[RELEASE] Halo 4 Armour Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, I now have a lot of work to do tonight once I get off work, this is truly awesome!

That's up to the community to do. I simply provided the files, it's up to you guys what you do with them from now.

I was merely making a suggestion as to what could be done, not telling anyone to do it.

Oh hell yes. i wanted this stuff so bad. i couldnt believe that these files are there, because 1 year after the first extract there was no sight of the CIO chest at all... and now this huge update. btw... do "we" have the permission to edit these files? i mean... its game extracted but its your work for the release :) i want to edit these files for 3D printing

So ive been wondering how long youve had the files. Have you had them, and have been sorting them out for a few days or did you get them and immediately throw them up last night/this morning?

So ive been wondering how long youve had the files. Have you had them, and have been sorting them out for a few days or did you get them and immediately throw them up last night/this morning?

I've had the files for roughly a month. A week or so was spent splitting the files up, naming them, checking for errors, and sorting them into their relevant groups - the rest of the time was spent waiting for the embargo to be lifted on the tools used to obtain them, which meant sitting on the files until the creator of the tools gave me the OK to upload them for you all.

I would never willingly hold back content the community would benefit from, especially not for personal gain. I gain nothing from hoarding these files.

here you go buddy.
the pack wasnt that big :) maybe the standard map files. but obj files gets pretty small until get packed up ^^
http://www.4shared.com/zip/KaCXn9xnce/H4_Assets_V1.html

Thanks, Harican. I'll add this link to the OP at some point.

I uhh... don't know what to say to this.

Uhh...

HOLY *YOINK* (trust me, I really want to swear here. I yelled WTF when I saw this.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing Arcanine. I will go personally thank the Adjutant team and Gravemind for this.

Oh my god... I'm trembling

I sure dont even have a proper response to this except many thanks for your time and effort into all of this. You are a true wonder to this site and community and again thank you!!!

This is SOOO amazing!!! Everyone who contributed to this....Thank you so much for doing this and all your efforts into putting this together!

Hey-yo! There are no words... Just... Yay!
(Although, please don't think I'm ungrateful or anything, but I never got this. Why is it that the people who create the tools that can extract models are never willing to share their work? It's always "private," and I just don't get it. Can anyone explain as to why they do this?)

Thanks, Spartan. The proper appreciation would go a long way, as far as relations between the modelling and extraction communities go.

I sure dont even have a proper response to this except many thanks for your time and effort into all of this. You are a true wonder to this site and community and again thank you!!!

Again, thank you very much for the kind words, Spartan.

This is SOOO amazing!!! Everyone who contributed to this....Thank you so much for doing this and all your efforts into putting this together!

I do my best. Armour, Honour, Community.

Oh my...! Guess I'm back to making HD files again! Best April 1st ever!

I'll have that Modeller's Pack up soon, so I expect to see some very nice files out of your workshop, Spartan.

Why is it that the people who create the tools that can extract models are never willing to share their work? It's always "private," and I just don't get it. Can anyone explain as to why they do this?

Certainly. This sort of goes off-forum a little, but from what I understand:

A beta build of Adjutant, designed to deal with Halo 4, was leaked by those close to the project leader (Gravemind). Half of the community complained that the tools were incomplete, and the other half complained that Gravemind had been hoarding tools for his own selfish uses. Even worse, accusations were levelled that the tools were built using stolen code from other projects. In actual fact, he'd done neither and would have released the finished version of Adjutant with full Halo 4 support when it was ready to go public, and the only code used for Adjutant at this point comes from the UI of other programs.

Unfortunately, the ensuing arguments lead Gravemind to quit the community and work on his projects in secret, away from prying eyes. I had, by this point, managed to get in touch regarding the tools and the costuming community, and I was promised to be kept in the loop when the time was right.

As for other projects... well, I couldn't say. There's always ego, and the desire to have the rights to 'exclusive' content. Sometimes the modelling/mapping community can be very arrogant.

EDIT: I've been going through the texture files for the armour, in order to provide a resource for modellers, and I've come across a few 'non-Armoury' files that don't seem to be selectable - namely, the Warrior and Gungnir-variant forearms, which (as far as I'm aware) aren't armoury options. I'll append the links and resources as required. Once everything's settled, I'll be sure to get these files to those that require them.

I have an unfold of MC's Mk VI helmet. It's not exactly from your files, Arcanine, but it's from a game-ripped model, so the geometry is identical. I'll go ahead and post a link to it when I get home tonight, if that's ok with you.

I'm really glad someone finally got to all this. The shape of the available Halo 4 helmet has always bugged me.

Ahhhh, this is the kind of stuff that takes up too much of my time, but i love it XD. I'm starting on unfolding the orbital helm today. Thank you very much arcanine, for you have provided. BIGTIME.

Thanks, Jet, but Harican got there a long time before you did - and your pack is about to become outdated, with the addition of the Halo 4 Modeller's Asset Pack, which contains models not currently present in the initial wave of files. I appreciate the effort and sentiment, but I'd ask that multiple 'packs' not be made available. This will help prevent confusion from having multiple 'packs' online at once, each with different files in them. One comprehensive pack is all we need.

I shall have the Modeller's Pack online soon - look out for an edit to this and my original post for more information.

EDIT: the Halo 4 Modeller's Pack has been uploaded. Please find a link added to the OP, or you can simply find the file HERE.

EDIT V2: I've noticed that a lot of people are going ahead and unfolding these files as-is, directly from the files I've posted. PLEASE bear in mind that these files are provided IN RAW FORMAT, and as such, may contain issues such as open edges and come superfluous geometry. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that these files be refined before unfolding them, as opposed to simply taking and unfolding them as-is.

If there's any interest, I'm also willing to put together a Halo 4 Weapons and a Halo 4 Extras pack for those that would like to have them. The Extras pack will contain supplementary files, such as the Armour Abilities, AI chip and Multiplayer-specific items, while the Weapons pack will contain a comprehensive database of Halo 4 weaponry, along with alternate skin designs for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back