[RELEASE] Halo 4 Armour Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Good morning, Spartans, and a happy April Fool's to you all. Contrary to the spirit of mischief and merriment, today is a day for celebration and the giving of gifts - and I can think of no greater gift to give to the 405th than to finally release content that I'm sure a large portion of this community is eager to receive.

With that in mind: ladies, and other Spartans. I proudly present to you, the Halo 4 Armour Asset Collection. These files have been painstakingly extracted, sorted, named and then uploaded, for your enjoyment. Please give thanks to Gravemind and the Adjutant Team, of Halomaps, for providing these files.

EDIT 25/07/2014

Files are now available from the 405th's dedicated File Archive. Please refer to the OBJ Files section for more information.

EDIT 25/07/2014

Files are now available from the 405th's dedicated File Archive. Please refer to the OBJ Files section for more information.

EDIT 25/07/2014

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT 25/07/2014

EDIT 25/07/2014

This would be an awesome April Fools day prank but if it's true. Well I haven't gotten over my insomnia and you just gave many reasons to lose sleep.

Edit: Arcanine..... just when I thought I couldn't like you enough you go and post this aawesoness. Can't wait to get to my laptop, downloading this awesoness to my phone.

Do you have a all in one pack. Wait I think I know where to find it.

This would be an awesome April Fools day prank but if it's true. Well I haven't gotten over my insomnia and you just gave many reasons to lose sleep.

Edit: Arcanine..... just when I thought I couldn't like you enough you go and post this aawesoness. Can't wait to get to my laptop, downloading this awesoness to my phone.

Do you have a all in one pack. Wait I think I know where to find it.

...what?

Yes, I have an all-in-one pack, but that would be an incredibly large download, hence my splitting the files up. For those that require I will, at the end, zip all these files up into one folder. As for getting the resources elsewhere - not for a while. I was given the extraction tools under the provision that the files I obtain go towards the 405th, and nowhere else, so for the moment, nobody else has these tools.

6c0.png

Pat-

Attachments

• 6c0.png
    6c0.png
    596.3 KB · Views: 561
Wow they are actually legit. I thought that they were still going to be an April fools prank. You have no idea how I love you right now. And Im sure everyone here does considering its difficult to model them by hand.

How do I open these files? Do I need a certain program like Pepakura?

He has them as a obj file. anything that is compatible will open it. Pepakura and Blender opens them however you may have to import them.

captain-picard-full-ofjx1u.jpg

This is too awesome. Thank you!! Now for the fun unfolding part xD

Attachments

• captain-picard-full-ofjx1u.jpg
    captain-picard-full-ofjx1u.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 378
In order to print these so you can build it, yes, you WILL need pepakura. However, since the files are in .obj and not .pdo that means the file is NOT unfolded so that you can scale it and print.

Anyway, this is a VERY nice collection of files. I may have to save these just in case I ever get to do a commission, but I personally have NO plans to make any Halo 4 armor for myself.

Well now,1) This is awesome, and 2) That was fast. I may be wrong but I don't even think all the Halo 3 in-game armor assets have been released yet, and here we have half of Halo 4's out already with the rest on the way.

Any plans for weapons, AA modules, etc.?

Already adding to my collection of pieces I regularly use, and thus will be unfolding as soon as I can. So for those interested I will (eventually) be adding the Enforcer, Deadeye, Scanner, and Soldier helmets, as well as the Enforcer, Mark VI, Soldier, and Wetworks chests to my "Unfolded" bin at the link in my signature. Once they become available I'll be adding the War Master and Mark V shoulders, and the Contour, Counter, and ODST legs to the list of models I will be attempting to unfold. I make no guarantees or even estimates on a time frame, though.

AWESOME! Just. Awesome.

Great work!

Thanks kindly, Spartan. I don't do this for the glory, but it's good to know that people appreciate the effort I put into organising these files.

Wow they are actually legit. I thought that they were still going to be an April fools prank. You have no idea how I love you right now. And Im sure everyone here does considering its difficult to model them by hand.

I'll be putting together a Modeller's Pack containing all of the armours, plus relevant textures, to assist with modellers wanting to edit these files further.

...bacon.

This is too awesome. Thank you!! Now for the fun unfolding part xD

Thanks, Spartan. I've seen your modelling work, and I'm sure that you can make good use of these resources.

Well now,1) This is awesome, and 2) That was fast. I may be wrong but I don't even think all the Halo 3 in-game armor assets have been released yet, and here we have half of Halo 4's out already with the rest on the way.
Any plans for weapons, AA modules, etc.?

1) Thank you.
2) In subjective terms, yes.It took over two years for Halo Reach assets to make an appearance, and I'm not sure how long it took for Halo 3 assets to be figured out. With that being said, the most likely reason you, as a costumer, never see Halo 3 assets is because the corresponding pieces were modelled freehand a long, long time ago. H3β assets have been used though.
3) Not currently. I may make those files available at some point, but to my knowledge, at least the weaponry files exist for download. I've distributed the Armour Ability modules to certain parties, certainly, but after the hard slog of uploading and linking the armour permutations, I am, in a word: knackered.

With all that said: the remaining armour pieces have now been uploaded and linked for your enjoyment. I will, at a later date, upload a Halo 4 Modeller's pack complete with textures for modellers to use in enhancing these files for costuming use - for now, however, please enjoy these resources. It's my hope that they'll be used to good effect by the community to make some top-grade pieces. Feel free to message me with any further enquiries, but I will state for now the following:

I am not currently taking requests for other assets. Further releases may include other resources, but I would ask that you be patient for the time. Your 'extras' will come in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of one useful modification the 405th modeling community could do that would make things a lot easier when it comes to the build: isolating the shoulders, arms, and legs into one side or the other. A step beyond that would be to break them up by components, specifically for the arm (forearm, hand plate) and legs (thigh, knee, shin, boot). Much easier to get a better fitment and scale when only having to deal with one piece at a time, as these are all designed around a standard Spartan's proportions, and not everyone fits that description. There are other modifications that could be made, as there are a few pieces that have no openings for a body to fit through, but at the same time that could prove useful, as a builder could focus on scaling for best overall look (covering full length of an appendage, for example) and then cut out a custom sized and shaped hole to reduce the need for padding and other "field mods" to make it fit their own body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back