Dragoncon Parade 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in the dinner meet thread, but figured I'd post here again too.

I'm looking for a room or someone to crash with, floor space is fine and i'll contribute to room pay. Please let me know if you're willing to help out. Otherwise I might not be able to make it. :(

So two questions, 1: are there threads for any other meetups at Dcon?

I just want to throw out that Sunday at 7pm, I am hosting "All Things Halo - The Interactive Halo Experience" with Steve Downes, Tim Dadabo and Courtenay Taylor in attendance. It is a trivia game with first prize taking home a free pre-order for The Master Chief Collection with Digital Veda Games. Immediately after is a "Craft Your Fandom - Halo Armor" panel that will go until 9:30. Depending on how many questions and the like, we have the opportunity to turn it into a question and answer session with the guests until the time is up. I posted this in the DragonCon Facebook group but it didn't occur to post it HERE until NOW, which is a bit late.

Any and all 405th builders are welcome to come. I am NOT an expert and don't deserve to talk about this topic, but I've held the panel before at other cons with other (far superior) Halo armorers and the director of the video games track thought this would be a great idea, so please feel welcome to come and talk about your style of building!

Is it too late to do the parade? it's our first year going and we didn't know we needed to register to walk in it. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Is it too late to join the parade? It's our first time so we didn't know it required super early registering. :(

I'm curious. What is the "parade ribbon" that is mentioned and if you're not on the list, do you still get one?
The parade ribbon is just that, a small ribbon that says "DragonCon Parade Participant," although they have been wristbands and stickers in the past. The purpose is to keep track of the number of people in the parade and to cap the number of participants for logistical purposes.

The rules for the Parade state only those with a Parade Ribbon are allowed to march in the parade, and people are supposed to be checked for a Parade Ribbon before being allowed into the muster/staging area. In practice, since there are so many people participating in the parade and such a limited number of volunteers, people so enter the staging area and do march in the parade without having a ribbon. However, I do not think the 405th should in anyway encourage people to try to "Sneak" into the parade or blatantly ignore the rules and guidelines as established by Dragon Con.

I agree with you on that one, we are better than that. I should have my armor ready to go by the con, even if I have to work up to the last minute. Anyone got a prop I can borrow for the parade? I dunno if I'll have time for both.

I agree with you on that one, we are better than that. I should have my armor ready to go by the con, even if I have to work up to the last minute. Anyone got a prop I can borrow for the parade? I dunno if I'll have time for both.

I have an extra Jasmine Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol, I can bring them for people to use in the Parade/Eventual photo shoot.

I usually carry either a sniper rifle or my energy sword. I keep my Magnum on my belt and sometimes carry a flag. I may just carry the flag for the parade...

I also have an extra AR and a Nerf modded to look like a DMR. I'm sure we can find something.

Sounds like we should be good then. Thanks guys. I'm gonna have my hands full finishing up my suit.

Looking at shipping it's going to be enough just to ship my armor and too much for my AR. So if I could borrow an AR that would be wonderful.

Though I'm tempted to just use my Thorn hand cannon from Destiny ... Shall I stay Halo canon or go full Thorn[e]?

This sounds awesome. Looks like we have a good sized group this year. Don't worry about the number cap, we have to turn in a number for the parade comity. I know the route is the same as last year. There are 2 water stations one at the beginning and one at the end, they are asking that you only get water from one. Try and bring your own if you can, it's usually hot.

You can take me and my guest off the list for this year. Life happened... :unsure

Any solid plans yet for the photoshoot time or location after the parade? We definitely want to be a part of that was well, however we're going to have to cut out at about 1:30PM at the latest to change into some other costumes for other photoshoots/get-togethers.

We'll be back in Halo after the Gears of War photoshoot on Sunday (1-3PM) so hopefully we'll be able to find some other Spartans during that time frame as well.

Well the con starts today, I hope everyone is ready. I will check in with the parade staff today and get us all set. As for a photo shoot no one has really said anything yet. I was hoping the we could take a group picture before and after the parade.

I will have my wife following along snapping as many pics as possible, they will be shared with everyone :)

MidKnight and DMaq will be there. Do we just meet up with you guys and walk? I'm not sure about the pre reg deal, we're first timers. :)

Are we still meeting at the Marriott? When I checked in for the parade the woman is dealt with wasn't even sure which group we would be under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back