Tracker Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

UPDATE: FILE RELEASED, DOWNLOAD FILE HERE:
Unfolded by nerdtron99
http://www.4shared.com/file/PGes8GFnce/Ted_Mk_VII_Tracker_unfold.html

I just handed this in to my animation teacher so i'll be sending this to some kind people to be made ready for the forum
:) Here it is:

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120829AM_zps0f3dd6f0.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120825AM_zpse53aac41.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120819AM_zps8dd92dc1.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120822AM_zpse711a1d3.png

I understand that someone from here is working on the tracker too, but i've been planning to show progress ever since I started to model (for my animation class) so here's a teaser: (I'll hopefully finish it by January)

ScreenShot2013-12-16at53803PM_zps4a4f9924.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120829AM_zps0f3dd6f0.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120825AM_zpse53aac41.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120819AM_zps8dd92dc1.png

ScreenShot2014-02-01at120822AM_zpse711a1d3.png

ScreenShot2013-12-16at53803PM_zps4a4f9924.png

Last edited by a moderator:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been waiting so long for someone to model this helmet! and you are doing an excellent job! keep up the good work!

I can just feel the excitement XD
Hahahaha yeah! I appreciate the enthusiasm, helps me to not give up on this lol. It's seriously so frustrating... Wish I knew more about blender cause this would be finished quicker. How are your models going scotsmin? Good job on the soldier btw! I've been waiting for someone to model that for so long jeez.

Just a small update... Hopefully I finish this soon, I know it isn't much but i'm going all out on this tonight

ScreenShot2014-01-30at51239PM_zpseb70069f.png

Attachments

• ScreenShot2014-01-30at51239PM_zpseb70069f.png
    ScreenShot2014-01-30at51239PM_zpseb70069f.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 240
I can forsee a few mesh issues, but aside from that, very good! I know of a few people who will be over the moon.

This helmet just screams electroluminescence and some sort of camera lens/view finder combo to me. I saw a video camera at the thrift store yesterday that had the latter parts necessary... especially the 1" color screen. Maybe something for my next project :)

This helmet just screams electroluminescence and some sort of camera lens/view finder combo to me. I saw a video camera at the thrift store yesterday that had the latter parts necessary... especially the 1" color screen. Maybe something for my next project :)
Make it so! at this point I'm convinced you can do anything lol
my project is sadly on hold temporarily due to school/ work time constraints but yours is really keeping me hooked :)
really nice foam work too!!

as for this build, I'm really excited to see how this comes out!

Well Ted, it looks great. As usual, I'm not the expert on double faces and such so I can't help you there, but what I can do is say:

No pressure!

A lot of people are excited for this, and I speak for most of us when I say we can help, just give us a holler.

Sorta a late reply, but yes, my Soldier Chest is done... without the mag pouches. It's on my portfolio, link in sig.

looking very good!

I can forsee a few mesh issues, but aside from that, very good! I know of a few people who will be over the moon.

Thanks :) This is actually my 4th 3D model. So far I've only done an Army of Two mask, Inglorious Basterds bowie knife, and Garrus' face from Mass Effect. I've been procrastinating A LOT. This is my project for animation... Its due tomorrow lol.

It'd be awesome if someone actually built this! I love your build btw! Been lurking on it ever since it started

Make it so! at this point I'm convinced you can do anything lol
my project is sadly on hold temporarily due to school/ work time constraints but yours is really keeping me hooked :)
really nice foam work too!!

as for this build, I'm really excited to see how this comes out!

I appreciate the interest :) Same thing with me in terms of time management and school, it sucks

Well Ted, it looks great. As usual, I'm not the expert on double faces and such so I can't help you there, but what I can do is say:

No pressure!

A lot of people are excited for this, and I speak for most of us when I say we can help, just give us a holler.

Sorta a late reply, but yes, my Soldier Chest is done... without the mag pouches. It's on my portfolio, link in sig.

The pressure is kinda on me atm, in terms of handing it in tomorrow (WITH TEXTURE) for my animation project. Both of which is my first time attempting. Maybe its just me being a noob at Blender and 3D modelling itself but this is SO frustrating lol. As far as I can tell a lot of the vertices aren't properly symmetrical, and there are probably other stuff that need fixing and I have no idea how to- so thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to pm the file to anyone willing to make it pep-ready right after I hand it in for school :) I'm not really worried about it being perfect as my project but I am bothered by the fact that if it does happen to be pepped by someone that it won't be accurate. I plan to build it too and i'm a perfectionist so maybe that's why hahaha.

Anyway, thanks everyone! Here's a small update:
ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png

Attachments

• ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png
    ScreenShot2014-01-31at24829AM_zps8d021df7.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 222
looking great. I love and hate the halo 4 armors. they are so nice and detailed but a pain to model, even bigger pain to pep. keep up the great work. do you have plans for any other helmet or armors.

Still looking good. I'd like to review the file once you're done, just to check the geometry over and such, but overall, it looks very good!

I finished it guys! Latest photo on the first page!

looking great. I love and hate the halo 4 armors. they are so nice and detailed but a pain to model, even bigger pain to pep. keep up the great work. do you have plans for any other helmet or armors.

I definitely agree. Now I understand why they don't get much attention from modellers lol THEY ARE A PAIN. Even more when its from scratch lol.

if you can send me the file once you finish this i'd gladly unfold it for pep!

Thanks, i'll let you know!!! You've been the first to be so interested on this so its the least I can do :)

Still looking good. I'd like to review the file once you're done, just to check the geometry over and such, but overall, it looks very good!

I'll PM you the link for download tomorrow, thank you so much haha there's so many mistakes.

Right, the file's been tweaked slightly to allow for a head to fit in it, as well as some glaring geometry issues that I needed to deal with to get it Pep-ready (mainly open edges and inverted faces).

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to unveil to you the MJOLNIR G2 Tracker helmet:

1wqPrSN.jpg

I'll have the file sent to Ted for final review before handing it out - I may yet unfold the file and tweak a few more things before the final release.

Attachments

• 1wqPrSN.jpg
    1wqPrSN.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 217
Since I saw that you're gonna do a trackerhelmet, I couldn't wait for it to be released. This will definately be build! Also wanna point out that you sir, did an excellent job on modelling this badboy. I'm really looking forward to see some more models made by you :) Oh, and THANK YOU! for the time and afford you put into this! :)

I won't do any quality control unless somebody asked

Already did that. There's a few issues with the helmet that I'll need to fix to bring it up to game accuracy, which I may need help with, but it's a solid, buildable file. Spent a few hours in Blender making sure of that and cleaning up geometry errors :p

This makes me really happy.. hahaha :) Thanks everyone for the help and the support. I'm happy to have finally contributed something to the forum. It was my pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back