Destiny Beta, spoilers open at your risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Destiny Beta

Anybody else feel like this is a lot like Borderlands?

The comparison has been made before yes. Not sure if anyone made it here.

However, it's more like Borderlands, Mass Effect, and Defiance all rolled into one only 10x more awesome. ;)

If anyone has a PS4, I have 2 or 3 codes to give away. If not, then I will have to play with you chaps when I get an Xbone in the fall.

There is a "The 405th Infantry" group, but I didn't recognize the admin as one of the names in the list in the OP so I've gone ahead and I created:

"The 405th Halo Costumers"

Link: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/147052

I'm not sure if clans are console specific, but I'm on the Xbox 360.

I joined the group but I'm on XboxOne.

As for the [??] beasts, at level 8 they are still immune to everything my hunter throws at them. The level 20 gear looks quite amazing. I wonder what the official level cap will be

I joined the group but I'm on XboxOne.

As for the [??] beasts, at level 8 they are still immune to everything my hunter throws at them. The level 20 gear looks quite amazing. I wonder what the official level cap will be

I have a feeling that as the beta goes on, they may slowly remove the restriction.
There was still a cap at the end of the Reach beta, but I'm pretty sure it was higher than when it started.
We might see the cap raised to 14, maybe 15, maybe 19, or maybe even 20.

I do know that they released a video for the beta advertising the vanguard armor, so I think that there is a big chance we'll be able to hit level 20.

One of the reasons the level restriction is in place is because they want us to stop progressing in one class, and then try out a different class.

I have a feeling that as the beta goes on, they may slowly remove the restriction.
There was still a cap at the end of the Reach beta, but I'm pretty sure it was higher than when it started.

I do know that they released a video for the beta advertising the vanguard armor, so I think that there is a big chance we'll be able to hit level 20.

One of the reasons the level restriction is in place is because they want us to stop progressing in one class, and then try out a different class.

Yeah I figured they were keeping the level cap low for now to urge us to play each class, which is something I had planned on doing anyways haha. One thing I hope they change is the look sensitivity while sprinting, it's around half of my set sensitivity.

I also played the Devil's Lair Strike challenge on the hardest difficulty mode. I think I was a level 4 hunter, paired with a 7 Warlock and 3 Titan. It took us around 2 hours to run through. It doesn't help that halfway through the Titan quit out. Got some nice loot though so worth the time investment.

Don't even want to know how much I have played.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Yeah I figured they were keeping the level cap low for now to urge us to play each class, which is something I had planned on doing anyways haha. One thing I hope they change is the look sensitivity while sprinting, it's around half of my set sensitivity.

I also played the Devil's Lair Strike challenge on the hardest difficulty mode. I think I was a level 4 hunter, paired with a 7 Warlock and 3 Titan. It took us around 2 hours to run through. It doesn't help that halfway through the Titan quit out. Got some nice loot though so worth the time investment.

yeah that was pretty hard. I had two hunters level 4's and me a titan level 8, one of them kept dying so I would revive him but he or she would not return the favor. I think the devil walker was harder than the end boss though

I think I am going to stick with the titan class for now. max it out and then move over to an other class

Don't even want to know how much I have played.

I played my little heart out sadly I had to return to work today and wont get home until Wednesday night. I asked my wife to put me on the beat on Saturday, so if you guys see me doing the funky chicken or shooting the sky or worms, its my wife playing she has never even picked up a controller for the 360. I might be doing some fruity things like dancing and sitting at weird places or playing with ball.

I have played a ton and have yet to max out my titan.

That's okay I can't even invite anyone to a fire team on Xbox one

Use the method I outlined before. Don't Invite. Join people instead. If you invite(on XB1 at least), you automatically open the Party app. Stay in Orbit while letting people join too as that where you have to load from anyway when joining.

360 but I'm off for the night. I don't know if I'll be online tomorrow, but arcangel9852 will be. We only have one monitor and ethernet cable, so we're stuck shareing.

It wont let me, i have tried cant join anyone. which is why i said i cant do a fireteam really annoying.

Use the method I outlined before. Don't Invite. Join people instead. If you invite(on XB1 at least), you automatically open the Party app. Stay in Orbit while letting people join too as that where you have to load from anyway when joining.

No more code requirements, the Beta is open for all!

Got my level 8 Warlock. Tried TItan, was sorely disappointed at how slow the recovery time is, and maybe it's just me, but felt like the Titan couldn't take a hit worth anything. One shot, running for cover, have to wait forever and a day to even begin to regain health, then poke my head around a corner, get hit, go back into hiding. Haven't tried Hunter yet. Might give it a go at some point, might not.

Anyone else noticing enemy level differences depending on co-op/fireteam vs solo? Was playing with a friend yesterday and he had me tag along with him as he revisited the "explore/random assignments" mission and he mentioned the enemy levels being higher than when he had gone there solo. (like 7s instead of 4s, etc.). Don't really have any frame of reference of my own to confirm it, so I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. Would help decide whether I should stick with my Warlock when playing with my brother (who hasn't started yet) or if I should make a new character so the enemies won't be boosted beyond his ability to fight effectively.

I have my Hunter level 8 and is my favorite character to play. The warlock is my second favorite. I don't really care for the shotgun very much. I feel that you have to be right on top of someone to do decent damage, and I'd rather use melee at that range.

As for the creature levels, I'm not too sure. The only time I've seen the creatures level scale up was when I was playing through the missions on Hard difficulty.

On Devils layer, for the boss, go up the stairs on the left,and get behind the cover near the back.
Use a Scout Rifle, it is the best dps for crits in my opinion. Aim for bullseyes, you'll keep aggro and the boss cant hit you behind that cover.
Beware for normal enemies coming up the stairs, they cause more issues than the boss.
Bring an extra person and you are golden.

I sent a Join request, i mainly play on the One but i am going to get a 360 copy seeing as only a few select friends have a One.

Gt: xZero Primex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back