Spartan1313's Agent Maine (RvB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photoon4-18-14at139PM_zpsdc4d31cf.jpg

Yes there are indeed moar pics. I made the upper barrel a little longer than it should be because the con requires an orange cap. so, I'm just going to paint the end tip orange and cut it off afterwards. I made all of the details with a dremel, it's my first time using one like that an I think it turned out OKish... I had a little difficulty controlling the dremel to start but I improved as I went. Better to screw up the bruteshot than the helmet. Right now it is more than a little front heavy, but that will change when I have my blade added.

I must admit Im am dreading building a weapon as I haven't done it before. I need builds like this to inspire me to work on stuff.
What are you intending of making the blade from? I assume foam unless there is a more ridged option?

Attachments

• Photoon4-18-14at139PM_zpsdc4d31cf.jpg
    Photoon4-18-14at139PM_zpsdc4d31cf.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 254
Good job on the Brute shot and the armor!
BTW: It might look small now but when you add the blade and other stuff on the gun it will look much bigger! I know this from personal experience while making my M7S SMG and especially the SRS99 S5 AS. :)

Pat-

@.@... So many levels of jealous right now. lol Work has taken a huge chunk out of my build time and I'm so anxious to get to the Brute Shot for our Meta! You are showing an awesome representation of how the weapon should look in foam. I'm pretty excited to see pics from the convention! :D

Your build is awesome as well. I really am impressed by the level of detail you are putting into everything!

I must admit Im am dreading building a weapon as I haven't done it before. I need builds like this to inspire me to work on stuff.
What are you intending of making the blade from? I assume foam unless there is a more ridged option?

yeah, I felt the same way the first time I made a weapon. I made 2 assault rifles from cardboard (so I didn't feel bad about wasting it when I screwed up) which has made me a little more confident to try this with foam. I am making the blade from cardboard (hopefully not) or a plastic sheet (most likely).

Good job on the Brute shot and the armor!
BTW: It might look small now but when you add the blade and other stuff on the gun it will look much bigger! I know this from personal experience while making my M7S SMG and especially the SRS99 S5 AS.

Thanks man! it's good to hear it usually turns out all right

Photoon4-19-14at1022AM2_zpsf7d53124.jpg

Photoon4-19-14at1022AM_zps6eb60f26.jpg

I made some more progress today, I cut up the helmet to make room for my plastic inserts. it doesn't look like much, but it was very difficult to make those cuts cleanly.

Attachments

• Photoon4-19-14at1022AM_zps6eb60f26.jpg
    Photoon4-19-14at1022AM_zps6eb60f26.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Photoon4-19-14at1022AM2_zpsf7d53124.jpg
    Photoon4-19-14at1022AM2_zpsf7d53124.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 214
Your build looks really good so far and yeah, I know from experience it's really hard to make those EVA helmet cuts clean and to get them in the right spot. It'll look great when it's all done.

Your build looks really good so far and yeah, I know from experience it's really hard to make those EVA helmet cuts clean and to get them in the right spot. It'll look great when it's all done.

It's...it's you! You did the first Meta Build that gave me the idea! That build is so awesome, your EVA Helmet looks flawless! I just wanna say you are very talented with the whole bondo thing.

Photoon4-19-14at452PM_zps0380c29b.jpg

I plastidipped and black spray painted my Bruteshot this weekend. I still got to add the metallic rod and blade but other than that it is done.

Attachments

• Photoon4-19-14at452PM_zps0380c29b.jpg
    Photoon4-19-14at452PM_zps0380c29b.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 205
That turned out really well. I was actually thinking about doing a bruteshot out of foam as well. I even modified some files for it already. Im going to be looking at this for refrence :)

That turned out really well. I was actually thinking about doing a bruteshot out of foam as well. I even modified some files for it already. Im going to be looking at this for refrence :)

Wow! it's cool to hear that you think that highly of my model! If I may make one suggestion from my build, I recommend that you put something more solid in the body to wrap the foam around. It is really awkward to fold the foam over nothing and try to keep it's proper shape.

So I finished up the helmet with a gold paint, and I filled the holes I vut with acrylic as best as I could. Here is a nice photo of everything together, first as the Meta and then as Agent Maine.

April2014Samsung057_zpsa221f0b5.jpg

April2014Samsung068_zps2860239e.jpg

Now all I need to do is pad the helmet so that it is comfortable and does not flop, and strap the thighs up because they slip and slide all over the place right now, and get the blade onto my Bruteshot.

Attachments

• April2014Samsung068_zps2860239e.jpg
    April2014Samsung068_zps2860239e.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 798
  • April2014Samsung057_zpsa221f0b5.jpg
    April2014Samsung057_zpsa221f0b5.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 282
Nice, nice, very good! How well is the visibility and how did you paint the acrylic parts and still be able to see through? All of it looks great though!

Nice, nice, very good! How well is the visibility and how did you paint the acrylic parts and still be able to see through? All of it looks great though!

the plastic parts I just spray painted very little. I am having difficulty getting it through a camera but basically it's like seeing through fogged glasses. I took advantage of the different panes to get different levels of clarity. I can read stuff through the front viewport, but the eyes I just have a vague peripheral vision that there is something there.

Very cool! Both setups look really good. I've been down that path with the visor. It work well enough during the day, but I found the helmet lights were essential to moving around at all in darkness or dusk. Worth the time if the helmet can accommodate them. Nice work.

Redshirt

Very cool! Both setups look really good. I've been down that path with the visor. It work well enough during the day, but I found the helmet lights were essential to moving around at all in darkness or dusk. Worth the time if the helmet can accommodate them. Nice work.

Redshirt

Yeah, I actually got that idea from the work you did on the Legendary Edition visor. Mine don't turn out quite as well, but I think that is the difference between spray paint and an airbrush kit. I totally think it could accomodate lighting if I really wanted to, but this one isn't worth the hassle. the low definition phone camera really helps out with this helmet.

I cut out my bruteshot blade!

Photoon4-23-14at322PM_zpsada3732a.jpg

It was too big to fit in the laser cutter, so I had to separate it into two pieces and hot glue them together. I made them jagged instead of a straight connection because I figured it would be stronger. so far no complaints. Suddenly my bruteshot also looks full size with that massive blade on the back, which is awesome! It's not going to be glued down until it is painted metallic, which is why I am holding it like that.

Attachments

• Photoon4-23-14at322PM_zpsada3732a.jpg
    Photoon4-23-14at322PM_zpsada3732a.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 214
It's...it's you! You did the first Meta Build that gave me the idea! That build is so awesome, your EVA Helmet looks flawless! I just wanna say you are very talented with the whole bondo thing.

Thanks very much :D your build looks great, I hope when I finally finish mine comes together this nicely. The size looks great now there's the blade off the back.

FINISHED!!!!!

I completed my armor on Thursday in time for Zenkaikon on Friday and Saturday. I have not gotten all of my pictures yet, but here are a fraction of the many from friday. I don't have the pictures from saturday yet because they are all on my friend's camera.

-279c3b77383aa6c2_zps4b3f5d9d.jpe

1924945_10201257726844624_287835267499182427_n_zps0ec0a5e7.jpe

The costume was a hit, and many people were surprised it was my first full cosplay. It was really fun to see people's reaction when I walked in at 6' 5" with a Bruteshot in hand. I had a lot of requests for photos too :) so fun day all in all.

Attachments

• 1924945_10201257726844624_287835267499182427_n_zps0ec0a5e7.jpe
    1924945_10201257726844624_287835267499182427_n_zps0ec0a5e7.jpe
    83.8 KB · Views: 623
  • -279c3b77383aa6c2_zps4b3f5d9d.jpe
    -279c3b77383aa6c2_zps4b3f5d9d.jpe
    40.6 KB · Views: 345
That turned out so awesome!! I'm glad you had a blast, and that your creation has gotten the awe it deserves! :D

looks good i would recommend a neck seal of some kind

Maine does not actually have a neck seal, you can see it quite clearly here:

and here you see another reason why Agent Maine is awesome: no need to boil myself alive for the sake of accuracy. :cool

That turned out so awesome!! I'm glad you had a blast, and that your creation has gotten the awe it deserves!

Thanks! I can't wait to see your Meta Completed as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back