Aztlan's Halo 4 Rogue + Binary Rifle + M6H + Exo-suit WIP, PIC HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAN YOU ARE WAY TOO GOOD AT THIS! made your H4 MC shoulder, looks like im doin the reach forearm and bicep! love it man:)

-Ian

I am so glad to hear you like it, and that the files are getting used!

I sat down yesterday and forced myself to learn "paths" in Gimp. OMG, what a game changer. Just so you know, the pattern for the H4 MC Shoulder has changed a bit, to be more game accurate. Here is what I came up with using the paths tool.

Here is what the new template looks like (the file can be found in its thread)

H4MCFoamShoulderTemplatebyEVAkuraFINALReducedSize_zps65bbfa96.jpg

And here is the rear and top/mid section of the needle rifle :D

needleriflerearoutline_zps25663f72.jpg

needleriflemiddletopoutline_zps34f35e01.jpg

Attachments

• H4MCFoamShoulderTemplatebyEVAkuraFINALReducedSize_zps65bbfa96.jpg
    H4MCFoamShoulderTemplatebyEVAkuraFINALReducedSize_zps65bbfa96.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 219
  • needleriflerearoutline_zps25663f72.jpg
    needleriflerearoutline_zps25663f72.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 196
  • needleriflemiddletopoutline_zps34f35e01.jpg
    needleriflemiddletopoutline_zps34f35e01.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 192
Just ordered the highest grade EVA mats (24 of them) and some Smooth-On products... this should be an exciting month :)

And thanks for the compliments everyone! I am feeling the love for sure :D

I sat down yesterday and forced myself to learn "paths" in Gimp. OMG, what a game changer. Just so you know, the pattern for the H4 MC Shoulder has changed a bit, to be more game accurate. Here is what I came up with using the paths tool.

What is Gimp? is it a program you are using?

by the way, everything is looking great :)
Maybe one day ill use your templates for H4 since they seem easy to follow. I just still dont like the armor much lol

Gimp is kind of like Microsoft Paint

Gimp is halfway between Paint and Photoshop, and best of all its FREE.
(As a tool, it is closer to photoshop in its capabilities rather than to paint)

Paths are great and all, but they are nothing compared to when you learn Layer Masks lol.
It's great to be able to turn things on/off and erase things using the Layer Mask without permanently removing them like when you use the eraser. It's the difference between being able to adjust something and having to start over in my opinion.
I will say though, that will layer masks, you should get familiar with switching the 100% hardness brush on and off. It's a pain to go through 50 layers trying to find which layer has the little smudge/shadow on it because you didn't erase things in the Layer Mask good enough.

Also, when you do curves on a path and you are modifying the geometry/profiles of the curves (the lines you drag attached to each point) I find that you can greatly improve the detail by modifying every other point, then deleting the points between those with Ctrl+Shift+Click and re-adding the points you just deleted with Ctrl+Click (or was it Shift+Click....?). It basically re-creates the point with the knowledge of the curve geometry (if that makes any sense).
It's a little trick I came across which helped me improve the detail of my curves/splines.

Gimp can be found here. As with any download I do, I ALWAYS check this site for it has the backing of CNET, a trusted source. But...... just like 4Shared, it has a lot of advertising. Be sure to click on the link right below the word Gimp (it will have a "CNET Secure Download" wording on the button).

Also, be careful while installing as I forgot if there was any extra and unnecessary software bundled with it. To err on the side of caution, read everything when installing, and install nothing but the program.

Been super busy with multiple projects lately. I am about ready to make a cast of my combat knife, and still working on various templates. I am waiting on my mats to show up (hopefully tomorrow or the next day) so I can finish off a project for a friend - H3 Forearms custom made. I am holding off with the construction of the Needle rifle until my new scroll saw shows up, and am about to start 2 custom H4 Master Chief full foam builds. Lastly, tomorrow, I will be pouring my mother mold of this:

SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg

And an arsty photo of the same thing:

SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg

Not pictured is the surrounding walls I made so that they will be seamlessly interlocking. I will be creating 6 of them to make one giant master mold. I will then be able to create 30"x24" sheets out of either latex or Dragonskin :)

Attachments

• SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg
    SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 197
  • SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg
    SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 202
Been super busy with multiple projects lately. I am about ready to make a cast of my combat knife, and still working on various templates. I am waiting on my mats to show up (hopefully tomorrow or the next day) so I can finish off a project for a friend - H3 Forearms custom made. I am holding off with the construction of the Needle rifle until my new scroll saw shows up, and am about to start 2 custom H4 Master Chief full foam builds. Lastly, tomorrow, I will be pouring my mother mold of this:

SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg

And an arsty photo of the same thing:

SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg

Not pictured is the surrounding walls I made so that they will be seamlessly interlocking. I will be creating 6 of them to make one giant master mold. I will then be able to create 30"x24" sheets out of either latex or Dragonskin :)

That's so awesome looking. I hope after all that work you just did, that the size of the hex bolts is %100 to your liking this time. However, with your level of commitment and dedication, even if it wasn't, I know you'd start all over to make it right. Looking forward to seeing more on that H3 forearm build as well.;)

Attachments

• SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg
    SAM_1537_zps9ef692c8.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 215
  • SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg
    SAM_1536_zpse1154830.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 199
That's so awesome looking. I hope after all that work you just did, that the size of the hex bolts is %100 to your liking this time. However, with your level of commitment and dedication, even if it wasn't, I know you'd start all over to make it right. Looking forward to seeing more on that H3 forearm build as well.;)

Good news on both fronts! First, my shipment of new mats showed up today along with everything else! I had USPS, UPS, and FedEx at my house today! So, I now have everything I need to make the forearms, including "reference" action figures... ha ha!

Also, the mold pulled great. I have a bit of cleaning up to do on it yet, and I have a easy solution to reduce the thickness of the "walls" between the hex heads, which will put this as close to an exact match as I can possibly get without using a CNC :D

Thanks Arcanine :)

Well, it has been a long time since I have updated, but this is because I have not worked on MY armor that much lately :)

Today, to celebrate the 405th moving forward, I decided to "brand" one of my Rogue shoulders. Here is what I came up with:

The beginning

SAM_1569_zpsc56a6f0a.jpg

And here is where I am. I know it needs a decent amount of work to clean up the edges and also to make some repairs where air bubbles were, and also where I got a bit aggressive and broke a few of the thin walls... but all in due time :)

SAM_1571_zpsdf919864.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_1571_zpsdf919864.jpg
    SAM_1571_zpsdf919864.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 213
  • SAM_1569_zpsc56a6f0a.jpg
    SAM_1569_zpsc56a6f0a.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 207
Everytime I check your thread I get blown away by the awesomness! xd

PS: This deserves to go into the ELITE section!

Pat-

I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to use the new logo yet...

That's the sense I got as well, that while the overall concept was decided, it still is going through a refining process before it's considered "finalized" and the exact terms of usage haven't been nailed down yet.

That's the sense I got as well, that while the overall concept was decided, it still is going through a refining process before it's considered "finalized" and the exact terms of usage haven't been nailed down yet.
In terms of type and total design yes. but the logo itself can be used as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back