Status
Not open for further replies.

AugmentedHuman013

DMO and RXO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S613
So now that my halo 2 ODST is done and survived its first Convention. It is time for my next build Hopefully this will be a quicker build then the I think year and a half the ODST took. LOL. My biggest Issue I had was I wear glasses. In my helmet with the padding I used. I can not wear both the glasses and the helmet. Though I will not let that limit me in the future. I do want something I can keep on and wear my glasses so that I can see. When I am walking around the Convention.

Added with the comments i have received both here and at the convention. How its nice to see other parts of the Halo lore that aren't the normal spartan's and the nostalgia of the Halo 2 build. I came to the decision to do a Marine from Halo 3.

Let us begin

I would like to Thank Vrogy for all his pepakura files I am using.

halomarinehelmetside_zpsb92891c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

halomarinehelmetfront_zpse8067ad0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice start!
You can actually wear glasses and the helmet at the same time because I know I can. Yep, I were glasses too. :) Sure it´s a problem but you can get around it easily. :D

Pat-

Nice start!
You can actually wear glasses and the helmet at the same time because I know I can. Yep, I were glasses too. :) Sure it´s a problem but you can get around it easily. :D

Pat-
:) My odst was my first build I made many mistakes along the way (i glued all the padding in with Gorilla glue As Shockwave saw at Megacon. oh the mess my padding is) . So I am sure my mess of padding I did in it could have been done different. Maybe I will take a picture of my padding job and put it in My ODST build thread later. This build I am using as my transition. I made a hole bunch of Rookie mistakes over the course of the ODST build. This will be my "Hopefully" build where I Don't make those stupid mistakes. And do things in order.

In the past I have been slowly training myself from making mistakes such as Rondoing before I have actually fiberglassed the inside (i know that sounds dumb.) or painting before i have finished fine and wet sanding. So stay tuned and i hope to be rolling out updates from every 2 days to once a week at max.

Very nice.

It is not very often that people tackle a marine build, as the Spartans and ODSTs are by far the most popular.

I am in the process of making something that I have never seen on this forum or any other it follows some of the work you will have to deal with (fabric wise) I am in the concepting phase for a Spartan dress uniform. it is something that would be very cool to do but as I am not a fan of working with fabric it is going to take a while.

and as always feel free to pick my brain for ideas or anything else.

So today I have an update for all you masses.
I have got it resined inside fiberglassed and mudded to cover the fiberglass. Its coming along.

If anyone has made this before Did it come out a little narrow Its perfect size with all the dimensions but my ears touch with it as it is now.

IMAG0220_zps9f5f3025.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0218_zpse9524b9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0219_zps7e93dd69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The helmet looks good. All the inset stuff on the sides can be a pain.

While I've made this helmet before, I can't really help you with the too narrow or not bit. The one I made was the standard scale and way too big on me. (I have a tiny head)

Looks pretty good, I have built the same helmet but my ears didn't touch the sides but from what I can see in the pics it looks correct

Im going to putting the inserts on the side once i have finished the bondoing. so that i can make everything straight.

So not really a full update. I have already made myself a Liar on this build my mistake. I was trying to power thru this build and have an update atleast once a week. I am currently on 10 days without a post. I have been working on the build slower then I would like to. I was given a new postion at work so my "Real life" Has been keeping me occupied from really being enjoy fully my "Geek Life." Switching from working 3rd shift to the more normal working hours. I have some updates to show you guys so stay tuned to see this build come to life. - Kevin

You have no monopoly on projects going slower than you thought they would. It's not a hobby if it seems like work. I started cutting the Pepakura for my current project in January 2010 and I'll likely finish this week! I'll echo Ricktickr with kudos for taking the road a little less traveled and doing a marine build. I'm following because I'm looking for a lighter more mobile costume to wear since my prop weapon is heavy. The helmet looks great so far.

Redshirt

So finally got around to an actual update. So here it is. Thanks to everyone that posted Its nice to see people excited as much as I am over this project. I Tend to like putting time frames on things. or my projects drift off into oblivion. so enjoy and thank you again for so many nice words.

IMAG0222_zpse2a1174f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0221_zpsf93c44c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The helmet is looking great and is really coming together. Looking forward to seeing more!

Just a little update. I haven't really had much time to sand lately. I been in the room at night time Building some of the other pieces up. Should have an update in the next few days The Chest is hanging in the garage resined just needs fiberglass. And I am not sure if very many people have had this issue before. Where you forget to write down your scale for a piece. I have one shoulder built but i can't remember the scale I used to print the second. Back to ground floor on those pieces. I have also been looking at pants for this build. I am going to use the Combat shirt I wear with my ODST build. I am trying to figure If I want Regular Jungle Camo BDUs or Digital Camo. I have been going thru all the references I can. What do ya'll ll think?

I went with digital ACU's (army combat uniform). I think they look the closest, but it can be hard to tell and all comes down to a matter of opinion.

Also, I'm glad the combat shirt worked out well for you. Contact me if you need to know how to roll up the sleeves.

Hey there Its been awhile and with all my planning that would have gave me time to build this outfit in leisure I am down to the wire. Oh well I love stress of time. Hear is the first piece nearly finished The bicep's Need to age them and finish mounting.
20140619_120834_zpsc245e537.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As the other boot piece dries I thought I would share my next pair of pieces I have finished up. Still needs strapping but padding and aging..... Well almost done pieces.

KIMG0488_zps29210722.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also thru together the starts of a holster for my M6. Its my first time using foam for more then padding the inside of my pieces. It looks rough but tomorrow I will be getting some leather to wrap it with. Going for Sergeant Forge's holster.

20140621_231444_zpsbf853647.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back