Uk spartans and their suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel62sir

Hello to all the uk Spartans lurking here in the darker corners of the 405th, I have been wondering for some time what suits and weapons everyone in the uk has either in the works or completed. I myself have a halo 3 mk6 in mixed materials pep, foam and plastic.
Also who's going to the London comic and film con in the summer? I'd like to hear back from you guys.

Hi there, lurker here, been skuling in the shadows for a while now, got plans for an ODST suit, M7S amongst other things, but as my signature says, there've been a few issues on that front. Sticking with pep for the suit, still not sure about the weapon, I'm thinking foam or possibly pep, give myself a challenge!

Hi xfor, thanks for replying. I've made a pep ODST suit in the past and hated it so went with Andrew cooks foam suit and loved it it's worth a look. For the weapon I'm building mine out of foam for the time being as I have no outdoor workspace. Keep me updated I'd like to hear on other unsc personnel over here.

Just have the one halo Reach suit. As for weapons, I have an MA37 and a Gravity Hammer.

Won't be at the London Con, but I will be at EM Con in Nottingham in full spartan gear next Sunday!

EMCon looks great, but it's the weekend before i fly out of the country so i really should be packing etc.

As for London... Now I have the helmet finished i'd be happy to go, even if i just wear the helmet and don't have the rest of the suit finished.

Thanks for replying shadow and verdan, I've checked out Your builds and they're brilliant. Mines been on hold since we've moved to a smaller place with no crafting room

Hey fellow UNSC personnel, quick update. I've finished the build of a ma5 variant just ready for hardening and paint. Also working on magnums and a BR for my nephew, as soon as I can il add pics for you guys

Good stuff angel, I've been slowly accumulating resources, poor student life has its drawbacks. Hoping to get an MA5 variant or an M7S done over the summer, lots of free time. Going to the London Con, I'll keep an eagle eye out for Spartans!

I can understand there dude, I work part time so after bills come out I've not got a lot of spare cash. I'm glad I've still got some materials from other projects

Hay guys I'm in process of making odst suit, have helmet, minus visor, lower spinal plates fibre glasses, and the lower back piece done, I have started back pack in pep, just wondering about rest of suit and which pep files are best if anyone can help with a list that would be great. Thank u in advance will put up pics soon.

Hi daihat, I've built an ODST from Hugh holders files and that came out fine, I later built one out of foam floor mats that was so much easier. Andrew cook (dafrontlinetrooper) has some templates that are super easy to use with videos to go with.

I'm also planning on using Hugh's files, but I think I like the look of Kirrou's shoulder pads more, it's more like the Halo 3:ODST style. As for the weapons, my M7S file is labelled as being unfolded by HARDING29, should be an interesting experience to build a weapon out of pep.

Sounds cool Connor, I've tried to pep weapons loads of times and they've not turned out really well.

Hey guys, I'm having a nightmare rebuilding my armour in foam the arm parts no problems, the thighs and shins are causing me to pull my hair out. Any help would be apreciated

Just to start this one up again, I am working on a Spartan 3 set of Air Assault Mk V armour, but due to money and stuff its going to be a very long project

I feel your pain Cainnech, I've had to drip-feed money into buying materials, and had just about got enough together to start, when I realised that my printer doesn't like 200gsm paper. -_- Does anyone have any suggestions for relatively cheap printers able to handle heavy card?

Hey guys, Saturday some freinds went to LFCC, even in the sweltering heat I managed to showcase my suit for all of a half hour. E70DD358-2257-4E3D-A312-1ABAC4B3EFF3_zpsgqv6vaps.jpg

Attachments

• E70DD358-2257-4E3D-A312-1ABAC4B3EFF3_zpsgqv6vaps.jpg
    E70DD358-2257-4E3D-A312-1ABAC4B3EFF3_zpsgqv6vaps.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 273
Hey Guys, New Member here, been keeping track of halo armour for a while and thought I would finally have a go! Just working on the Halo MK V master chief helmet, half way through assembly but REALLY not looking forward to the fibreglassing part coming up!

On the printer comment, I'm using 210 gsm card stock from staples (about £6) and its going through a HP desk jet 1050A without any issues so far, think I picked it up from ASDA for about £30. Its a top feed as well so no bending after printing.

Try standard paper then use a spray glue to stick the paper to the card. I used 3M Spraymount and it works, plus its repositionable.

Bit late to this but just getting back into the swing of it all (2 kids & only just got my space back-ish)

I have MKVI armour with an SMG, Plasma Rifle and unfinished Magnum.

upatepy5.jpg

Attachments

• upatepy5.jpg
    upatepy5.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 329
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back