Custom Reach Spartan (+MA5C Assault Rifle[ONGOING]) *WIP, PIC HEAVY*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiercingThread7

Jr Member
Hello Again to everybody! After Receiving some Bondo, Resin, and fiberglass over the holidays, I have decided to continue on the project that was hinted at the end of my M6 Magnum Thread. I have made only very little progress, due to being busy and working to pay off a friend's guitar (MY SEVEN FOOT TALL SHELF FELL!) but I will have pictures posted soon. I feel this is going to be very time consuming, but totally worth it in the end! :)

2014-01-05152020_zps025bce04.jpg
My shelf showed me how evil it really is. It fell over and did this.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05152020_zps025bce04.jpg
    2014-01-05152020_zps025bce04.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 316
First Progress pics.

2014-01-05150016_zpse5a7c26f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5 layers glued.

2014-01-05150134_zps72e5b3fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Remaining Layers.

2014-01-05150224_zpscaaf12fb.jpg
2014-01-05150249_zpsd66a7f0a.jpg
Clip is Bondo'd and Sanded. Another layer or two of resin needs to be applied to the cardboard for added durability.

This is all I have done at the time. More Pics will be posted when I make some Progress, Probably when I have all of the layers glued together.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05150224_zpscaaf12fb.jpg
    2014-01-05150224_zpscaaf12fb.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 300
  • 2014-01-05150249_zpsd66a7f0a.jpg
    2014-01-05150249_zpsd66a7f0a.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 307
I have made progress! All of the basic layers (No Fine Details...YET!) have been glued together and I now have a shape to begin sculpting with Bondo to round out the blocky edges. As I think all updates should have pics, here they are!

2014-01-07181245_zps0b86446c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Basic Shape.

2014-01-07181306_zps1648a669.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I think the shape/outline for the ammo counter is too wide, but then again, I'm not seven feel tall. :p

2014-01-07181227_zpsd9b46c97.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The Assault rifle base with my other Props. (Energy Sword was bought online.)

This is all I have so far. let me know what you guys/girls think. comments and opinions are always welcome! :)

Time for an update! I have Bondo'd some of the parts that absolutely needed rounding and added some small details. I have yet to Bondo the last of the blocky/bumpy edges and add the FINE details, such as the cooling vents, barrel, etc... Progress pics, as always!

2014-01-12205729_zpscb5c1ddb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I still have to do a little bit more on the grip.

2014-01-12205822_zps692b0fbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Clip inside of the clip housing.

2014-01-12210903_zps85a7c0ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Added some textured foam to make the shoulder stock a little... snazzy.

Next update will probably include some more Bondo work, but may be a while, considering I have a lack of disposable cups.
don't be afraid to reply with any comments/questions! this thread was Silent from the start, please help me change that!

Ugh! That poor acoustic! *Gets paranoid and moves Ovation as far as Humanly possible from all tall objects*

Nice work on the rifle :)

Ugh! That poor acoustic! *Gets paranoid and moves Ovation as far as Humanly possible from all tall objects*

Nice work on the rifle :)

Tall things can almost be as devious as ONI! Thanks for the positive feedback! You and BiGHARYSCOTSMiN are sprouting this thread, thank you!

Really interesting build so far. You're really rocking the slice-method! Keep it up, I'm definately looking forward to see this rifle finished! :D

Really interesting build so far. You're really rocking the slice-method! Keep it up, I'm definately looking forward to see this rifle finished! :D

Thanks! I am sticking with sliced files for now and the near future. Pep is a little intimidating. I have a slight fear that if i start with pep, it will warp and make me frustrated.

Thanks! I am sticking with sliced files for now and the near future. Pep is a little intimidating. I have a slight fear that if i start with pep, it will warp and make me frustrated.

You're welcome! :) Well I think even with alot of pepping experience ,pepping a rifle is a pain in the @**. In addition to that theres no proper way to strenghten the weapon from the inside, as far as I know. Currently I am building a dmr out of EVA with pvc pipe inside, which is about to turn out great and is lots more easy than breaking your fingers with.itsy-bitsy-pep-pieces.

You're welcome! :) Well I think even with alot of pepping experience ,pepping a rifle is a pain in the @**. In addition to that theres no proper way to strenghten the weapon from the inside, as far as I know. Currently I am building a dmr out of EVA with pvc pipe inside, which is about to turn out great and is lots more easy than breaking your fingers with.itsy-bitsy-pep-pieces.

I am going to start on a suit of foam armor after I get some EVA mats. My Sliced weapons will feel a little incomplete without a Spartan to comfort them in their loneliness.

My ability? ^^ I'm really not that much of a pro.
And nah, you don't know who else subscribed to your thread, not everybody is telling you straight ahead. ;)
It's very interesting to see what can be done with a sliced base and good bondo work. I'm planning to do more sliced weapons, since it's much easier to do than a pep build, also I can use a laser cutter, so even small detail cuts are possible :D

My ability? ^^ I'm really not that much of a pro.
And nah, you don't know who else subscribed to your thread, not everybody is telling you straight ahead. ;)
It's very interesting to see what can be done with a sliced base and good bondo work. I'm planning to do more sliced weapons, since it's much easier to do than a pep build, also I can use a laser cutter, so even small detail cuts are possible :D

Your mark VI and VII are great! The cuts are clean and everything is aligned nicely. don't try to fool me. Love the unfolds too. Also, the only thing I have that will make good details is... A SOLDERING IRON. xD

Subbing to this. Looks good so far according to my noob eye :p

I was wondering though, what did you use for the layers? Is it foam? or are they sheets of plastic?

Small update of unfortunate news. no pics at the moment.

After measuring the assault rifle and comparing it to the MA5C on the HaloNation Wiki, I have noticed my assault rifle came out to almost two and a half inches shorter than the real deal, but as it is the perfect fit for me, I will keep continuing to build it as it is. More updates will be posted soon. progress may also be slow, as it is pretty cold where i am right now and I do not have a functioning heater (One that does not have stuff in it that will burn the house down!)

Have a great day, 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back