Halo 4 DMR AKA M395 ~ PIC HEAVY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marves2142

so it has been requested the HALO 4 DMR!!!!!! so here we go same as my last 2 gun threads reference pictures first then we move onto the progress picture

This is a mammoth modeling task (hehe get it) that will take me probably the rest of the week if im lucky and dont run into to many problems, iv had to change quite a bit actually from the original look because well some shapes just would not work on a firearm... so iv beefed up some parts... ok... quite a few....

halo4_dmr.jpg

Halo_4_DMR_Render.png

H4-M395DMR-SideRender.png

Halo_4_arsenal_image_blueprint_3.jpg

Gun610.jpg

NOW on to my progress for the first day 9 whole hours of work... and i only got this much done *goes to corner and cries* i should have gotten more done but kept running into problems...

1.jpg

2%20%206%20hours%20in.jpg

3%209%20hours%20in.jpg

now i would like some help if thats possible i cant seem to find any in game or renders of the side im working from, if someone could post one up that would help with the overall quality of the model :)

till tomorrow... or when ever i pull myself outta the corner....

on a completely unrelated note... i stuffed up the thickness.... *facepalm* BUT ITS OK!!!!i can fix this actually really easily..... oh how i love you Autodesk Inventor *kisses screen*

Nice start. If this goes along the same lines as the M6H, this will look good. Don't forget to update your signature.

Nice start. If this goes along the same lines as the M6H, this will look good. Don't forget to update your signature.

thanks mate :D i hope so as well, oh... i forgot about my signature... thank you for reminding me :)

an Update for you all im so far 21 hours in to it all and BAMMMM

4%20%2021%20hours%20in.jpg

4%2021%20hours%20in%20together.jpg

so far its coming along nicely though there are some trouble spots that i cant fix but i will after i print it though iv made these spots as minimal as possible to limit the amount of work i need to do

and i just noticed the thickness of the trigger.... well ill fix that tomorrow im done for today lol

SO another hour a little bit more done and this is it for the night, i finished the barrel and fixed the trigger

5%2023%20hours%20.jpg

Awesome work man. I too love inventor, I took an engineering class that used it. Unfortunately I have yet to take advantage of autodesk's free student downloads. Also which version of Inventor are you using?

Awesome work man. I too love inventor, I took an engineering class that used it. Unfortunately I have yet to take advantage of autodesk's free student downloads. Also which version of Inventor are you using?

thanks mate :D Im using inventor pro 2014

so another day more progress and almost done :D

so far 30 hours of model time to get to where im at and quite frankly im ecstatic how this has turned out

iv made this to be ambidextrous so the charging handle can go on the left or right so dont worry about the hole on the right hand side lol that will be capped after it has been casted

6%20scope%20.jpg

7%20scope.jpg

8%2030%20hours.jpg

9%2030%20hours.jpg

i will next week for some fun but i wont be adding colour to it... or this one.... so many faces....

Knowing Inventor, that means that it's what? between 500k - 2m faces?
By the way, this thing is looking sweet. Nice job.

Yer lol its about 400000 poly's, there are to many faces to actually colour i probably should have coloured it as i went but oh well

:D thanks guys i try my best for you all ^_^

some good news my workshop is now operating so i can start the print for this and ill be casting the M6H within the next week once the materials arrive

it will take me about a month to print and finish the DMR so ill post it up here piece by piece as i print it just for you guys :D

so.. it.... begins.... i have started to print it all starting with the scope now before i move onto the next piece.... ok pieces.... i will be finishing it... and maybe casting it....

for some unknown reason... the pictures will not post the right way up... god damn it...

so.. it.... begins.... i have started to print it all starting with the scope now before i move onto the next piece.... ok pieces.... i will be finishing it... and maybe casting it....

for some unknown reason... the pictures will not post the right way up... god damn it...
Good to hear it's being printed!
Images. Fickle little things, aren't they?

Oh yeah! I would probably stare at the printing until I passed out.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

FINALLY!!! an update for you all :D

an almost.. not really... completed side of the DMR!!!!!!.... still have HEAPS of work to do... got to putty the last 2 pieces, sand it all back... glue it all together, fill in all the seams... then do that all again on the other side BUT PROGRESS!!!!

2014-02-24%2023.14.04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back