rough beginnings as I am very use to using bondo and fiberglass in my automotive and custom audio projects.

20131001_003201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20131001_003105.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130922_232237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130922_232746.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hey got some work done on the orbital torso.... but sadly it is about 2 inchs to small time to scrap it and start over here are the pics of the one i had to scrap.

DSCN1339.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1340.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thanks. i just printed the new pep sheet had to scale up a bit. but i will post an update tonight when i get done for the day.

What did you print your pep files onto? Be sure to use at LEAST 110 lb cardstock; it's looking a bit warped in that helmet pic.

Also, it's spelled "Noble," not "Nobel." Noble is an adjective, Nobel is a prize. You may want to fix that.

right man thanks i didn't ever notice i spelled it like that thanks. and yeah i am using only 65 pound stock.... couldn't find 110 stock at jo ann store.

You can find 110lb cardstock at Walmart. Also, if you look at an office supply store like Office Max or Office Depot, they have larger packs of 110. Isn't Jo Ann a fabrics store?

they are a fabric and craft store.. they sell everything craft related.. i got a good glue from them it is called Aleene's quick dry tacky glue. its like a fast drying Elmer's

i did look at Walmart but the one here doesn't have much in paper choices. I only found the same pound stock.. i am looking around for thicker stock tho. this will work just more bondo and resin work
a37b3b21-eb38-4f59-b7c3-1c79c9e1bb8d.jpg

Attachments

• a37b3b21-eb38-4f59-b7c3-1c79c9e1bb8d.jpg
    a37b3b21-eb38-4f59-b7c3-1c79c9e1bb8d.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 277
yea i tryed 10 kind of glues to make my armor and its realy mostly how you work your self ... im a old warhammer painter so im used to put glue on a board and take it with a thooth pick to apply on small pièces but i use the tacky glue stick like you and find it realy usefull also! just be sure of the pressure to make

and also YES MUST BUY papper 110lbs 65 lbs will not do the job on resine

and get a pack of papper clips for me it helps a lot,

one last advice ... i use exacto knifes to cut the papper it makes a sharper cut on the pièces of pappers and get a METAL ruler ...

just some advice i could give some one but im not a pro... i am also starting

YEAH i just got a knife today and its way better then scissors it use to do the helmets. my sons is cleaner then my helmet. just got that learning curve to see what works for me.
but thanks all you guys for your advice and support.

110 lb cardstock is preferred, but 65 lb WILL work if it's all you have, as long as you're careful. I've been doing my project (linked in my signature) with 65 lb because I accidentally bought it and couldn't afford to get a new pack because I already opened the 65 lb when I noticed :/

65 lb is more vulnerable to distortion, but if you do your resin in thin layers and pep your build very carefully, you'll be alright.

Hey guys here is a little update of what I completed on my pep work today...... back right tower on the orbital torso armour.
DSCN1350.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1345.jpg
DSCN1348.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1345.jpg
    DSCN1345.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCN1348.jpg
    DSCN1348.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 260
It's looking good. My wife says I spend to much time making helmets and armor, until she saw this thread. Now she is all about how cute it is. So keep up the good work.

Thanks man hope to finish the back tomorrow and then I can restart the front. I will keep updates coming as fast as I get things done.

i love how dark your pep lines are, i printed out all of mine before i figured out that you could adjust that in designer. but the best thing about this whole process is you teach yourself things not to do on the next build lol relly clean peps so far though i like it

Thank, yeah it is definitely a learning process.... it gets easier with ever one I do. Also a good razor/exacto knife makes a world of difference over scissors. Especially on my sons suit do to how tight some of the fold lines are.

Has anybody ever tried using papermache as a substitute for fiberglass to strengthen the pep work????
Cuz resin smells for while after it cures and I dont want my son smelling resin.... or maybe a way to get rid of the smell faster??

just thought i do a quick post complete the the right rear torso tower this morning now on to the other side.
DSCN1352.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1352.jpg
    DSCN1352.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 269
I used spray paint to try to seal the resin smell on the inside, but I cant tell yet that it worked, you might be able to coat the inside with hot glue to kill the smell but I'm not certain this will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back