Aztlan's Halo 4 Rogue + Binary Rifle + M6H + Exo-suit WIP, PIC HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVAkura

EDIT: Each piece can be found on these pages.

SAM_1173_zps67ad1f48.jpg

Helmet: 1,3 (Pepped and resin applied, slush casted, bondo shaping started)
Shoulders: 2,3 (Pepped and resin applied)
Torso Front: 5 (Pepped and resin applied, slush casted)
Torso Back: 6 (Pepped and resin applied, slush casted)

Binary Rifle: 8,9,10, and completed pics on 25 (Completed)

SAM_1080_zpsb3ad4826.jpg

M6H Sidearm: 12,13 (Completed)

SAM_0929_zpsae2d8eb0.jpg

HALO 4 UNSC Combat Knife: 42 (Completed)

SAM_1242_zpsf547c59b.jpg

Exo-Suit: 14-28, 32-34, 38-40 (COMPLETED!)

SAM_1334_zps306de5fb.jpg

FOAM Halo 4 Master Chief Helmet: 29 through Current (Construction completed. Next will be PVA and fitting the visor)

SAM_1129_zps5ed15e23.jpg

UNSC Armor Ability, Lethbridge Industrial T-27 Responsive Holographic Form Emulator: 35, 36, and 38 (Completed)

SAM_1185_zps5671eea8.jpg

UNSC Armor Ability, Lethbridge Industrial Series 12 Single Operator Lift Apparatus (SOLA) Jetpack: 37 and 38 (Completed)

SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg

AI Chip: 43 (Completed)

SAM_1255_zpsa270bab7.jpg

Type 31 Needle Rifle: 43 - Current

Z-040 Attenuation Field Generator/Localized (Pulse Grenade): 41-51 (Completed)

SAM_1322_zps124ddcc1.jpg

YouTube video showing the EVA forming process I use for making the Exo-suit

#1 Contouring and Forming EVA for armor

Other Video tutorials can be found here:

#2 Making EVA detail lines

#3 Uses for Dremel with EVA

#4 Simple Electronics tips (LEDS)

#5 Creating Templates Tips

#6 Continuation of contour lines and templates

NEW! #7 EVA cutting techniques

Well, this is my build thread, and I will update it frequently!

Constructive criticism and comments always welcome!

Attachments

• SAM_1173_zps67ad1f48.jpg
    SAM_1173_zps67ad1f48.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 481
  • SAM_1080_zpsb3ad4826.jpg
    SAM_1080_zpsb3ad4826.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 803
  • SAM_0929_zpsae2d8eb0.jpg
    SAM_0929_zpsae2d8eb0.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 469
  • SAM_1242_zpsf547c59b.jpg
    SAM_1242_zpsf547c59b.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 657
  • SAM_1322_zps124ddcc1.jpg
    SAM_1322_zps124ddcc1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 430
  • SAM_1255_zpsa270bab7.jpg
    SAM_1255_zpsa270bab7.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 438
  • SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg
    SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 468
  • SAM_1185_zps5671eea8.jpg
    SAM_1185_zps5671eea8.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 391
  • SAM_1129_zps5ed15e23.jpg
    SAM_1129_zps5ed15e23.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 526
  • SAM_1334_zps306de5fb.jpg
    SAM_1334_zps306de5fb.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 2,190
Last edited by a moderator:
Great job on the helmet. I will start on the same files as soon as I am able to. I am eagerly awaiting the rogue chest as well. On the top of the helmet where the visor meets the crown are is their a lip on top that goes across all the way. Can you post a pic of the top where the visor connects to the helmet top please.

Yes, there is a lip there. I failed to mention in the beginning of my post, I am going to be creating a vacuum formed face shield as it seems the only plausible way to create a near perfect piece.

per your request:
SAM_0783_zpsa00e1508.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_0783_zpsa00e1508.jpg
    SAM_0783_zpsa00e1508.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 449
This is looking really awesome right now, I'll be watching for sure
Also planning on using Aztlan's Rogue shoulders when I start building

This is looking really awesome right now, I'll be watching for sure
Also planning on using Aztlan's Rogue shoulders when I start building

Thanks! I took a closer look at the shoulders today... they should be fun for sure... 44 pages of fun that is!!!

Awesome pep job. May I ask what you scaled the helm at?

Thank you! The helmet is not scaled at all. It is scaled as it came from Aztlan. I will add though, the picture of me wearing the helmet is BEFORE it was connected in the back. It is impossible to put it on when it is completed. I forgot to mention this in my initial post. If you are planning on building this, be prepared for it to be a two piece helmet or omitting the lower portion of the back. I am going to attempt the two piece simply because I like the way the back lower piece flows.

Great pep work! Edges seem very crisp. Keep it up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Thank you, and I will be having a lot of fun with this... just have to get the feeling back in my finger from so much scalpel work!

The rogue helmet looks good :) Plus your pep work looks really clean! Keep up the good work Spartan!

Pat-

Thank you very much!

Great job on the helmet. I will start on the same files as soon as I am able to. I am eagerly awaiting the rogue chest as well. On the top of the helmet where the visor meets the crown are is their a lip on top that goes across all the way. Can you post a pic of the top where the visor connects to the helmet top please.

Thank you. And I got back to you on the visor question above.

I've actually rearranged the shoulder files to be down to 15 pages apiece and began to build one :D
I can send the file to you if you want, didn't cut anything, just moved stuff around. can't guarantee that anything that belongs together is on the same page though

Thanks again for all the compliments.

Yes, the visor has me a bit worried, but I have done a ton of research (and will be doing a lot more) on vacuum forming. I have most of the materials to build my own, and I am sure that is what I will do. Building the buck will be fun, and I have some solid ideas how I will do it. I am shooting for as accurate as I can manage.

Philosoraptorr, DOH!!!! I just went and got all 44 pages printed out this morning. $55! I was not a happy camper. Yet another reason it kind of sucks to live on an Island (but I know I could never survive on the mainland!).

Quick update before I get to knocking out these wicked shoulders:

As stated before, I got the shoulders printed out this morning.
I also purchased my bondo brand resin for the rondo stage. I still have to wait for it to warm up here... we are still below freezing. But, I hear the weather will kick it up a bit next week!
Work station is all cleared and ready, and coffee is brewed. In fact... the only thing that is keeping me from starting is this post!

With that... off I go. Will post update in a bit.

UPDATE: No need to reply since this post is high up the list anyways :)

Just finished scoring the fold lines for all 44 pages!!! 10 hours later, that works out to 13 1/2 minutes each. Man, my neck and elbow are killing me!!! BUT, so worth it. I will take a break for a few hours and start the cutting and assembly process. I am so excited to see what these things look like in person.

Just a quick shot of the two "books", both after scoring the fold lines.

scoring_zps248e6154.jpg

Attachments

• scoring_zps248e6154.jpg
    scoring_zps248e6154.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 481
That's too bad, :/
I like to try to use as little paper as possible, it's a lot cheaper, and you waste less
Sorry you didn't see that in time!
anyways, good luck with those, I'm about to go work on mine too :D

Well, once again Aztlan did a wicked awesome job! I have completed the upper portion of the left shoulder and have to quit for a bit because I have used my allotted cuss words for the day!

There are a few spots that are very difficult to do, but patience and taking a break usually saw me through it. I put partially assembled the two pieces that are separate from the main shoulder and just "posed" them in position for the picture. They will need to be completed separately because they are hollow, which means I will have to do a two-piece rondo job on them before they get attached to the final product. I was anticipating this.

Anyways, it is now time for a photo! (I have more photos of the build in progress, but I don't want to clog up this post... unless y'all want me to!) COMMENTS WELCOME!
SAM_0805_zpsa2209756.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_0805_zpsa2209756.jpg
    SAM_0805_zpsa2209756.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 389
Great job, have you picked a color scheme yet? Did you change the scale on the file or is it at what aztlan set it? Reason I ask is that I believe I read on his blog that he sized them to 1 to 1 scale. And thank you for the top pic.

looking sweet! I cant wait to see the final product! That visor will be tricky

Funny you said that, as I had to backtrack and noticed TheBradinator said the same thing! I am not too worried about the visor, as I have a lot of experience with so many mediums. Trust me when I say that you all will be in awe when this is finished. For myself, anything less is a no-go :)

Great job, have you picked a color scheme yet? Did you change the scale on the file or is it at what aztlan set it? Reason I ask is that I believe I read on his blog that he sized them to 1 to 1 scale. And thank you for the top pic.

I have not picked the colors yet. In fact, I am just trying to do as much research on the Rogue as I can find time to do, just so I can be a bit more up to speed with the details. The scale is just as Aztlan had it set to, default.

Here is a question for all you HaloHeads out there. Would it be blasphemy for me to build and carry a Z-750 with this outfit? I want it to be accurate, and think that would not be too much of a leap.

Another chapter closed as I wrapped up all the pepping for the left shoulder. Until it warms up here, I am stuck pepping... so I guess I will be heading onto the right shoulder tomorrow!

Here is the Left Shoulders components for your viewing pleasure :p

LeftShoulder_zps80d247a5.jpg

Attachments

• LeftShoulder_zps80d247a5.jpg
    LeftShoulder_zps80d247a5.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 408
EVAkura Hello!
It is an amazing job you're doing. The helmet and shoulders look great.
It looks to have a lot of spirit to build the armor and I like that.
Also wanted to warn you that already to download the torso here

to harden all parts of the armor design is to use rondo
I hope to see more photos of the construction of the armature...
greetings XD

Aztlan, I saw that you had posted the torso today. My heart filled with joy with each and every one of the 81 pages of Pepping I have to look forward to doing!!! LOL. I will probably finish the right shoulder by Monday. That will put us at the 15th of the month. I guess I will have to dip into my savings account to get the funds to print the torso on Tuesday! I figure that I have to wait for just after the New Year until I gain access to a heated shop to start the hardening process. Ah, my timeline is looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back