Grabacr's First Halo Build. ODST (EVA foam) (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, do you plan on doing the helmet in foam? I haven't come across any foam ODST helmets, or for that matter, many foam helmets at all. But it can be done. I have done two myself (Halo 3 Recon, N7 Breather). And one that kinda was meh. (batman) It would be interesting to see that work. Keep up the updates. I always wanted to do an ODST in foam, and you are inspiring me to start preparing to get another project rolling. Keep up the good work!

Out of curiosity, do you plan on doing the helmet in foam? I haven't come across any foam ODST helmets, or for that matter, many foam helmets at all. But it can be done. I have done two myself (Halo 3 Recon, N7 Breather). And one that kinda was meh. (batman) It would be interesting to see that work. Keep up the updates. I always wanted to do an ODST in foam, and you are inspiring me to start preparing to get another project rolling. Keep up the good work!

I am actually building the helmet with pepakura, bondo, resin, and so on. But I might do a second helmet just for the heck of if out of EVA foam. So if I get around to it, I will definitely post progress pics.

So today I drew up the little winglet things, that are above the belt but below the upper chest of plate, based off of DFT's design. But I found his design that he posted to be overly simplified, so of course I fixed that. I will post pics tomorrow, after I get home from school, on my design, but to give you an idea of what on Earth I am taking about here is Andrew's (DFT) template.
_20131209_194558.JPG

So I just finished the centrepiece and cut out the base for the wingthingys. Here is my progress.

IMG_20140910_195848.jpg

Who doesn't love late night uploads!? The next step for this thing now is going to be plasti-dip. So what do you all think?
IMG_20140913_223811.jpg

Really digging this. And I agree with Heedless, the circular middle part looks awesome and very clean.

Yay plastic dip!

Thanks. Funniest part about that circle is that the first one I cut out, I used a compass and a tonne of other stuff trying to make it perfect, only for it to turn out like garbage. I was really frustrated that all of my preparation and stuff didn't work. So I was in a "screw it" kind of mood and just freehanded that one. I was just beyond irate when that one glued on there turned out almost perfect. But I'm laughing now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back