ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dermal tool, I will try it on some of my pieces once they are cut out and see if that makes them nicer at all.

I've never used a dremel to cut out foam pieces, but I have used it on the foam pistol I'm building. I think it works very well for rounding out corners and edges. Haven't really tried using any of the engraving tools on the foam to carve in details, though. I think it would be too soft.

Yah once I start cutting, I won't be using the dremal tool to cut out the pieces, just to shape and smooth out some lines

Awesome I'll try not to botch it too bad haha, I will see about doing that heating and folding technique that uh oh crap what's his name, he does the cool cut and heat and fold thing, I'm gonna see if I can so some of that on the shoulders. I'll keep you guys posted.

Did you remember who this person was? :)

Anyways... here is a quick video I did a little while back on some dremel techniques and bit uses in case you are interested. If you don't have one already, I would really consider getting the stone sharpening/grinding bit for your dremel.

Oh yeah, and.... "we want pictures!!!!!"

Did you remember who this person was? :)

Anyways... here is a quick video I did a little while back on some dremel techniques and bit uses in case you are interested. If you don't have one already, I would really consider getting the stone sharpening/grinding bit for your dremel.

Oh yeah, and.... "we want pictures!!!!!"

That person was you. I am going to try your technique of cutting 3/4 or so of the way through and using a heat gun to fold and hot glue in place I am going to try building some of my shoulders using what I learned from you.

Lack of update, ok so I want to use Hugh holders foam files but I can't find them in the 405th file database on 4shared. If anyone has some foam ready files preferably with some pictures of the suit to see the end result that would be sweet, or if anyone has foam WETA ODST files those would be amazing. Till I find the files no printing :/

Lack of update, ok so I want to use Hugh holders foam files but I can't find them in the 405th file database on 4shared. If anyone has some foam ready files preferably with some pictures of the suit to see the end result that would be sweet, or if anyone has foam WETA ODST files those would be amazing. Till I find the files no printing :/

The Hugh Holders ODST folder is under the Halo 3 ODST group. You might have to make the foam templates yourself.

Update! Just got all my CardStock printed out! So my templates are ready! Bad news is blades still haven't showed up :( so no cutting today. And I hurt my back real bad, hopefully it will be better by the time my blades get here and I can start cutting!

I need a foam file for a ODST helmet I have no helmet file, and if Sean sees this I will probably end up grabbing one of those packs from you or a foam pack file

Update! Blades just arrived and my back is feeling better so after my daughter goes back to her mothers, I'll be cutting away and hopefully have some picture up by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back