[RELEASE] Halo 4 Armour Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Jet, but Harican got there a long time before you did - and your pack is about to become outdated, with the addition of the Halo 4 Modeller's Asset Pack, which contains models not currently present in the initial wave of files. I appreciate the effort and sentiment, but I'd ask that multiple 'packs' not be made available. This will help prevent confusion from having multiple 'packs' online at once, each with different files in them. One comprehensive pack is all we need.

I shall have the Modeller's Pack online soon - look out for an edit to this and my original post for more information.

EDIT: the Halo 4 Modeller's Pack has been uploaded. Please find a link added to the OP, or you can simply find the file HERE.

EDIT V2: I've noticed that a lot of people are going ahead and unfolding these files as-is, directly from the files I've posted. PLEASE bear in mind that these files are provided IN RAW FORMAT, and as such, may contain issues such as open edges and come superfluous geometry. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that these files be refined before unfolding them, as opposed to simply taking and unfolding them as-is.

If there's any interest, I'm also willing to put together a Halo 4 Weapons and a Halo 4 Extras pack for those that would like to have them. The Extras pack will contain supplementary files, such as the Armour Abilities, AI chip and Multiplayer-specific items, while the Weapons pack will contain a comprehensive database of Halo 4 weaponry, along with alternate skin designs for reference.

The weapons and extras pack too? Wow that would be super awesome!!!

The weapons and extras pack too? Wow that would be super awesome!!!

I'll do my best, but I want to take things at a steady, measured pace to make sure I get everything and have it labelled correctly. I'll try and have at least one of those packs online and available by the end of the week.

Thanks to those involved with acquiring these assets and Arcanine for organizing and sharing them with the community. This is quite a cache of cool stuff and I look forward to any other data you're able to share.

Whenever the in-game models become available I like comparing them to the ones that I've worked up for pepakura. Although the end-use is different it's neat to see how the professionals approached the meshes.

I spent a couple hours this evening introducing myself to applying UV map textures with the defender helmet in blender. This is something I've been meaning to learn for a while and I'm finding it pretty fun to play with these assets. It's pretty rough but below is a photo of how far I got. Thanks again.

texturetest_zps255ca447.png

Attachments

• texturetest_zps255ca447.png
    texturetest_zps255ca447.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 289
Arcanine.

Thank you.
That's all I've really got to say here.
I honestly want to say a whole lot more, but can't quite figure out what else really needs to be said.
You're giving a lot here, and asking very little in return - a simple thanks really isn't enough though, but it's the best I can give at the moment.

Again, thanks.
MS7

Ohh i didnt see that you posted the Chief's helmet too. Nice!, thats a helmet that i want to build but the current models are too hard and have too many little pieces since am used to building easy peps like Satchmo's files. I would love to see that one made pep friendly , it would be a challenge!

Would this be worth unfolding? I was attempting to clean up the Scanner Helm but I'm still a noob with blender and would like to know is is acceptable?

Absolutely - though, I would advise leaving the visor on the base helmet and removing the open edges on the file.

You can do this by selecting the entire helmet (press 'A' while in EDIT MODE, the model should turn fully orange), hitting 'W' to bring up a menu, and then selecting 'Remove Doubles'. A fairly simple, straightforward process that leaves the file nice and clean, and with no open edges other than what are necessary.

I spent a couple hours this evening introducing myself to applying UV map textures with the defender helmet in blender. This is something I've been meaning to learn for a while and I'm finding it pretty fun to play with these assets. It's pretty rough but below is a photo of how far I got. Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words, Spartan.

Applying the UV maps to these files is fairly easy - once you have the process down it can take less than ten seconds to apply one to the mesh. I look forward to seeing how you can further enhance these files.

Arcanine.

Thank you.
That's all I've really got to say here.
I honestly want to say a whole lot more, but can't quite figure out what else really needs to be said.
You're giving a lot here, and asking very little in return - a simple thanks really isn't enough though, but it's the best I can give at the moment.

Again, thanks.
MS7

Thanks, Spartan. You could provide better thanks by uploading these files to the Database, as a mirror in case Dropbox goes down, just as a suggestion.

Ohh i didnt see that you posted the Chief's helmet too. Nice!, thats a helmet that i want to build but the current models are too hard and have too many little pieces since am used to building easy peps like Satchmo's files. I would love to see that one made pep friendly , it would be a challenge!

The current Master Chief helmet files are a lot more comprehensive than the one I posted up - I'd suggest trying your hand at the ones already available. A lot of the detail work on these files will be freehand, otherwise.

this is so awesome I'd like to thank you arcanine Gravemind and the Adjutant Team for sharing all of these files with the community I have been wanting to build a set of halo 4 odst armor again thank you all so much

Thanks, Spartan. You could provide better thanks by uploading these files to the Database, as a mirror in case Dropbox goes down, just as a suggestion.
Not a problem. >\DB\Halo 4\
http://www.4shared.com/rar/vIpIHADIce/Halo_4_Modeller_Asset_Pack.html
I'll start trying to unfold a couple myself, and add any finished ones.

this is so awesome I'd like to thank you arcanine Gravemind and the Adjutant Team for sharing all of these files with the community I have been wanting to build a set of halo 4 odst armor again thank you all so much
...the H4 ODST files were done back in September 2013, at the previous file-drop. Seriously - I unfolded them myself.
>\Database\Halo 4\Infinity\____\ODST\

once again Arcanine, thank you for the model pack. I did not know you are a girl/woman. me I am classified as other.

edit: you wouldn't happen to have the gungir v2 available by chance?

edit: you wouldn't happen to have the gungir v2 available by chance?

Every single file I have has been put up for download. This includes all GUNGNIR files - helmet, shoulder plating, torso piece, and the unique forearms that come with the set. Check the corresponding posts on the first page of this thread, or download the Modeller's Pack - everything you need will be available.

Arcanine thank you so much for this. Btw, I 'refined' the Soldier helmet. Anyone wanna unfold it?

I 'refined' the Soldier helmet. Anyone wanna unfold it?

If anyone wants to send refined files my way I can give them an unfold. Granted I dont have anything important going on because it wont be priority.
I may start the game rips but only for test peps.

Arcanine thank you so much for this. Btw, I 'refined' the Soldier helmet. Anyone wanna unfold it?
I have lots of time to do unfolds since I only work 3 hours a day. You can send stuff my way if you want. :p

Applying the UV maps to these files is fairly easy - once you have the process down it can take less than ten seconds to apply one to the mesh. I look forward to seeing how you can further enhance these files.

Okay, so after reading this I came to realize these OBJ files contain the UV layout information corresponding to the texture image files. I'm sure this is fairly rudimentary stuff but I'm pretty excited to be learning it. Last night I was trying to define new seams and manually adjust the layout to the texture file which seemed like a very daunting task.

armorset_zps61da6976.png

Attachments

• armorset_zps61da6976.png
    armorset_zps61da6976.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back