Props Real Steel MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time to start getting quotes for some of these parts.

A word to the wise, the BATFE has been cracking down hardcore on the illegal manufacture of firearms. I'm not sure if a single prototype that is not for sale would be illegal, but I KNOW that a fully automatic weapon produced by anyone without a Class III NFA manufacturers permit is a BIG NO-NO.

I'm in the process of opening a firearms manufacturing business myself. Can't wait to see your finished product.

This is neat man. But one question that's been popping in my head with this is: why not a trigger pack similar to the FN F2000's or the IWI Tavor's? The Tavor actually seems like it would be the rifle to imulate with the MA5 type rifle design.

are you going with a mixture of aluminum and steel, or stainless, just wondering due to the weight balance being you would have a heavy end. i can only imagine the outer shell to be a plastic base.

Right now, most of what is modeled is intended to be sheet steel. The top and bottom shrouds on the handguard are going to be fiberglass, and the stock will be fiberglass over a steel frame.

A word to the wise, the BATFE has been cracking down hardcore on the illegal manufacture of firearms. I'm not sure if a single prototype that is not for sale would be illegal, but I KNOW that a fully automatic weapon produced by anyone without a Class III NFA manufacturers permit is a BIG NO-NO.

Yeah I've been watching those stories coming out. Building firearms for my own use is legal federally, and locally here in Iowa. The design of the FCG and bolt aren't sutible to put in a full-auto sear, so I don't have to worry about that. (We can't have NFA items in Iowa, anyway)

I'm in the process of opening a firearms manufacturing business myself. Can't wait to see your finished product.
Reeeaaaly.....
I'm in the looking up zoning and local codes phase of getting my FFL, if you are getting an 07FFL we may need to talk about where I'd source stripped recievers for any rifles I did sell.;)

This is neat man. But one question that's been popping in my head with this is: why not a trigger pack similar to the FN F2000's or the IWI Tavor's? The Tavor actually seems like it would be the rifle to imulate with the MA5 type rifle design.

The quick answer is that I've never found a tear-down video of them, but I do have dimensions and spare parts for the AR15 FCG. Also, AR parts are cheap and plentiful, so I incorporated them at the wear points, with some extra linkage parts to adapt it to a bullpup.

I did see that there's a Tavor replacement trigger on the market, now. I may have to do some more looking for dimensions and a look at its internals.

okay the next thing you need is a BR55, DMR, S2AM, and some SAW's and we'll be able to come running you're way when the world goes out the window.

okay the next thing you need is a BR55, DMR, S2AM, and some SAW's and we'll be able to come running you're way when the world goes out the window.

The next project is probably Vash's revolver from Trigun, but they're on the list...

Well, it's been a while since I've made progress that actually is apparent in screen captures. Mostly I've been trying different ways to build up the lower reciever.
I decided to make a quick mock-up of the rifle, to make sure that the scale numbers that Halopedia listed worked in the real world.

th_bla-71-36_zps9dc23aa0.jpg th_bla-71-37_zpsc261da55.jpg th_bla-71-38_zpsfa9192b9.jpg

It looks close enough to screen caps from game for me, and is surprisingly comfortable. It tucks right in, and your support hand lands on the forearm right where the grip will be.
th_Marines2_zps55d5b5ae.jpg

Attachments

• th_bla-71-36_zps9dc23aa0.jpg
    th_bla-71-36_zps9dc23aa0.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 254
  • th_bla-71-37_zpsc261da55.jpg
    th_bla-71-37_zpsc261da55.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 239
  • th_bla-71-38_zpsfa9192b9.jpg
    th_bla-71-38_zpsfa9192b9.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 292
  • th_Marines2_zps55d5b5ae.jpg
    th_Marines2_zps55d5b5ae.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 249
How the heck are you going to afford this brother? This is greatness in a can. This is a huge undertaking. Good luck brother. I cant wait to see this thing flesh out.

as they in one of the startrek movie,

how do you know that this isn't the guy to came up with it.

you are the reason we have MA5's in the future my good man 343 showed it in a game and the game is based on real things.

we need to find out who there wanted to build it once we do that well know if cortana is in our computer network.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have been beaten to the punch. This is the Desert Tech MDR. It comes in 7.62x51 NATO, 7.62x39, .300 AAC Blackout, 6.8x43 Rem, and 5.56x45 NATO.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/usa/mdr-e.html
Sure they don't have an ammo counter on it, but that's already been developed by Radetec.
http://www.radetec.com/
The Magizene and firing mechanism are to far foreward to be like this gun.

Loess, How to you plan to do the ejection port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back