REDSTAR's Titanfall pilot build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitsoul

Hello 405th! I'm REDSTAR, I'm not new to this site, I'm not even a new member but this is my first thread. I used to have an account here awhile ago until I got a new E-mail, lost my password and there was no way to get another. My old name was REDSTAR042.....What a change right? In my last name I only left comments but this time I'll be sharing my own work! If you have a question ask! If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. And if you like my work don't be afraid to say so! I like complements and feedback!

I've been meaning to make a thread for awhile but never really got around to it. I will be making a full set of armor from the new videogame Titanfall.I never had any intentions of making Titanfall armor to begin with but as files became more accessible the temptation got to me. I had the urge to create things and with the recent hype for Titanfall I thought this would be a great time to test my skills. I Plan on making the helmet using Pepakura and liquid resin and the rest of the armor from EVA foam. I have pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall which is due to release March 25th. I'd love to have a spiffy outfit to wear and make a total Dork of myself when I pick it up ;).

Day one:
I have started assembly on the pepakura model. I completed pages one and two

IMG_9784_zps4df28e75.jpg

I look forward to a great project! Wish me luck!

Attachments

• IMG_9784_zps4df28e75.jpg
    IMG_9784_zps4df28e75.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Update!

day 2:

IMG_0255_zpsf5d389e8.jpg

Got through pages 3-7. the ear pieces aren't finished yet, that's on the next page. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0255_zpsf5d389e8.jpg
    IMG_0255_zpsf5d389e8.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Great job so far! What were you thinkin about using for the undersuit? I'm in the process of building pilot armor and I cant figure out what to use for an undersuit.

Sorry, Drama. I wasn't going to do anything special for the undersuit. I have a thin grey hoodie I was going to wear. I was also going to just wear a pair of grey jeans. The only thing I have in mind is making a black vest to mount the front and back plates on. I thought this aproach would be best seeing how time is ticking down.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that's understandable, the mountable black vest is a good idea. Thanks for the quick response, good luck on the build! Can't wait to see it completed

Cool, looks very good so far!:D What glue do you use? I've always used hot glue, but I'm getting tired of burning my fingers and getting webs everywhere.

I use crazy glue. The no run gel kind. It doesnt burn or leave webs but it stiicks to your fingers and it hardens, then you can peel it of later.

Last edited:
Update!

Day 3:
IMG_9266_zps8d645511.jpg

I got all the way to page 11 today! can't forget that red star ;). I think that tomorrow I'll go on a building spree!

Attachments

• IMG_9266_zps8d645511.jpg
    IMG_9266_zps8d645511.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 218
build looks great so far man can't wait to see more.

Update!

Day 4:

IMG_5040_zps72eb0c41.jpg

I'm currently up to page 15! I'm taking a break but I'm not done for today yet. I'm going to keep going until I'm finished!

Attachments

• IMG_5040_zps72eb0c41.jpg
    IMG_5040_zps72eb0c41.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 489
Hey Redstar where did you get the pep file for it ? or did you design it your self?

Update.....Again!

Day 4:
said I wouldn't stop till' I was done!

IMG_2788_zps9cabcd15.jpg

All done! I'm taking a day off.....

Attachments

• IMG_2788_zps9cabcd15.jpg
    IMG_2788_zps9cabcd15.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.