This aint Halo related...yet - Daft Punk/Guy Manuel - Pick Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurx

Hi Lurx here! Im back!

It all started for some years ago with my first build: a mark VI suit (still not complete)
I live in sweden - europe, so its hard to find all the products that you guys use over there in USA
Ive had alot of try and fail errors and now finaly I think im up to something that works over here.

Now its the time to choose something to build and I want to build something really complicated with a bunch of electronics, vacuum forming, pepakura and everything just mixed up in a big pile of.. guano?!

its the epic helmet of Guy Manuel from daft punk that will be my "first" project (discovery era)

To my help I have 2 selfbuilt "machines, an easy vacuum forming table for visors and an "oven" for the pep to harden a bit faster and to get rid of the smell a bit faster

Im moving to a new and better space for my "prop" work in december and hopefully there will be alot of more pics from there then!

------------------------------------

Now the upload of all the pics on my project!

------------------------------------

Pepakura stage:

Resin Stage:

Fiberglass and Rondo and Fiberglass with some red acrylic paint just so I could tell where I already have been:

Some detailwork! (this parts will be sent to a buddy of mine so he can cut this in wooden- or fiberglass sheets with CNC)

Started out to solder a DIY LED Kit and build Housings for it (temp out of cardstock, I will use thin plastic for the final housings)

Bondoed the "visor" and sanded it down, and well it looks pretty damn good! (still not satisfied but it all comes together slowly)
I just had to give it a try

thats it for now!!

I'll be watching your build for sure! I've got both a Guy Man and Thomas helmet pepped up but that's as far as I've gone. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

As small pic update! Didnt do anything on the Guy Manuel helmet but I had me all wraped up in duckt tape and made a dummy of myself.
Found my old Mark VI armor pieces and testfitted it on the dummy.

The pieces are all smashed up but I will bring this mark VI to life again as soon as Im done with the guy manuel project thats coming together very nicely.
itsto the right in the picture!

thanks again for following my thread!

Do you know how you would do the visor? Because Im planning on doing a Halo Reach EVA helmet but I have no idea how I'm going to get the visor.

Do you know how you would do the visor? Because Im planning on doing a Halo Reach EVA helmet but I have no idea how I'm going to get the visor.

I have built me a vacuumformer (similar to this guys)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maH5Ech0wK8

I will make a silicone mold of the helmet and then cut out the casted visor and fill it with expanding foam so it gets a bit robust.
Then I will use it to vacuumform with and get a pretty tight fit for the helmet!

The plastic I will use is clear PETG and then dye it black

New Update!

A new update, I have been bondoing and sanding for a while now and well this is the result for now still not satisfied but we are getting there!

I've also added a tiny layer of "spray putty" so I can se all those small bumps

Been working on a new halo helmet

I´ve been working on a new halo helmet and well heres the result!

I will vacuumform the visor after this "pepakura" when it gets all smooth and shiny so I get a really acurate visor and bucket!

enjoy chief and guy!

it's time to get lucky and make contact. lol sorry I have the lastest daft punk cd so yeah i'm a fan. plus if you put that helm with Spartan-mark 6 it just looks like a boss.

it's time to get lucky and make contact. lol sorry I have the lastest daft punk cd so yeah i'm a fan. plus if you put that helm with Spartan-mark 6 it just looks like a boss.

thank you man!

-------------------

well sad news... I dont have a place to work at for 1,5months Im gonna change to a better and bigger work area so stay tuned!

I've made another helmet though in lack "projects" to complete and heres the newes helm

Emile - Halo Reach

I will make a complete vacuumformed visor in the front with the lovely skull on it it will be awesome

ENJOY!!

groupshoot

me wearing it

I finaly have an update on the Guy Manuel Helmet and here it is!

watch and enjoy, now I just need to find something to make the housings of (cardstock atm) any idea?

I will start building on the helmet again as soon as I get my new work area in middle of dec!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say - Daft Punk helmet? Cool as hell :) and im looking forward to the Emile build also! Looking good.

Gotta say - Daft Punk helmet? Cool as hell :) and im looking forward to the Emile build also! Looking good.

indeed its cool its all chrome leds, and visor! yeah me to! I just have to wait on my workarea and then the buildoff will start! Im kinda looking forward to it tbh

stay tuned for more updates!!

*UPDATE*

Found some wonderful diffusers from IKEA xD

the breadbords work perfekt to difuse the light and make the light even over the surface!!

(the video doesnt give it justice, I will cut the parts out and fit them in the housing with the colorfilm on the outside so stay tuned)

**UPDATE**

I've fixed some more parts now!

A guy 3D-printed out the "ear-parts" to me after I modeled them in solidworks and heres the result:

............Right.........................Left...........

***Update***

and well here they are, fits like a glove in the helmet and looks pretty awesome!!

----Right--------Left----

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant have one without the other?

I decided to pep another helmet in lack of work area to complete my guy manuel helmet and here is the result, is it to big?

Will get my keys to the new work area this tuesday and hopefully start the finish touches on my guy manuel helmet

Hopefully back in action in a week or so!

I've got my new workshop and spent the whole day moving stuff from my appartment and my old shop to the new shop

It still needs some organization but finally its all there, heres some pics from tho old one to the new one

[The old shop, and well thats it]

[This is the new shop, way better, bigger and more comfy]

[I still need some more organization to do, soon I am on it again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back