( You know you're a 405th member when...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you are a 405th member when you by a gallon of bondo, and then have to explain the the cashier that "no, this is not for a vehicle, it is for making game accurate suits of Halo armor, and then launch into an explaination of how to make it, and then you start getting weird stares from the people behind you in line.

You know your a 405th member when you spend two day in a row in 104° heat working on your props and armor before a con (true story)

You know your a 405th member when you only go on Facebook to check your Regiments page (Pacific) :D

You know you're a 405th member, when you've already got a number of armor projects on your plate, but you keep adding more.

You know you're a 405th member, when you've already got a number of armor projects on your plate, but you keep adding more.

I have at least 7 in my head and I haven't even finished even one piece. lol. Still looking at my pepped H3 Rogue and trying to figure out how I want to mod it for a Reach-esque "prototype" version.

I have at least 7 in my head and I haven't even finished even one piece. lol. Still looking at my pepped H3 Rogue and trying to figure out how I want to mod it for a Reach-esque "prototype" version.

That sounds like what I'm doing. I've been working on transitional armor as in evolution of Reach to 4.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

That sounds like what I'm doing. I've been working on transitional armor as in evolution of Reach to 4.

I have three Rogue plans going in my head. The first being the Reach "prototype," then I'm thinking I'll just do a bust for my Halo 3 build (not as interested in doing a full H3 Mk VI build), and then a revised H4 Rogue using the H3 as the foundation, because I honestly loathe what 343 tried to pass off as the new Rogue. I mean don't get me wrong, it's an interesting looking helmet, I just don't think it deserves to be called the Rogue. Kind of like latest generation Dodge Chargers or Chevy Impalas. Sure, they're decent enough cars, but those names have a legacy of style and nalgas that the new bearers just do not have. At all. LIke not even a little. So while I need to "crude down" the H3 Rogue for the Reach style, I'm also toying with how best to "spruce up" the design for a more proper Mk VI Gen 2.

Heh, which getting back on topic gives me a new addition: You know you're in the 405th when every conversation turns to build projects and concepts.

You know you are a 405th member: When random conversations with people you just meet turn to armor making, and you show pics of WIP on your phone.

Heh, and to build on Ashuraa's:

You know you're a 405th member when your phone/camera contains more photos of project builds than pets and family members combined.

You know your a 405th member when your a master of removing superglue from your fingers.

You know you're a 405th member when you're on a nice beach vacation and you can't stop thinking about getting home so you can build your next armor piece

I know this is a bit necro, but very relevant, cause it just happened to us.

You know you are a 405th member when your spouse burns up your brand new (3 month old) heat gun, then decides they have to do a screaming run over the mountain 22 miles one way to get a new heat gun, more foam, and more hot glue sticks.

I know this is a bit necro, but very relevant, cause it just happened to us.

You know you are a 405th member when your spouse burns up your brand new (3 month old) heat gun, then decides they have to do a screaming run over the mountain 22 miles one way to get a new heat gun, more foam, and more hot glue sticks.

And the mission was a success. We swooped in in our Pelican transport pickup. Snagged a heat gun and Eva Foam packs. Even though Harbor Freight had no power they were cash only and hand written receipts. Which required an armored assault on the nearest ATM Machine to get Cash. We promptly assaulted across the road sweeping Minor covenant forces out of our way as we swarmed Hobby Lobby to get high temp glue sticks and 3mm Foamies. We then boarded our Pelican transport pickup and retreated to the safety of our base and proceeded back to working on our Armour

You know you're in the 405th when you get excited about other people in the household getting packages because there might be packing materials you can repurpose for your builds.

You know you're a 405th member when you have more battle scars than the chief because of the damn exacto knife and your clutsy fingers

You know you're a 405th member when you've come face to face with the burning hellfire inferno that is a stray blob of hot glue.

when you just couldn't find the time to pass candy out for Halloween because you where making a sniper rifle on the poach that night and the cops stopped by five times. yeah it was a long night.

when you just couldn't find the time to pass candy out for Halloween because you where making a sniper rifle on the poach that night and the cops stopped by five times. yeah it was a long night.

this i want to know more about

well it was a warm night and I had spent more of the day getting the spoce done so I grabbed a bucket of bond doe and went to work, first time the cops stopped by because someone said I looked like I was going to kill someone with it and that was hours before trick or treating started, the next one was because I let someone's kid took a picture with it and they said I let a minor handle a high powered rifle but it was a prop, the next was funny someone was dressed up as an ailen and I knew the guy so I cased him around the block the cops then started casing me they gave me a warning but the last one was just rofl I guy I hated from high school brought his kid over thinking I had candy but what I did have was that rifle and the bolt does slid boy you should have seen his face he was like oh crap got to go I was like oh come on its not like where still in high school and I haven't forgot about what you did to my ex. well that when I picked it up and going inside to put it up but mr. tough guy though I was going to load the thing, cops showed up asked me if they could search my house and then found all my prop's in a storage room/ extra bed room. and said and I quote "this guy looks like he's ready to start a war in some third world cittie" well haft an hour when by before they figured out all the weapons where props, hell I even sold a few. by the end of the night I was happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back