computergeekman's Halo 4 Master Chief Pepakura Armor. [W.I.P.] [First Build]

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeekman

i wanted to build this because i'm a big halo fan and the thought of having master chiefs armor is really exciting! I think most people like Bungie's mark VI but I really like 343's version of it (MK VIi) :p. Believe it or not, I've never been a big gamer and halo 4 was the first halo game i had ever played so maybe that's why i like that suit so much. So at the beginning i scaled my armor to what should have been the right size. although i didn't realize that my printer has some fit-to-page feature that made it print out too small. somehow i didn't realize it was too small until i finished the helmet AND the torso... ugh. so i ended up giving those pieces to my younger brother who will hopefully finish it. i'd hate to see all that work go to waste. to make matters worse, when i started over i used a different helmet model and realized half way through that i didn't like the way it looked and i had also scaled it too big.... sarted over again.... at least because of that i had gotten pretty good at pepping before i started on the properly scaled suit :) ok so that's my story. now on to the pics. any suggestions and comments are welcomed :)

the helmet. not sure if i should have skipped pepping the visor and cutting out those holes on the chin and sides but that's what i did so i'll have to deal with it.

it seems to fit perfectly!! :)

i modded this a little bit. i just lowered this face so that it's more game accurate.

the torso.

the left forearm.

I've started on the right forearm but that's as far as i've gotten on the suit.

this may be a slow build because i'm getting sick of pepping so it's hard to stay motivated. i'm still set on finishing it though!!

Outstanding Job on the Torso! My first torso was the same like yours but had to scrap it as it was too small. Keep it up!

Very good job so far! Looking forward for updates!!!!

Thanks morkar!! i've been following your build too and i must say it looks great! it's an inspiration to me :)

Outstanding Job on the Torso! My first torso was the same like yours but had to scrap it as it was too small. Keep it up!

thank you!! your build looks great too! and as i said in the first post, i made a helmet and torso before i realized they were too small and had to start over. so my first torso was too small as well

A tip about the torso...I had a very bad time to fiberglass inside the back bags since I did it to all the torso simultaneously.....If I could go back in time, I would cut the torso in half after applying the resin to the outside to the entire torso, and then I would fiberglass the inside of the bags...it'd be easier and with a better result...

A tip about the torso...I had a very bad time to fiberglass inside the back bags since I did it to all the torso simultaneously.....If I could go back in time, I would cut the torso in half after applying the resin to the outside to the entire torso, and then I would fiberglass the inside of the bags...it'd be easier and with a better result...

Not that i would go against that, but ive tried it before. If you choose to go ahead, brave yourself for a helluva time correcting the alignment of to armour to fit.

I built the same torso and when I resined it I made a whole bunch of cardboard supports for it so its shape wouldn't change in the slightest. I'm planning on removing the shoulder pods for rondo. Once everything is rondoed then and only then will I separate it.

Looking great so far. I'm worried that your nose might be sharing some real estate with the visor somewhere down the line, but I'm sure you can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back