Standby for Titanfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem:) It's so cool to see what people can do with the models I make. Small question: how good is the visibility through the visor when you use reflective/chrome paint on it? I have a few ODST casts I want to try and make a visor for with clear plastic and blue reflective paint on the outside.

It's so, so. I've done a few visors this way and the visibility isn't great - it's like looking through very dirty sun glasses, but you can see and you're not gonna be bumping into stuff or tripping over :p The visibility can be improved dramatically with the quality of the chrome paint and how well you apply it...you really only need a very light dusting to get a good mirror effect..practice makes perfect :) But as I said - this was a scrap of plastic and I used cheap silver paint as I didn't have any chrome at the time.

IMAG0079_zpsb23a64c6.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0079_zpsb23a64c6.jpg
    IMAG0079_zpsb23a64c6.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 169
Oh my heavens!!! It's been ages since i last saw you posted something on the 405th. Anyway, excellent job on the helmet especially the light up sections. One question, if i were to scale the helmet to suit my head, how would i do so in specific for this helmet considering the extra antenna thing at the top which gives it extra height.

you can't see out of it when the lights are on right? i did mine visor like yours, look cool but the lights i put in blind me, unless u installed them differently.

Oh my heavens!!! It's been ages since i last saw you posted something on the 405th. Anyway, excellent job on the helmet especially the light up sections. One question, if i were to scale the helmet to suit my head, how would i do so in specific for this helmet considering the extra antenna thing at the top which gives it extra height.

I scaled mine to 375 height, it makes the main body around 300mm.

Finally i know what's a jumpkit.. anyway it looks real awesome with those details @_@. are those real straps holding the buckles in place?

I wish people made these with clay and sculpting rather than pepakura and bondo.. that would be impressive. Nice work on your helmet, none the less. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back