Destiny Beta, spoilers open at your risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
WandererTJ, I think the "impact" for the weapons is pretty much knock down power. I know in PVE I used a Scout Rifle, Trax Mallus III, with a 62 attack and about a 60% impact. If I shot a Dreg, Vandal, Thrall, Acolyte in the torso or leg, they would stagger and appear to be a bit "stunned" from the round. Where as if I used a Auto Rifle, 51 attack, 35-40% impact, they would just continue charging at me as if I was shotting them with a water gun. Might have an effect on shields too, I'm not too sure.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
So THAT's why they always lean back.

I'm not sure if I ever saw the affect in PVP though. I would guess that in PVP, Impact works against Stability or something, but only when they are looking down their sights, idk...

Yes, it does. Any type of ammo box you shot would be collected, so I could keep my scout, sniper, and rocket launcher filled without ever having to leave my perch, which was a huge help in the Devil's Lair. Could stay on the rooftop while fighting the Crawler, the catwalk/balcony during the defense portion, and behind the crate during the final orb fight (with the exception, as some of us found out, of when the orb would teleport directly above that spot and just make it rain pain on your head).

Yes, but does shooting a White Box fill up your Secondary and Special Weapon ammo too?

Does a single box get divided into the 3 categories, or is it only good for the respective color the ammo is for?

Because if I could fill up my special weapon with regular ammo by shooting the ammo, then I'll have to tip my hat and agree that this is the better skill to have on a weapon. Otherwise, I will just happily run around collecting ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
So THAT's why they always lean back.

I'm not sure if I ever saw the affect in PVP though. I would guess that in PVP, Impact works against Stability or something, but only when they are looking down their sights, idk...

Yes, but does shooting a White Box fill up your Secondary and Special Weapon ammo too?

Does a single box get divided into the 3 categories, or is it only good for the respective color the ammo is for?

Because if I could fill up my special weapon with regular ammo by shooting the ammo, then I'll have to tip my hat and agree that this is the better skill to have on a weapon. Otherwise, I will just happily run around collecting ammo.

You're probably correct about the PVP aspect. It'd make a lot of sense that way.

For the ammo box skill with the sniper rifle, it's only for the respective color that the ammo is for. It's a pretty useful skill to have when sniping.

Thanks for linking the article. Raids sound pretty awesome, though it might be hard for players such as myself who don't have many friends on their console.

Just saw this on facebook on my phone.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but it deserves being mentioned on the 405th.
Screenshot_2014-07-30-19-11-21.png

Thanks for linking the article. Raids sound pretty awesome, though it might be hard for players such as myself who don't have many friends on their console.

I'm in the same boat. I have a total of 17 friends (one of which is pending), of which maybe 9 would even consider playing Destiny, half that number likely wouldn't purchase the game within the first year or two, and honestly I rarely see more than 2-3 friends on at a time whenever I'm on, so the odds of finding friends online playing Destiny who want to jump into a raid is pretty slim.

Just saw this on facebook on my phone.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but it deserves being mentioned on the 405th.
View attachment 1432

Only way it could be better is if they offered full 3D rotation of each character model. Or better yet (although extremely unlikely at this point in time) renders of each armor type, as just in the Beta I came across I think 3-4 different style Warlock helmets (not simply different colors but different geometry) and I have seen renders/concepts for about a dozen more styles. But I doubt they'd release references for the entire armory before the game is even out.

And yes, as AWACS-89 said, that ability only picked up ammo boxes, not modified them, but even so being able to maintain a perch out of reach of the heavy gunfire and still collect any type of ammo on the field (and I had found many enemies that would drop more than one type of ammo when killed) is extremely useful. It also had, I believe, the best range and zoom of any scout-class rifle, certainly the best of any in the Beta, and if I couldn't actually see the ammo through its scope, I could zero in on it with the sniper rifle, hold steady while switching back to the primary, fire a shot and bam, resupplied without having to let my seat get cold or run the risk of being caught in a cross-fire between Hive and Fallen.

I'm in the same boat. I have a total of 17 friends (one of which is pending), of which maybe 9 would even consider playing Destiny, half that number likely wouldn't purchase the game within the first year or two, and honestly I rarely see more than 2-3 friends on at a time whenever I'm on, so the odds of finding friends online playing Destiny who want to jump into a raid is pretty slim.

I have only 22-ish friends, maybe 3 are online all the time and a few haven't been online in months. I'd be more than happy to get a raid group started with members from the great 405th. Maybe we can start a thread later down the road to organize raid groups and such

I have only 22-ish friends, maybe 3 are online all the time and a few haven't been online in months. I'd be more than happy to get a raid group started with members from the great 405th. Maybe we can start a thread later down the road to organize raid groups and such

That would be quite useful. And there's been talk about wanting a "gaming sessions" area for people to post in when they're looking for players for various games. That would help with setting up Destiny raids, or for people wanting to playtest their newly built Forge maps, etc.

The gaming sessions area would be a nice section to have. I think we should start a thread about a week before the game is released, or whenever the gaming sessions section is created, whichever comes first.

click the orange button on the right it will open a separate page, just close it and go back to the original page. I just opened it and checked it for coodies.
this is included
[url]http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u534/crimmson76/destinymusic.jpg[/URL]
http://destinynews.net/destiny-music-download/

This is why I love Bungie (and sometimes Activision). They go all out for their loyal fan base. Marty did an amazing job on the scores for the game. The music makes Destiny feel much larger and more epic, and the music that plays during intense boss battles just intensifies the moment tenfold.

Fav 2 songs: Deactivating the Mesh & The Last Array

This is why I love Bungie (and sometimes Activision). They go all out for their loyal fan base. Marty did an amazing job on the scores for the game. The music makes Destiny feel much larger and more epic, and the music that plays during intense boss battles just intensifies the moment tenfold.

Fav 2 songs: Deactivating the Mesh & The Last Array

mine are the dark within and temple of crota. it certainly helps make the creative juices flow. I actually stumbled upon this link looking for something else. at first I thought nah this isn't true, but I came back to it and down loaded it aanndd I was like what the.... score.

mine are the dark within and temple of crota. it certainly helps make the creative juices flow. I actually stumbled upon this link looking for something else. at first I thought nah this isn't true, but I came back to it and down loaded it aanndd I was like what the.... score.

Yeah I've got it playing while I model up some destiny stuff haha. I'm working off of your beta titan xD. I'll be making a suit for the midnight launch using the thighs and chest that you modeled. I'm modeling the shoulders (really just need to model the one with the loops on it) and then model the forearms.

Looking forward to getting "Raiding party" with the 405th clan.

By my count, I'd have 9 of those achievements already if Beta gameplay counted towards it. Possibly more, depending on what classifies as a "raid" and/or "strike."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back